Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

So if my turnip prices have lowered every time since yesterday morning, (46-42-36-34) that's...good right? It's the pattern where the price will spike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Help Im Alive posted:

So if my turnip prices have lowered every time since yesterday morning, (46-42-36-34) that's...good right? It's the pattern where the price will spike?

at least in my experience of actually following trends, spikes seem to randomly occur with any pattern. it seems like they occur once every two to three weeks and no specific pattern makes them more or less likely to occur.

note that the gamecube version is the only one for which i ever actually jotted down turnip patterns, so i could be extremely wrong, but it still did seem to be the case in new leaf as well when i hit it big there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Help Im Alive posted:

Pretty much, you do want it to start going up within the next two days, otherwise you're deffo not seeing profit in your island.

I'm 88-84-80

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

My Money Tree today pulled through and tripled the full amount I buried. :toot:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Holy *poo poo*, rainy-day fishing seems lucrative :stare: Just been mooching around for, well, not even an hour, and I'm like 90k up.

Edit: Just caught my fourth Coelacanth inside this hour :psyduck: And that is to say nothing of the Marlins, Oarfish, and goodness knows what else! :captainpop: 'scuse me while I rush out to buy a lottery ticket...

Edit: Closed out the hour nearly 200k up. Daaaaaaaaaaamn.

magimix fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 31, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

magimix posted:

Holy *poo poo*, rainy-day fishing seems lucrative :stare: Just been mooching around for, well, not even an hour, and I'm like 90k up.

nook ticket island fishing is as well, i've caught so many stringfish and sturgeon on nook islands that it kinda makes me feel bad for all the people itt who have zero of them

for the record, if you are struggling with those fish, GO TO NOOK ISLANDS, they are all loaded with them

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1244967657054416903

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds
I had given up on getting the sturgeon or stringfish by the end of the month because if I spent any more time digging clams I was going to lose my loving mind. Last night I was wrapping up at about midnight and decided to check my cliff rivers on a whim and there the stringfish was waiting for me, as if the game felt sorry for me. The level of happiness I felt at that moment indicates that I have been inside far too long...

Question: do you have to craft the big star bits to make the wand or do they wash up post-meteor shower as well? I've only gotten the Aries bits and the tiny ones.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^^^ big bits wash up too, I've only gotten them and small bits.

Does raining affect any other fish spawning? I'm gonna try to put in a bit of work to catch a couple sharks before they disappear.

Will probably open my island later for visitors, so stay tuned

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

nook ticket island fishing is as well, i've caught so many stringfish and sturgeon on nook islands that it kinda makes me feel bad for all the people itt who have zero of them

for the record, if you are struggling with those fish, GO TO NOOK ISLANDS, they are all loaded with them

I spent all my time yesterday on two tier Nook Islands looking for stringfish and nada, I'm sure it's more likely but not a guarantee :(

minema
May 31, 2011
Opening my island while I afk and work on my dissertation.

Northern hemisphere
Cherries as main fruit
Able sisters is open, has Pharoah outift, Tuxedo top, Cheerleader outfit
Nook Brothers have an unfinished puzzle and a coffee mug.
Sunny weather, rubbish turnip prices.
Dodo code: 18G73

If anyone has any blue/purple hybrid flowers that'd be very appreciated!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dad Jokes posted:

Doesn't the tent actually buy stuff for 80% of the price, like the store's drop off box?

Are we sure about this? I was vising someone else's town who didn't have the shop and got 700 for a Salmon which should be full price.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cyd loving owns

That skull is a loving stereo

Also lol my 8th villager moved in and my rating shot up to 4 stars.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I've got bad news

There's only one shop upgrade and my friend said they don't change hours apparently

If this is true that's insane. They've been doing multiple upgraded store levels since the beginning of the series.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Octolady posted:

I spent all my time yesterday on two tier Nook Islands looking for stringfish and nada, I'm sure it's more likely but not a guarantee :(

you're right it isn't a guarantee, but it seems like across the board, nook ticket islands have better fish spawns. it's where i got my second barreleye fish, 6 out of the 9 stringfish i have caught were all on nook islands, 6 out of the 8 sturgeons i caught were on nook islands, etc., and none of which i was even particularly looking for at the time; in fact i was mostly looking for new villagers. i've also caught countless red snapper and barred knifejaws there when i decided to hang around.

just keep trying. it seems like the best bet.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If this is true that's insane. They've been doing multiple upgraded store levels since the beginning of the series.

As far as I can tell, nobody really knows, because the store upgrades based on how many active game days you've spent in the game. The first upgrade comes at 28 days. So no one knows where or if it continues beyond that, yet.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Finally posted on the database, is it supposed to be only pc or nl on there? Couldn't register for new horizons.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'd not be surprised if future updates hold more store upgrades. we already know the first update contained some npcs and items we have yet to see in-game, so maybe even with the delay, there's more stuff they wanted in the game but did not have time to implement. and if any game could launch semi-unfinished with more stuff released later on after players have spent a lot of days playing, it's prolly animal crossing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah, I just want more stuff to do honestly. It's still kind of insane they cut out all attempts at minigames, a ton of special npc's that are series mainstays, gyroids, a good chunk of villagers (with only like 4-5 new ones), a lot of favorite furniture sets, like... the list goes on and on and on for New Horizons

It's easy to say that 'updates will fix it' but this is one of the first times I can recall a Nintendo game shipping with this many cut corners, I'm kinda glad it got pushed back because I can't imagine what would be missing if it launched last year.

This really really isn't a attack on the game, just yeesh when it's a technically smaller game than New Leaf (Launch)

Xanderkish posted:

As far as I can tell, nobody really knows, because the store upgrades based on how many active game days you've spent in the game. The first upgrade comes at 28 days. So no one knows where or if it continues beyond that, yet.

I mean, there was a datamine and all

It just kinda sucks, though I'm happy it upgrades at all honestly. Just wish it wasn't so far off.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 31, 2020

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Stole this one from ResetEra...

https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/status/1244959580355887105

Someone call the cops! :argh:

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I mean, there was a datamine and all

It just kinda sucks, though I'm happy it upgrades at all honestly. Just wish it wasn't so far off.

Was there? I only looked up places like Polygon and such.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Electric Phantasm posted:

Cyd loving owns

That skull is a loving stereo

Also lol my 8th villager moved in and my rating shot up to 4 stars.

It's not really a radio, because you can't use it without buying music.

I got a white one, it fell out of a tree on a Nook Island.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Quillson moved to my island and I HATE HIM but my wife says it's Animal Crossing so I have to be nice

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xanderkish posted:

Was there? I only looked up places like Polygon and such.

Yeah, I avoided most of it till a few days ago but New Horizons has less content than launch New Leaf so take that for what you will :shrug:

Just hoping that updates can add more stuff back in honestly, and it's not too little too late when and if it shows up.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

what are the most effective bully methods? just hitting with a net and ignoring them? Bitty's gotta go

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

what are the most effective bully methods? just hitting with a net and ignoring them? Bitty's gotta go

Getting 10 villagers and then recruiting someone from a campsite will allow you to evict someone.

Just don't let your friends recruit Bitty if you go that route, because there's a bad glitch.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That glitch only happens if you evict them using an amiibo, and someone tries to come adopt them. Least that's what the article I read said. If they decide to move on their own they can.

mabels big day posted:

Net yeah, but also it has no effect just like every other game. Just treat them normally and they'll eventually want to leave or use a amiibo to evict them. It's why you get thousands of posts for every past game going "I HIT X WITH A NET FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT AND HE WONT MOVE OUT."

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

just keep trying. it seems like the best bet.

Yeeea sorry I sounded salty I expect I've got phenomenal bad luck with them. Have caught tons of sturgeon tho!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i think i'll hit her with a net anyway

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Getting 10 villagers and then recruiting someone from a campsite will allow you to evict someone.

Just don't let your friends recruit Bitty if you go that route, because there's a bad glitch.

do i need to use amiibo to get campsite people, or do they show up randomly even if I have 10 villagers

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Able sisters got some slick stuff in my shop today. Come to my island and be a kick rear end greaser like me.

Or go get a :rock: mirror to go with your new board game from Nook.

That not good enough for you? How about this bomb-rear end fish trophy recipe? (Benedict, red roof, far left side of island).

Come the gently caress on over. Dodo: (edit: closed for now)

Just don't pick the flowers (any fruit is yours to take).

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 31, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mabels big day posted:

do i need to use amiibo to get campsite people, or do they show up randomly even if I have 10 villagers

Campsite villagers show up at complete random at the start of the new day. Isabelle will let you know if someones there during the announcement.

Only way to guarantee someone though is amiibo yeah.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That glitch only happens if you evict them using an amiibo, and someone tries to come adopt them. Least that's what the article I read said. If they decide to move on their own they can.

Net yeah, but also it has no effect just like every other game. Just treat them normally and they'll eventually want to leave or use a amiibo to evict them. It's why you get thousands of posts for every past game going "I HIT X WITH A NET FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT AND HE WONT MOVE OUT."

I like that one person's that got posted here that did this, got some sad dialogue, and then changed their twitter header to "I APOLOGIZED TO OZZIE, I'M SORRY"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So at 10 villagers do you just lose the ability to find villagers via islands? (Since you cant put more plots down.) That seems like kind of a bummer if you're just down to hoping to get someone you like through campsite.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Able sisters got some slick stuff in my shop today. Come to my island and be a kick rear end greaser like me.

Or go get a :rock: mirror to go with your new board game from Nook.

That not good enough for you? How about this bomb-rear end fish trophy recipe? (Benedict, red roof, far left side of island).

Come the gently caress on over. Dodo: J5745

Just don't pick the flowers (any fruit is yours to take).

Oh gently caress yeah I'm gonna hop right on over now, you want anything? Flowers, mats, etc?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Is there something I need to do to make my first campsite person move in?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How many flowers does Isabelle want for my rating? I literally had like 50 and she implied she wanted more.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Talk to them? Eventually they'll ask to move in or something and you'll need to chat with Nook, he'll give you the plot.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MorningMoon posted:

They need a plot of land but otherwise you just need to talk to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh gently caress yeah I'm gonna hop right on over now, you want anything? Flowers, mats, etc?

I've gotten all the fruit thankfully, but if you have any lilies or white roses those would be awesome. Mostly just want to share those items with anyone while I got them.