Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Aw man I was just joking, apologies if that was rude

My apologies for reacting so strongly. I’m still just big mad about how everything is handled in this game. I’m fine with one island per switch, but the arbitrary loving restriction on secondary citizens is the stupidest bullshit in 2020.

I have no idea how families with a bunch of kids are handling this.

Like, just treat all loving players equally. Keep the one island per switch, just let me build loving bridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i found a flower island :3:

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Kerrzhe posted:

That's a gorgeous flower island. I'm super jelly.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Kirios posted:

I have been trying for fifteen minutes to go to the 394 Turnip island what the hell goons

Pretty sure it took me 15 minutes trying to leave Turnip Island.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
All that this game would have to change to alleviate all my complaints is: treat all players equally and give all players a loving inventory when playing together.

I actually really like sharing an island with my wife. I just get annoying having to switch to her account any time I want to do certain things. And also missing out on a bunch of the cutscenes.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dang i guess i missed turnip island

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happened to luck upon spider island while Flick was in town!

https://imgur.com/gallery/Rz7jwbR

$$$$

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Lux Animus posted:

Thanks for that pilot's getup (and the chicken/kappa beak :ducksiren:), plus the security wallpaper! I left all my spare bells with you, but I forgot to leave a note!

- - -

I've got cherries (native), pears, and oranges on trees currently on my island, free for anyone to take for planting: BH7KQ

Red and white mums, red and yellow hyacinths, and red and white windflowers on sale at the shop! Hot item is Log Bench if you want to spend some wood.

I'm going to be on the beach collecting clams for the next couple hours, so come join if you have any planting needs!

Oh also I can let you touch my guitar or drumkit if you're interested in getting instruments in your nook catalog. Just lemme know!

I dropped by your island and helped myself to a ton of fruit. Don't worry though, I left a stack of peaches in the woods.

By the way, your flowers are gorgeous. Nicely done!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'll open back up 394 turnip island. I got disconnected for some reason. Thank you for the tips!! Also there's a cool fox mask in Mable's shop.

Dodo code: 6NMCJ

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Chris Pistols posted:

Does this work for EVERY Nook Miles island? I'm on one now with 3 tiers that build up to a point like a wedding cake. No rivers or ponds. 5 rocks on top (nothing extraordinary in them).

Seems a weird shape for an island and I've been to a few by now. Am I missing something/can I make this a tarantula island?

Oh yea important note is it does need to be spawning some above ground bugs beforehand. It’s also much less annoying to do on islands without multiple levels in general, since switching to ladder can be a pain.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kerrzhe posted:

When I found one of these I didn't realize how valuable those blue ones were and only took like two. I gotta get back!!!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
:toot: Thanks for the white lily seeds and bridge donations! To whoever was asking about the paper lantern in my grove: sorry I couldn't let you hold it, the game wouldn't let me pick it up from the ground. Unless if it also catalogs from just touching and interacting with it?

If you want to come back real quickly though, I picked it up and it's in my inventory now :v:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Alright opening up for a couple of hours while I AFK/fish

:siren: Southern Hemisphere CJ is here!:siren:
It's 21:28 over here, meaning you can get lots of bells from selling sharks
Dodo code: 1QW5N
Turnip price: Crap
Seeds: Cosmos, Mums and Lilies

Apologies for the crappy layout, I'm in the process of replacing stuff

Accepting: Tulips, Roses and Pansies seeds

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'll open back up 394 turnip island. I got disconnected for some reason. Thank you for the tips!! Also there's a cool fox mask in Mable's shop.

Hardstone here, thank you!

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
I have Kicks in the town square selling some slippers, clogs, compression tights(?), socks, handbags and backpacks if anyone want to check it out.

Dodo code: JSWXX

Note that the bags do not increase inventory, they're just cosmetic. There's also some fruit around on trees. Would love any seeds you could bring :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Any idea where the turnip lady is? I can only move 5 feet per minute.

Also how do you get the pink trees?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

RCarr posted:

you sell turnips at nook's cranny

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

you sell turnips at nook's cranny

Oh I’m a dummy. Thanks!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

RCarr posted:

Also how do you get the pink trees?

Sell them in Nook's shop.

Pink trees are because it's April already on his island

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

ecavalli posted:

I dropped by your island and helped myself to a ton of fruit. Don't worry though, I left a stack of peaches in the woods.

By the way, your flowers are gorgeous. Nicely done!

Aw, thanks! It rained this morning - I was super-stoked not to worry about watering them all!

Lux Animus posted:

I've got cherries (native), pears, and oranges on trees currently on my island, free for anyone to take for planting: BH7KQ

Red and white mums, red and yellow hyacinths, and red and white windflowers on sale at the shop! Hot item is Log Bench if you want to spend some wood.

I'm going to be on the beach collecting clams for the next couple hours, so come join if you have any planting needs!

Oh also I can let you touch my guitar or drumkit if you're interested in getting instruments in your nook catalog. Just lemme know!

This is still going on if anyone is interested ^^^. Closed!

I still have at least two trees-worth of cherries, pears, and oranges if you're willing to hunt a bit (bring a ladder for oranges).

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 31, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Leaving is...difficult

EZgrease
Oct 21, 2004

Had my first camper visit so I went to say hi. They immediately wanted to move in and I had no option to say no. Nook asked me to build a house, so I waited a day to see if the request would pass but nope. Camper is there forever until you build them a house apparently. That is extremely annoying.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I am 100% convinced there is some mechanic in play that makes certain fish un-catchable when visiting the other Hemisphere. Hours spent trying to get a King Salmon, island's owner was able to catch one in two baits after I left.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I can't catch the goddamn ranchu goldfish :(

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Kiwillian posted:

I have Kicks in the town square selling some slippers, clogs, compression tights(?), socks, handbags and backpacks if anyone want to check it out.

Dodo code: JSWXX

Note that the bags do not increase inventory, they're just cosmetic. There's also some fruit around on trees. Would love any seeds you could bring :)

Oh I'm so happy Kicks is back :3: I assume this is post-Able shop?

EZgrease posted:

Had my first camper visit so I went to say hi. They immediately wanted to move in and I had no option to say no. Nook asked me to build a house, so I waited a day to see if the request would pass but nope. Camper is there forever until you build them a house apparently. That is extremely annoying.

Yeah no it's always (?) a smug villager and you're still in the tutorial, gotta take 'em. If it was Chops you're a loving fool but then I haven't yet seen my favourite best friend so he might not even be in the game :ohdear:

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I've been on your island for 30 minutes. 25 of those minutes have been standing here, watching people arrive.

A-plus experience overall!

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Poque posted:

Leaving is...difficult

Yeah I was literally sprinting for the exit and got interrupted like 5 times to watch someone else enter/leave. Then when finally leaving it kept saying "we've got interference" and wouldn't let me leave. Eventually it worked.

Thanks to Dog Island for the host though. I quadrupled my first stalk investment.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Tarantulas in this game are right fuckers. They love to hide behind my trees and gently caress my day up

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I am 100% convinced there is some mechanic in play that makes certain fish un-catchable when visiting the other Hemisphere. Hours spent trying to get a King Salmon, island's owner was able to catch one in two baits after I left.

I went to “Isolation” earlier today and caught a Great White, Whale Shark, King Salmon, Coethlyanth(sp), in about 10 minutes.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

eating only apples posted:

Oh I'm so happy Kicks is back :3: I assume this is post-Able shop?

Yes, I've had Able's for a couple of days I think.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.

ecavalli posted:

I've been on your island for 30 minutes. 25 of those minutes have been standing here, watching people arrive.

A-plus experience overall!

Looks like it's full at the moment. A little room to dump these turnips would be much appreciated!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

is wishing on stars supposed to be doing anything

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Brother Entropy posted:

is wishing on stars supposed to be doing anything

Check the beaches the next morning

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Scholtz posted:

There's a red fedora in my shop today, but I won't be back until later tonight

And now for my next trick, I'll steal this entire deserted island!

Thanks so much, my otherwise crappy day is completely made now. :3:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Color Printer posted:

Check the beaches the next morning

but i want it nowwwwwwwwwwwww

(thanks)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

indigi posted:

I can't catch the goddamn ranchu goldfish :(

Go to a Nook island with a pond. Fish spawn there much more frequently and Ranchus have a unique shadow size. They're slightly bigger than the goldfish/tadpole size and smaller than carp. Also make sure you're going between 9am and 4pm

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Managed to get in and sell, and get out. Appreciate you opening your town!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I found a new villager! I never heard of him before, his name's Crackle and he's kind of an ugly lazy pig, but I love pigs so welcome to my island, friend. Even though I already have the best lazy pig and his name is Hugh.

e: He's called Spork in other regions! Huh fancy that

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 31, 2020

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Thanks! I left you a tip by the entrance. Also I appreciate the Linkin Park town tune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

If you place a house plot and don't accept anyone from an island, will it stay open until you find somebody, or will someone randomly move in the next day?