Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i can already see the 1 star rating on aliexpress...

ordered test kits 3 weeks ago, finally arrived, but doesn't work, only works sometimes!!

to which the seller goes

you did not read the instructions or contact us first, test kits are not faulty, instruction clearly say to use 5 kits each sample. you are being very dishonest giving 1 star rating, you have ordered the wrong test kit so we are not at fault, we have selling other test kits that you should have asked us for which situation is right for you. we will issue no refund since you already rate us 1 star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

woah woah woah

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

It took less than a week for the idiots to get banned. Cspam tankies would fare no better.

Most just migrated offsite. C-spam would do the same.

I can't believe the China thread in D&D is so bad that the GBS thread is the best place to go for China news. :(

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a long time ago it was relatively readable but then people started coming in from the GBS thread and it got bad. now it's bad and the GBS thread is relatively more readable

this is just like how yin and yang are always in flux as any Orientalist would know

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

UltraRed posted:

I can't believe the China thread in D&D is so bad that the GBS thread is the best place to go for China news. :(
Is there a CSPAM equivalent to Kiwifarms? Juche Twitter?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shumagorath posted:

Is there a CSPAM equivalent to Kiwifarms? Juche Twitter?

The Bread and Roses offsite they created over the winter?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

infernal machines posted:

The Bread and Roses offsite they created over the winter?

most of them changed their mind, they weren't welcome there

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Booty Pageant posted:

i can already see the 1 star rating on aliexpress...

ordered test kits 3 weeks ago, finally arrived, but doesn't work, only works sometimes!!

to which the seller goes

you did not read the instructions or contact us first, test kits are not faulty, instruction clearly say to use 5 kits each sample. you are being very dishonest giving 1 star rating, you have ordered the wrong test kit so we are not at fault, we have selling other test kits that you should have asked us for which situation is right for you. we will issue no refund since you already rate us 1 star.

This is why you do the rating AFTER the refund!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The White Dragon posted:

This is by far one of most extremely funny things to happen in all of that drama.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

UltraRed posted:

The GBS China thread has people who. . .

1. Read about China
2. Understand a bit about its history and culture
3. Can speak/read the language(s)
4. Have actually been to China/Are still in China
5. Have lived in China/Are still living in China
6. Have Chinese family/are Ethnically Chinese
7. Have a Chinese spouse/kid(s)
8. Are not frustrated loners who have manifested their hate of the opposite sex and their parents into some sort of tankie lifestyle.

I think the thread walks the line of being Anti-CCP and the horrible poo poo it does, but avoids the racism of, "All Chinese people are ______ ".* Also the people who were ironically, or actually rooting for "Genocide Xi" and the CCP to rule the world have been either banned, or banned from this thread.

*does not apply to "olds" & "buzzcuts"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjphiN9qF0

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Blistex posted:

1. Read about China
8. Are not frustrated loners who have manifested their hate of the opposite sex and their parents into some sort of tankie lifestyle.

I think the thread walks the line of being Anti-CCP and the horrible poo poo it does, but avoids the racism of, "All Chinese people are ______ ".* Also the people who were ironically, or actually rooting for "Genocide Xi" and the CCP to rule the world have been either banned, or banned from this thread.

9) are phiz kalifa, who is here mostly to reminisce about Korea

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
All the Chinese people I've met (not a representative or large sample by any means but whatev) have been genuinely nice and polite and helpful and I wish their government didn't suck so hard.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blistex posted:

1. Read about China

9. also using it as the goons in east asia general megathread :v:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

All the Chinese people I've met (not a representative or large sample by any means but whatev) have been genuinely nice and polite and helpful and I wish their government didn't suck so hard.

i mean i've met plenty of rude rear end motherfuckers from china but they were all tourists

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 31, 2020

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's a huuuuge difference between the way people treat faceless masses in China and the way they behave one on one. It's true in Korea too. The same person who will literally shove you out of line to get in front will go out of their way to help you if they know you at all.

And yes this is true to an extent with everyone, but the contrast in China/Korea is extreme. My Chinese friends (who haven't lived abroad) are often genuinely confused by the concept of being polite to a stranger.

China it's real easy to see how much is the fault of larger forces since Taiwan and Hong Kong are right there and give you a direct comparison. Imagine a world where the mainland was like Taiwan. So much better for literally everyone.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm a frustrated loner, but my hate's turned inward. Do I still count?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The White Dragon posted:

Were they too tankie or not tankie enough?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Blistex posted:

1. Read about China

I'm No. 5, (and I suppose No. 4 also). And I generally contribute nothing but either white noise, or stupid questions to the thread.

What do I win?

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 1, 2020

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
In lighter news, the cherry blossoms are now in full bloom, and they look beautiful. 🌸

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A beautiful world with beautiful places to visit

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 28, 2021

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Shadow0 posted:

In lighter news, the cherry blossoms are now in full bloom, and they look beautiful. 🌸

Here in DC they have actually deployed police to keep people away from them lest they lure us out of our social distancing.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Blistex posted:

1. Read about China

9. Lurking in the hopes of one day seeing the fabled suit

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

oohhboy posted:

I remember a lot of talk about very specific doughnut holes of which got closed. Still plenty of doughnuts.

Then a ton of people lost their healthcare because they voted for the face eating leopard party.

Doughnut holes were a specific financial spot where your combined health insurance/independent drugs insurance would help pay for meds, but after a certain point, you had to pay more for them.

lovely explanation ahoy:

Step 1: You front your paltry cash "Start of year" cost for anything/everything, step 2 achieved

Step 2: Both you and drugs insurance put money toward meds, generally this is generous in your favor, because you're paying 15 bucks for your $300 insulin Rx pickup. Both your spending and their spending goes in a bucket to achieve step 3
That bucket is filled in three months with this $300-a-month insulin, BTW, less if you have other meds

Step 3: Company+you paid out X monies and there's A LIMIT YOU REACHED, now you have a steep increase to cost until step 4. Remember that $300 insulin? Remember that $15 to pick it up? It's now $60 a pickup(per month), :rip: you
Step 3 is what the olds called "doughnut hole" because it was a loving hole in part D(D for doughnut) coverage

Step 4: Only after you paid some obscene number( I think medicare capped it at 5200?) out of your pocket in total will you reach this step, and it's where you paid out some 5200 in a year. At this point, you get the "extremely poor people's rates" for meds, and even then, it's more than that $15 a pickup; closer to 30

And get this: next year, January 1st, this bullshit resets and you get to do it all over again

P.S. If you gently caress up this process, you're on the hook for the full price, you have to jump through hoops to get it recognized as "applies to drugs insurance", and until it's settled, it's entirely on your dime

P.P.S. Some things applied to this, some things did not; hospital meds weren't drugs meds, OTC didn't count, Rx versions of OTC were the same price as OTC, but the drugs insurance was more than happy to pay for those cheap fuckers in full up front(and apply that to loving your doughnut hole later) and certain expensive meds(everything you see commercials for) were in a category where you got hole-gently caress rates from the get-go, because there was no generic to side-effect your cheap rear end

Those "holes" are still open and wide as gently caress, mostly because profitable rates mean patients are going to get stuck paying more for the brand names without generic alternatives, and more than a few of those generics just don't work the same/as well: migraine medicine is basically aspirin/acetaminophen with caffeine, but the generic is someone putting that "pure energy" powdered caffeine on your generic pain reliever and "it's the same thing :aslol:"

Sorry for the rant, it's an industry that really does throw stolen money at all their problems, and that money doesn't actually get to solving the problems, just burying the problems until their estate calls to close shop

Blistex posted:

:tinfoil::mason: Ill intentions directed toward the harmonious country! :mason::tinfoil:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurophonic posted:

9. Lurking in the hopes of one day seeing the fabled suit

The final piece was a respirator.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

The White Dragon posted:

i mean i've met plenty of rude rear end motherfuckers from china but they were all tourists

the chinese dude i shared a taxi from georgia to russia to was mostly nice

he did, however, think being REALLY racist towards indians was a good way to establish camraderie

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Always fun having somebody be REALLY racist all of a sudden in a clear expectation of your agreeing with said racism.

It never gets old, really.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
apparently my big round face makes me look like a turbo sexist because i get that, but for sexism about twice a month. random strangers in america, korea, prc, s'pore, etc

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm a frustrated loner, but my hate's turned inward. Do I still count?

What percentage was Mao good/bad?

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm No. 5, (and I suppose No. 4 also). And I generally contribute nothing but either white noise, or stupid questions to the thread.

What do I win?

Cancer in your 40s?

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

apparently my big round face makes me look like a turbo sexist because i get that, but for sexism about twice a month. random strangers in america, korea, prc, s'pore, etc

if youre a man this is basically just being a man.

if you're not, idk.

also idk where i fall on whatever weird tier list we're making of posters cuz this morning I got an email from the Shanghai consulate saying "Hey Americans maybe you should pack it up out of China and head back to the good 'ol US of A ASAP!!!" and I was looking at the news like "nah I think I'd rather stay here lol"

have i gone full tankie????

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Magna Kaser posted:

also idk where i fall on whatever weird tier list we're making of posters cuz this morning I got an email from the Shanghai consulate saying "Hey Americans maybe you should pack it up out of China and head back to the good 'ol US of A ASAP!!!" and I was looking at the news like "nah I think I'd rather stay here lol"

Maybe they know something we don't and we're all gonna be dead in a week if we stay.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A question regarding Beijing 2022:

Given how Sochi 2014 cost more than all previous Winter Olympics put together, and how most of that was spent on graft, corruption, middle managers etc, and none was spent on facilities, or on anything useful.

How do we think Beijing 2022 will top it? Will they cheap out on everything, or will they spend more? Will the money go to CCP officials, or be siphoned off to various subcontractors? How late are they/will they be in building everything? What new and exciting ways will they find to gently caress up?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'd actually forgotten about the prior Beijing Olympics. How much of a shitshow was that?

Blistex posted:

What percentage was Mao good/bad?

The fact that he died was probably the greatest good in his record.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

WarpedNaba posted:

I'd actually forgotten about the prior Beijing Olympics. How much of a shitshow was that?

The fact that he died was probably the greatest good in his record.

I went to the birds nest stadium like 1 year after. It was already rusting to poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Blistex posted:

1. Read about China

9. Heard that if they read it long enough, it would one day cure their crippling addiction to peanut brittle.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Magna Kaser posted:

if youre a man this is basically just being a man.

if you're not, idk.

Mind posting that? I'm elsewhere in China but haven't gotten anything from the local consulate. Kinda wondering why they're advising Americans to GTFO now and flee back to Trump's Post-Apocalyptic Coronavirus WastelandTM just when China seems to maybe, possibly finally have a handle on things.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

BrainDance posted:

Maybe they know something we don't and we're all gonna be dead in a week if we stay.

I would not put money on the current US administration knowing something we don't.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I miss haier

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i wonder if Capslock is dead yet

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Magna Kaser posted:

nah if I were in a wealthy city in China i would not go back to the US at the moment either. I don't think China's numbers are true but I also think it's going to be way worse in the US.

Porfiriato posted:

Mind posting that? I'm elsewhere in China but haven't gotten anything from the local consulate. Kinda wondering why they're advising Americans to GTFO now and flee back to Trump's Post-Apocalyptic Coronavirus WastelandTM just when China seems to maybe, possibly finally have a handle on things.

They're also sending that to people in Korea which is absolute loving lmao. Hey leave one of the countries handling this best to come back to Literal Hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

They're also sending that to people in Korea which is absolute loving lmao. Hey leave one of the countries handling this best to come back to Literal Hell?

Everyone I've spoken to having returned to the UK has laughed at the fact they were all so worried about me visiting Korea, only for the UK to go to poo poo in less than two weeks.