Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Flikken posted:

How is it "double dipping" to receive a retirement they paid into? What's next, are they going to offset IRAs and 401ks?

Because they want to make people think they are fighting against some 'welfare queen' stealing people's hard earned social security and punishing them for it, when it's just owners doing their best at divide and conquer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

OxySnake posted:

Print the Ehud was right shirts.

Did i miss this being called? Everyone seems to be saying it’s Armando making poo poo up. He hasn’t been close with this regiment at all, so if there is any truth in the sense he was told this - it really feels like a smoke screen

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

lol these posts are going to be awesome if somehow you guys screw it up

Oh absolutely. I'm going to keep a bottle in the cubbard up until draft night.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Did i miss this being called? Everyone seems to be saying it’s Armando making poo poo up. He hasn’t been close with this regiment at all, so if there is any truth in the sense he was told this - it really feels like a smoke screen

I don’t even know what the hell I post anymore

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I don’t even know what the hell I post anymore

How would you feel about it?

How would you feel about it if it were for 5/18/26?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think he posted a thing about how Miami should trade up to no. 1 even if it means all 3 of their 1st round picks.

And this was the news the next day. I hope Miamj makes a move Phins posters are cool and I hope you get a cool QB.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah sure whatever okay

quote:

New York-based NFL writer Gary Myers reports the league still plans to play a full 16-game season.
Myers is also quick to point out that it’s admittedly early in the process and no such contingency plans have been discussed with teams. It's impossible to say where the league is headed given the ever-changing landscape of day-to-day living at this time, but the reality is that training camp remains the absolute best-case scenario for players to rejoin their teammates at facilities prior to the new league year. Considering Commissioner Roger Goodell moved forward with business as usual in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, it would not be shocking if the league continued to look the other way wherever possible and weigh the season over player safety.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How many first round picks would a franchise quarterback on his rookie contract be worth? Five? Seven?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mcmagic posted:

Tua is going to be way better than Burrow.

he already is

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

How would you feel about it?

How would you feel about it if it were for 5/18/26?

Here’s what I posted in the draft thread the other say:

Ehud posted:

My Dolphins QB preferences:

1) Try to trade up to 1 for Burrow. I'm fine if it takes all three firsts.
2) Trade up to 3 for Tua.

There is no 3. I don't want any of these other QB's. I'm sick of being in QB purgatory. We traded away a bunch of assets to put ourselves in position to get a top QB. If we exit the draft with a lovely project QB then I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

So yeah, I’m fine either way with a slight edge to Burrow over Tua.

I think they both kick rear end though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Last call boys.

https://twitter.com/FletcherWDSU/status/1245013334497394694?s=20

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
IMO this sounds like the Dolphins floating rumors, probably to put pressure on Detroit for #3. Both times this rumor has come out it's from the same local media guy, and he's probably the prime candidate for the team to put out leaks through.

If Washington isn't trading, there seems like an incredibly strong impetus for a DET/MIA deal to get done and neither team really has much traction for leverage over each other on it. Threatening to trade with the Bengals for #1 is about the Dolphins only card they can play, and the precariousness of the Lions decision-makers is going to make the Dolphins bounty of 2020 picks much more desirable than other trade partners offering the same value in 2020/2021 picks.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 31, 2020

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lions will still find a way to draft a TE 3rd overall.

Or a special teams jammer.

Or forget to turn in a pick like the Vikings did. Twice.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Detroit should send Galladay and the 3 to Miami for the 5 and another 1. America needs another laugh right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

IMO this sounds like the Dolphins floating rumors, probably to put pressure on Detroit for #3. Both times this rumor has come out it's from the same local media guy, and he's probably the prime candidate for the team to put out leaks through.

If Washington isn't trading, there seems like an incredibly strong impetus for a DET/MIA deal to get done and neither team really has much traction for leverage over each other on it. Threatening to trade with the Bengals for #1 is about the Dolphins only card they can play, and the precariousness of the Lions decision-makers is going to make the Dolphins bounty of 2020 picks much more desirable than other trade partners offering the same value in 2020/2021 picks.

Do you think there is anything to the idea that the team is worried about taking Tua without being able to work him out or have the medical team get their hands on him?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
TB12

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1245048975423569922?s=19

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want a player one time to just say gently caress you this is my number

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Catfish Noodlin posted:

What kind of stupid loving Franchise would actually, honestly telegraph their draft intentions through accurate media leaks? *glares at Lapham*

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1245047531081363457

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I want a player one time to just say gently caress you this is my number

Good way for Godwin to have 0 receptions for the year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Odd.

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1245050357102915586?s=20

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Please have funny sound effects

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Aggro Crag at halftime

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well I know what I'll be doing on my birthday.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1245053237041889280

:hmmyes:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Do they still Slime people? After every touchdown, the other team should get slimed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Who’s gonna be in the booth?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

ren and stimpy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

man Mina Kimes is the best

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Eifert Posting posted:

I work in auto insurance. I would be shocked if one in a thousand people I talk to read their policy.i would be shocked if one in ten loving agents read it.

I've worked in auto claims for five years and I'd say that's closer to 1 in 10000 agents. Most of them will tell people wildly incorrect things about what is and isn't covered.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I can see Crabs and Plankton as rival team owners.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Better Than You posted:

Aggro Crag at halftimefor overtime

The Best Idea

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Voices of Patrick and Squidward.

... I realize I've never actually heard Squidward speak, but I'm sure I'd know the voice instantly. Memes are very informative.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
You better believe I'm watching the Nickelodeon stream.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Better Than You posted:

Aggro Crag at halftime

Should definitely be Mike and Mo from GUTS.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do not really miss him, but whatever happened to Gus Johnson?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He does college football for Fox now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Only get insurance for things you can't afford to replace.

luckily I don't have anything fitting that description

a neat cape posted:

Drafting Tua and using all the picks they have to upgrade the roster.

Instead of throwing them all at a 23 year old QB who had one outstanding year with a stacked team

Cmon dude, Joe Burrow is more than a one hit wonder. LSU wasn't so good that just anyone could've done what he did. I'm not sure anyone else could've, he may be a one year wonder but that year was an absolutely magnificent one where he hardly put a step wrong the whole time. Yes his physical traits aren't incredible but his mental traits and accuracy are through the roof. When you see a year like that I'm not sure what another year would really prove.

I think any team would be happy to get Burrow or Tua and the Dolphins checking in with the Bengals to see how sold they are on him sees like due diligence

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The thing that I always struggle with when people talk about how loaded burrow's team was is it's implying that the team Tua had wasn't also absolutely stacked. I mean there was a very large percentage of the population who thought Clemson should be favored over LSU in the final. You could pretty convincingly make the argument that the level of opposition that Burrow played against is virtually unprecedented. Is Ohio state the only top 5 team the Tigers didn't play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Mina Kimes gets me.