Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Unfortunately my health insurance doesn't cover postmortem refrigeration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Unfortunately my health insurance doesn't cover postmortem refrigeration
Sky burial it is.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rtu1Va-dnM

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Just fire my corpse out of a cannon.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

That’s a lot of instagram likes that you’re asking people to give up.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

Just fire my corpse out of a cannon.

At something please. Whatever you want, it doesn't matter.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Did we cover this yet today? https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1244606910462136321?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Whoa

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I mean it won't loving matter, but christ

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Thanks for the explanations. By a dictionary definition I am a veteran (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/veteran) in the sense of being a former member of armed forces (national service in the Finnish Defence Forces), I am a reservist. Here in Finland the word veteran is only ever used to describe the veterans of WW2 and I would never call myself a veteran either in Finnish or English. Some of you folks have seen horrifying things and I simply spent nine months training, parading and making GBS threads in woods. I think it's the difference between a volunteer and a conscript army, a career in the military here isn't particularily attractive to people from poor backgrounds as higher education is free in any case. And since most nco jobs are short term ones and almost no private is actually hired there aren't that many families where being in the army runs in the blood, as it were. Some certainly, but the out of the officers I have known who have had kids none of those kids have become officers.

And of course the countries are very different. But even former peacekeepers who have been in missions in the Yugoslav civil war, at Cyprus or in the Middle-East are not called veterans here, they are peacekeepers. And some of them have had some bad PTSD from those things.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1244738764523606016?s=20

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1244739955731107840?s=20

Can't wait for the History undergrad in 2070 watching this while writing a paper on America

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I mean we basically deserve to collapse.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1244739955731107840?s=20

Can't wait for the History undergrad in 2070 watching this while writing a paper on America

I'm still thinking about the speaking with someone from not this particular world bit. Seemed very particular and it's good that we are getting pandemic advice from the multiverse.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

That actually makes me wonder, does the sheer volume and preservation of primary sources these days mean that it will be logistically impossible to get into them in the same depth as we have for pre-Internet sources?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm not even confused why the my pillow guy is there, why wouldn't he be

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

im sure the mypillow guy is an expert epidemiologist or disaster response coordinator or something

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He's an expert on smoking crack and selling lovely pillows with his cross necklace.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 30, 2020

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That actually makes me wonder, does the sheer volume and preservation of primary sources these days mean that it will be logistically impossible to get into them in the same depth as we have for pre-Internet sources?

Nah shits gonna get real cool with the data mining tools we will have. History gonna be lit in 30-40 years.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I have never before seen that man in my life. I guess I should feel blessed?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Memory lane...
https://twitter.com/emzorbit/status/1225084351601434628

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I mean we basically deserve to collapse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

My Spirit Otter posted:

im sure the mypillow guy is an expert epidemiologist or disaster response coordinator or something

Setting all your old, 50% bacteria by volume pillows on fire like the velveteen rabbit

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Setting all your old, 50% bacteria by volume pillows on fire like the velveteen rabbit

see i knew glorious leader would provide a solution. we just need replace our old pillows with mypillows and bam coronavirus is DONEZO

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

lmao your president just hosted a fuckin infomercial

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A stars and stripes pillow will be required purchase for all hospital roni beds

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jfc

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

Nah shits gonna get real cool with the data mining tools we will have. History gonna be lit in 30-40 years.
I see a problem with how social media encourages everyone and their grandma to be completely full of poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I like bringing this poo poo up because Trump and his idiot supporters try to gaslight the country and insist that nobody knew it was a big deal then or that nobody was asking for help or that the experts agreed with him.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I see a problem with how social media encourages everyone and their grandma to be completely full of poo poo.

Come to my seminar: shitposting and stunting - how social media shapes historical perception.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

I like bringing this poo poo up because Trump and his idiot supporters try to gaslight the country and insist that nobody knew it was a big deal then or that nobody was asking for help or that the experts agreed with him.

It's 100% going to work too.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's 100% going to work too.

I honestly hate all of this and just wish it was a stupid dream.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I honestly hate all of this and just wish it was a stupid dream.

We could rewind to 2015 knowing everything we know now and you’d be hard pressed to convince me we wouldn’t gently caress it up even faster.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

And I offered all of you amnesty but did anyone take me up on it?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/AdamTaylorBates/status/1244749627745845254

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh for fucks sake

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There is always more and it is always stupider.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Coronavirus is going to wreck havoc in Aspen.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laughing at the 3 brazilian soldiers joke in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BUG JUG posted:

This sounds like an awesome way to extrapolate the bias of the people writing the data mining tools/queries under the guise of scientific accuracy.