Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've read and memorized everything I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hey Dr what do you call a patient who can't diagnose their own illness?

Hey contractor what do you call a client who can't build their own garage?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eifert Posting posted:

a bengals fan

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It would be kind of funny for some sports league to go through the effort and expense of establishing one of these Olympic villages only for someone to break quarantine, get the virus, and blow it all on Day 1.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

Oooh I can answer #2. Unmanly

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It would be kind of funny for some sports league to go through the effort and expense of establishing one of these Olympic villages only for someone to break quarantine, get the virus, and blow it all on Day 1.

That's what would happen, and once it was inside it would spread incredibly rapidly because people would be cheek by jowl. It's one of the worst ideas ever, basically Masque of the Red Death: NFL Edition

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Honestly surprised some NFL owner or executive hasn’t floated the idea of all of the players intentionally catching the virus now so that they’ll be immune to it for the fall so they can play.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wish I was in a situation in life where I could agree or disagree to something that would could affect me by millions of dollars without bothering to read it, or even getting someone else to read it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
lol

https://twitter.com/E_Reid35/status/1244640335927664640?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

no no no it all happens at one field

Play all games in the Kibbie Dome. Wanna see NFL players slamming into the walls 5 feet past the end zone.

I was looking through my imgur trying to find my previously saved Kibbie Dome pics and couldn't find them, but I did find this Phil Simms gem which is funnier anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/keEwqOE.mp4

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol you’d call them a client dude. 99% of people, yourself included, have no idea what they agree to.

I've also never agreed to anything nearly as important as a multi-billion dollar contract.

Eifert Posting posted:

I would put my life savings on a bet that you agreed to a contract in the last month without skimming it. I'm not saying the players were smart to sign off right away, but they were not in any way unusually dumb.

Depending on your definition of contract, you just lost your life savings. I havent installed any video games, signed a new credit card, or any EULA in the last month. I started the process of buying a condo, but I read every line of it (even though I know I didnt understand most of it).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Big difference between trying to diagnose your own illness and reading a contract (or hiring a professional to do so!) worth billions.

More like "hey dr what do you call a patient who treated his illness with essential oils?

Hey contractor what do you call a client who built their garage out of plywood and nails?"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The answer to all of those is a cool friend.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If you’re not literally Ron Swanson and competent in everything you are a failure of a human.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

I havent installed any video games

Doesn't this disqualify you from posting on SA

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you’re not literally Ron Swanson and competent in everything you are a failure of a human.

Big facts

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I've also never agreed to anything nearly as important as a multi-billion dollar contract.

Depending on your definition of contract, you just lost your life savings. I havent installed any video games, signed a new credit card, or any EULA in the last month. I started the process of buying a condo, but I read every line of it (even though I know I didnt understand most of it).

Did you make a payment on your auto insurance? How about home or life? How about telecoms? The average American has literally dozens of contracts renewed or initiated every month.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I refuse to enter into contracts of any sort

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
there is zero difference between accepting T&C on neopets and the CBA for a multi billion dollar sports league and you’d be a goddamn moron to say differently

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
PSA: Chiefs/Rams from 2018 is on ESPN at 7 central tonight.

I cannot think of a crazier regular season game ever played.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Did you make a payment on your auto insurance? How about home or life? How about telecoms? The average American has literally dozens of contracts renewed or initiated every month.

Oh, so you just want to be a pedantic dickhead instead of admitting a lot of players massively hosed up by trusting the league and the nflpa.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Doesn't this disqualify you from posting on SA

Temporary setbacks due to recent fatherhood. When Cyberpunk 2077 comes out my daughter is on her own.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This, but unironically even though I have not yet attained true Ron status.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I re-watched this recently and the defense made me so angry all over again.

I have heard a lot of people rip Spags (lookin at you, Ross) but the difference was night and day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If there’s no football this year how out of shape will so many players be once the offseason programs begin for the 2021 season?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

The last 3-5 minutes of the game are the only time I have seen Mahomes go on tilt and lose his calm playmaking ability and essentially become the high-risk/high-reward player many draft profiles were saying. He was just launching it nonstop trying to win the game with every throw

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If there’s no football this year how out of shape will so many players be once the offseason programs begin for the 2021 season?

Let's just say the steelers have a lot of great trick plays ahead of them confusing quarterbacks and oline

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

You know, this is fair. I’ve become jaded but i absolutely remember being floored at the times i would explain a very basic limitation or requirement of our contract, like say the freakin term of length, and they’d openly argue. Then you’d realize they only skimmed and misunderstood an 8 figure contract

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1244742833451536384

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/thebiglead/status/1244743545359159303

The level of incompetence and mismanagement on display here is very hilarious. Especially when you're a jet fan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I re-watched this recently and the defense made me so angry all over again.

It is so hilariously bad.

I'm still not convinced Spags is a good DC, but Sutton had checked out completely at some point. Or at least was completely unable to figure out how to change to innovative offenses. His poo poo worked fairly well in 2013 and I don't think it was only that they lost Derrick Johnson and Eric Berry that was the problem.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chichevache posted:

but I read every line of it (even though I know I didnt understand most of it).

That's the same as not reading it, hth.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If gettleman wants to build around daniel jones then why not give him exactly as much rope as he needs instead of the whole spool

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1244595979048882177?s=20

I, uh, don't think I've ever seen a cap space quite that small before. :stare:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

If you read Danielle Hunter's body language you can note the exact moment he starts licking his lips as he realizes who's being assigned to block him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
KC has enough cap space for one Andy Reid BBQ lunch

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

KC has enough cap space for one Andy Reid BBQ lunch

They can free up space in several ways but it is hilarious that they're under 200 bucks.

I say until something horrible happens and they can't field a full roster.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

They can free up space in several ways but it is hilarious that they're under 200 bucks.

I say until something horrible happens and they can't field a full roster.

Mahomes would still find a way to win, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

It is so hilariously bad.

Oh god Orlando Scandrick dropping the gift pick that would have probably won this game is still painful.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Oh, so you just want to be a pedantic dickhead instead of admitting a lot of players massively hosed up by trusting the league and the nflpa.

I work in auto insurance. I would be shocked if one in a thousand people I talk to read their policy.i would be shocked if one in ten loving agents read it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Strobe posted:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1244595979048882177?s=20

I, uh, don't think I've ever seen a cap space quite that small before. :stare:

So, uh, how exactly are they planning on signing their draft picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So, uh, how exactly are they planning on signing their draft picks?

Restructure or cut Sammy Watkins seems like the obvious thing. They can also sign Chris Jones to a deal instead of franchising him if they choose to which would be expensive as hell but could push the cap hit back. There are a bunch of middling guys they could cut even though they may not want to like Daniel Sorensen.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 31, 2020