Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Jerusalem posted:

In addition to rewatching Twin Peaks I've also been rewatching The Sopranos, and man that show is still really, really, really loving good.

Got back into watching Law & Order: SVU lately, finished season 1 and into season 2 now, been pretty drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im watching all the fast and furious and then im gonna (maybe) watch all the resident evils. criterion channel has an insane april lineup though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

im watching all the fast and furious

I have been too! Was in the mood for dumb Con Air level joyful ridiculous stupidity and it delivers by the ton :)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'd never seen past the second one until this week and i had forgot about it cuh, they all suck but 2 3 and 5 were awesome. that's where i'm at

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Isolation clearly getting to yea ok, considering watching the loving Resident Evil movies. Stay safe

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm motoring through Criminal Minds on Amazon Prime. Entirely engaging and entirely forgettable in equal measure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

i'd never seen past the second one until this week and i had forgot about it cuh, they all suck but 2 3 and 5 were awesome. that's where i'm at

I just finished 6 and it's complete nonsense and I don't care because it's loving hilarious and incredibly entertaining - like the entire climax of the film/the bad guy's plan is entirely reliant on the military taking their orders from some random street racer whose name most of them don't even know, it's incredible.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I decided I’m going to use some of this time to start making my way through my collection of DVDS and Blurays that I haven’t got around to watching. In the player at the moment is a PWG Young Bucks compilation. Before that, the first couple of episodes of Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

2 FAST
2 FURIOUS

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chopper is a straw hat now, with more manpower I can only assume they will find the one piece shortly

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My partner and I watched Dark Phoenix last night just to see if it was as terrible as we expected. Most of it was her yelling at the screen for all the redheads being fake (she is a redhead) and for the one natural redhead playing a blonde. Also she was angry that it didn't follow the comic or even stick with continuity from previous movies. I don't think she saw whichever one it was that retconned out most of the previous ones.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Cavauro posted:

what's the best anime thing on hulu or netflix.

I'm a little late to anime chat but I really liked Hi Score Girl. It's a love letter to the arcade and gaming scene in Japan in the 90's.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Endless Mike posted:

My partner and I watched Dark Phoenix last night just to see if it was as terrible as we expected. Most of it was her yelling at the screen for all the redheads being fake (she is a redhead) and for the one natural redhead playing a blonde. Also she was angry that it didn't follow the comic or even stick with continuity from previous movies. I don't think she saw whichever one it was that retconned out most of the previous ones.

This is how I remember the plot, please let me know if it's accurate:

Wolverine: I don't need anyone. I can take care of everything myself.

Everyone else: No, you need us.

Wolverine, at the end: You guys were right. I need other people.

Dark Phoenix: I CAN'T CONTROL IT

Wolverine: I need to take care of this myself.

Also at some point Magneto makes a brings a bridge around as transport and that's pretty cool at least

EDIT: Oh wait I think you're talking about the new-ish film. Welp, I was remembering X3, soz

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Best Fast & Furious (besides Point Break) is Five. I think I would rank them like this:

Idk about Hobbs and Shaw; got it lined up in my queue though. I have a big set of 1-7 that is in the shape of a wheel. I’m a cool person.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Artelier posted:

EDIT: Oh wait I think you're talking about the new-ish film. Welp, I was remembering X3, soz

That reminds me that both movies were written by the same guy which I find pretty fascinating. He killed the franchise twice

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Fast & Furious is a series where I’m fairly sure no one can ever say anything about them that would make me want to watch a single one of them.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

extradite THIS! posted:

The Fast & Furious is a series where I’m fairly sure no one can ever say anything about them that would make me want to watch a single one of them.

It’s about a bunch of road-racing criminals who turn into (implied) super powered (overt) spies. They’re incredibly polished, well-directed pieces of spectacle cinema. IIRC 4 “looks” the worst; I think it came out right around Dark Knight and it was trying to emulate Nolan too much.

Fast Five is a legit great time; probably what most people think of as “a great time at the movies.” If you’re on board with that, then the ones after it are also good.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The Fast and Furious series is someone's Shadowrun campaign where the drivers are deckers and physical adepts with a Focus on drive, and every movie ends with an empty Karma pool.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's also one of the best Hollywood franchises at maintaining a multinational and multiracial cast.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Captain Magic posted:

Best Fast & Furious (besides Point Break) is Five. I think I would rank them like this:

Idk about Hobbs and Shaw; got it lined up in my queue though. I have a big set of 1-7 that is in the shape of a wheel. I’m a cool person.

Agreed mostly except I'd put 1 above 3 and 4 below 2

H&S is trash

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I got the covid

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

I got the covid

Sorry to hear that. Hope it's mild and you feel better soon.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

I got the covid

Ownedgan

love you bardley get better soon <3

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I love the F&F movies but I loving hated Hobbes and Shaw

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fast 2 was awesome and fast 4 was terrible sucktrash

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

This is exactly what I'm looking for thank you. I just want nice, quiet stories about family trying to make it. In all media.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6083230/

mariooncrack posted:

I'm a little late to anime chat but I really liked Hi Score Girl. It's a love letter to the arcade and gaming scene in Japan in the 90's.

thank you super mario.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

:):):):)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Do they make anime for grown ups?

Akagi and Kaiji are both shows dealing with gambling without making it seem like something you should do in real life. They don't got fat anime tiddies or people sweatdropping all over the place. Akagi has a 10 episode live action TV series from 2015 that absolutely rules. I know it can be found on Crunchyroll but dunno about elsewhere. It's super rad visually and the acting is over the top great (for the villain) and subtle and subdued (for Akagi). I've been meaning to read both's manga but there's so much Akagi.

These are very distinct from Kakegurui which is just an excuse for people to get horny about gambling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember one of the digimon series getting very adult but that may have been hangover hallucinations

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Artelier posted:

This is how I remember the plot, please let me know if it's accurate:

Wolverine: I don't need anyone. I can take care of everything myself.

Everyone else: No, you need us.

Wolverine, at the end: You guys were right. I need other people.

Dark Phoenix: I CAN'T CONTROL IT

Wolverine: I need to take care of this myself.

Also at some point Magneto makes a brings a bridge around as transport and that's pretty cool at least

That quote made me miss watching hype as gently caress Mahvel matches where Phoenix gets poo poo on. Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaZFTUGk3I

Persona 5 Royal comes out tonight in NA just in case anyone wants to waste 150 hours on a dope game made even better.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

I remember one of the digimon series getting very adult but that may have been hangover hallucinations

Season 3 has a lovecraftian final villain and deals with issues of loss and depression and was show run by the creator of Serial Experiments Lain and Texhnolyze.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Digimon, digital monsters

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

Digimon, digital monsters

Brazil is much better at localization than 4kidz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR8WkK0wkjc

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why did they put aeris in digimon.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Cavauro posted:

why did they put aeris in digimon.

Sephiroth: *appears above Aeris, blade drawn*

Brazil: Uh vai morrer! Uh vai morrer!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this birds of prey movie isn't too good so far but i'm not going to quit it. I thought i saw people say it was good, but i went looking and people said it was bad. But i knew that i had read people saying it was good. feels like people have different opinions sometimes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fast 6 = w/e thing. stay tuned for my review of "furious 7" coming shortly

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i want to watch not lovely netflix ultraman

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cavauro posted:

this birds of prey movie isn't too good so far but i'm not going to quit it. I thought i saw people say it was good, but i went looking and people said it was bad. But i knew that i had read people saying it was good. feels like people have different opinions sometimes

I liked it a lot. Especially Chris Messina, the actor playing Szasz. He gives an incredibly creepy, minimalist performance that's really good fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Well what else do you like. food-wise, entertainment-wise. Drinks