Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who's up for another round of Bruce Prichard Is Full Of poo poo?

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1244487649815035904
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1244509955119443968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arbite posted:

Oh my Good Brother.

It's BAAAAAAAAACK!

We'll finally get to know what the Boys have been up to out back (buying flowers for their sweeties and toys for the children, I bet!) :neckbeard:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Free episode of WOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBNRHm8FKAY

Featuring the saga to find Wayne's Official Al Snow fan site.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pretty sure Nash himself has said he hated being face, too. He definitely said it on TV on his way out in a sorta shooty way.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
What an odd thing for Dave to definitively refute. How can Dave prove that idea didn't cross Bruce's mind at the time? Bruce constantly lies and for some reason this is where Dave pipes up?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

whenever i see anyone refer to birx on twitter i read it as bix and it's really throwing me for a loop

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

81sidewinder posted:

What an odd thing for Dave to definitively refute. How can Dave prove that idea didn't cross Bruce's mind at the time? Bruce constantly lies and for some reason this is where Dave pipes up?

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...dlvr.it.organic

The article and Bruce's statements indicate it as a years long preference by multiple figures within the company. Dave's gonna Dave, but this is a rather bald-faced lie.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Sounds more like post World War I german generals memoirs stuff.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Finally listening to WOL from Saturday and Jim Valley is just the sweetest man. That video game show was one of the nicer pods in my feed this week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jim really is just great :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If Jim replaced Bryan, I don't think I'd mind at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Variety is nice, especially since Bryan has a couple kids now and they severely impact his ability to just do lengthy shows with Dave. Having Jim, Garrett and even Sempervive around to share the load is good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

even Sempervive

Let's not get crazy dude

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Jim Ross interview is really good. Valley and Meltzer do it.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I still really like Bryan and Vinny and Craig, but if Dave was always paired with Jim instead of Bryan that would be preferable imo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I like Jim but it just dawned on me he sounds like one of the Professor Brothers and that makes it even better.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TheKingslayer posted:

I like Jim but it just dawned on me he sounds like one of the Professor Brothers and that makes it even better.

Yes in loving deed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I need Bryan and Dave for the Raw and WWE PPV arguments. I need it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sure sounds a lot like Vince is trying to make PPVs a thing again considering they're now being mentioned before the network. Which speaks to Dave's theory that the split between VInce and the people he fired was that they were network-above-all people. Or at least that's how his brain has framed it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bryan/Dave work best for big show/TV recaps where Jim works for guests and history

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Rick posted:

Sure sounds a lot like Vince is trying to make PPVs a thing again considering they're now being mentioned before the network. Which speaks to Dave's theory that the split between VInce and the people he fired was that they were network-above-all people. Or at least that's how his brain has framed it.

I thought it was that they were pushing hard for maximizing profit over preventing the rise of competition with all these talent contracts and NXT expansion and the like.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So is WWE or UFC winning most disgusting promotional tactic this year?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

No reason they can’t share it for doing the same thing.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan (getting Dave's predictions for WM): Corbin vs Elias
Dave: who cares

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Seams posted:

Bryan (getting Dave's predictions for WM): Corbin vs Elias
Dave: who cares

I was listening to a wrestling podcast (Smart Wrestling Fan) today where they said they weren't going to do Wrestlemania match predictions because there was no guarantee that any of the matches being built up would actually be on the card.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

wwe is likely trying to cover up one of their wrestlers having coronavirus so they dont have to scrap the show and are continuing to false advertise roman reigns. i guarantee you if anyone lower on the card tried to stay home they would be immediately buried and punished by the company for doing so.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lamuella posted:

I was listening to a wrestling podcast (Smart Wrestling Fan) today where they said they weren't going to do Wrestlemania match predictions because there was no guarantee that any of the matches being built up would actually be on the card.

I'm pretty sure given it's all taped now that they're going to show all the matches they're promoting, but if anyone would find a way to do card subject to change on a taped show WWE would be the company.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

njsykora posted:

they're going to show all the matches they're promoting

Hahahahahaha

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

njsykora posted:

I'm pretty sure given it's all taped now that they're going to show all the matches they're promoting, but if anyone would find a way to do card subject to change on a taped show WWE would be the company.

Weren't they still promoting Reigns being involved literally yesterday?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

become the carnie you were born to be, hunter. stick sean maluta in the body armor and pretend nobody notices, hunter

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Lamuella posted:

Don't believe the ragsheets brother.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lamuella posted:

I think yesterday was when they actually announced him being out (despite it being known since last Wednesday I believe) so yeah. Though according to Dave the PPV listings have no matches listed which is loving wild for being less than a week out on a taped show.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Punch McLightning posted:

No reason they can’t share it for doing the same thing.

They will absolutely both win for how they handled this month, yes. I'd question the readership if they didn't get 90 percent or more of the first place votes. Or, something else sinister happens this year :(

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
It depends: do they hold a Saudi Show in the middle of a pandemic and make people travel halfway around the world for it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

OFFICER LIGER posted:

wwe is likely trying to cover up one of their wrestlers having coronavirus so they dont have to scrap the show and are continuing to false advertise roman reigns. i guarantee you if anyone lower on the card tried to stay home they would be immediately buried and punished by the company for doing so.

I love the brokebrains on Twitter trying to defend this like "durrrrrr gotta wait until Friday when they do an angle to get him off the card" when Roman himself already confirmed that he pulled out.

Like brother this isn't even a kayfabe thing, they're straight-up lying by advertising a match everyone knows isn't happening.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
what's the point of doing Mania at all

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

Well they are about to make a cool 6k in pay per view sales.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Well they are about to make a cool 6k in pay per view sales.

you can get it on FITE, FOX, and the award winning wwe application

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

A crazy old man in charge forever shouting at clouds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I mean I get the guy absolutely loves cheapening everything about it but empty arena mania at the Performance Center sounds kinda awful. Empty arena shows are washed up and over exposed as it is.