Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Inspector 34 posted:

Mina Kimes gets me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No Irish Need Imply posted:

You better believe I'm watching the Nickelodeon stream.

Yea this

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Don't doxx me pls

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Here’s what I posted in the draft thread the other say:

So yeah, I’m fine either way with a slight edge to Burrow over Tua.

I think they both kick rear end though.

Now... what if it’s 5/18/26/Texans 1st?

I think I’m honestly okay with giving up all 3 firsts. I really am. Tua feels good and would feel great to grab at 5 but his injury concerns are legitimate. Other people living in denial of that, and repeating “OH he’ll be fine!” doesn’t relieve the fact he’s never finished a healthy season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1245064349397299200?s=19

The gently caress are we doing with Desmond King

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

Mina Kimes gets me.

Great feet too

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Now... what if it’s 5/18/26/Texans 1st?

I think I’m honestly okay with giving up all 3 firsts. I really am. Tua feels good and would feel great to grab at 5 but his injury concerns are legitimate. Other people living in denial of that, and repeating “OH he’ll be fine!” doesn’t relieve the fact he’s never finished a healthy season.

I’m cool giving up whatever. We aren’t playing football in 2020 anyways.

And I agree about Tua. Every time I think about drafting him, if I’m honest with myself I think about how clinched my buttcheeks are gonna be every time he drops back.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

Do you think there is anything to the idea that the team is worried about taking Tua without being able to work him out or have the medical team get their hands on him?

I think that's certainly a possibility, but I think if that's the case I think they'd have to have a conviction about Burrow strong enough to be exploring a trade-up either way.

I know there are rumors that a lot of teams want to do this, but push comes to shove I'm sure the Dolphins could pretty easily start sliding picks into 2021 and have the mobility to move around for almost whoever they want then, if needed.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

J33uk posted:

Great feet too

:chast2b:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcpqzQbRTI

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think that's certainly a possibility, but I think if that's the case I think they'd have to have a conviction about Burrow strong enough to be exploring a trade-up either way.

I know there are rumors that a lot of teams want to do this, but push comes to shove I'm sure the Dolphins could pretty easily start sliding picks into 2021 and have the mobility to move around for almost whoever they want then, if needed.

I agree completely, and the vibe in the building apparently is that the Texans 2021 pick is being viewed by Grier as a top 10 value. Now, it’s exactly the same opinion we heard him have on the Pittsburgh pick, which is why he chose Pittsburgh’s 1st over Seattle’s 1+5, so it can absolutely backfire. And in more than one way! It could either be a motto
1st OR ....

I’m scared we’re going to be fast and loose with that 2021 Dolphins 1st. 5/18/26/2021 1st for Burrow.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Freaquency posted:

Should definitely be Mike and Mo from GUTS.

I dunno what Mike's up to but Mo can't be making that much money doing voice acting for video games, let's get it done

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The real question is what would it take from the Bengals' point of view. All indications are they really like Burrow. I'm thinking both first rounders this year, a first rounder next year, and probably add in a second or third at least from this year or next

Most likely it's not gonna happen but it's fun to think about

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

Mina Kimes gets me.

just imagine little pete making GBS threads on everyone

artie's sideline interviews

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1245119921068969990?s=19

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

I agree completely, and the vibe in the building apparently is that the Texans 2021 pick is being viewed by Grier as a top 10 value. Now, it’s exactly the same opinion we heard him have on the Pittsburgh pick, which is why he chose Pittsburgh’s 1st over Seattle’s 1+5, so it can absolutely backfire. And in more than one way! It could either be a motto
1st OR ....

I’m scared we’re going to be fast and loose with that 2021 Dolphins 1st. 5/18/26/2021 1st for Burrow.

4 1sts for a top QB is absolutely a franchise defining gamble. Historically, it is way more likely that Burrow busts out than he produces at a level worth 4 first rounders. If the guy winds up even an above average QB, you probably set your team back 3 years.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

The thing that I always struggle with when people talk about how loaded burrow's team was is it's implying that the team Tua had wasn't also absolutely stacked. I mean there was a very large percentage of the population who thought Clemson should be favored over LSU in the final. You could pretty convincingly make the argument that the level of opposition that Burrow played against is virtually unprecedented. Is Ohio state the only top 5 team the Tigers didn't play?

I've seen a number of Ohio fans argue that LSU's championship wasn't all that impressive because they didn't play Ohio.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

4 1sts for a top QB is absolutely a franchise defining gamble. Historically, it is way more likely that Burrow busts out than he produces at a level worth 4 first rounders. If the guy winds up even an above average QB, you probably set your team back 3 years.

I would be flabbergasted if they did this. I think they're much more likely to white-knuckle it at five and pick whichever of Tua or Herbert drops. If neither drops I can see them going on tilt and doing something weird.

My best guess remains 5 and 26 for 3, and then picking Tua

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I think we're gonna end up drafting Herbert because we're a stupid, lovely franchise

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

I've seen a number of Ohio fans argue that LSU's championship wasn't all that impressive because they didn't play Ohio.

Ohio State fans are overwhelmingly god-awful. LSU would absolutely be favored against tOSU.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I think we're gonna end up drafting Herbert because we're a stupid, lovely franchise

Yes. But we won't end up trading the farm for him

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Yes. But we won't end up trading the farm for him

I would rather gamble on a talent I believe in than draft Herbert at 5 and surround him with good players.

I have ZERO confidence that he will ever be anything more than a Blaine Gabbert.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If I was Miami I'd keep hoarding picks and use them to get Lawrence instead. I wish the Patriots were in a position to do that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nodoze posted:

If I was Miami I'd keep hoarding picks and use them to get Lawrence instead. I wish the Patriots were in a position to do that

There are too many variables to execute a plan like that.

We definitely aren't drafting first overall next year.

The team with the first pick will probably say, "lol gently caress you we're taking him no matter what happens" (probably what happens to us this year trying to acquire Burrow)

Something could happen to Lawrence that changes his prospects, like a major injury.

The NCAA could grant another year of eligibility after the 2020 seasons is canceled and Lawrence could take it and not come out for another season.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nodoze posted:

The problem is Miami is good enough to win at least 4-5 games next year which puts them out of the running for Lawrence.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, planning for Lawrence is a fools errand.

To be clear, I am 100% on the Tua train, and I'd rather draft the top OT try and rehab Cam than draft Herbert. But I think the brain trust believe thy can coach up Herbert and will pull the trigger if it only costs one pick

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nodoze posted:

Man. If Burrow and Tua go in the top 4 can you imagine who'll be available for Miami? They could stack themselves with some insane talent. But I wonder if they see an opening in the AFCE this year with New England suddenly vulnerable.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

There are too many variables to execute a plan like that.

We definitely aren't drafting first overall next year.

The team with the first pick will probably say, "lol gently caress you we're taking him no matter what happens" (probably what happens to us this year trying to acquire Burrow)

Something could happen to Lawrence that changes his prospects, like a major injury.

The NCAA could grant another year of eligibility after the 2020 seasons is canceled and Lawrence could take it and not come out for another season.

I mean yeah those are all fair points. I'm just saying in a vacuum I would rather do that than gamble it all on Burrow thats for sure. I'm skeptical of him like most people here

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Yeah, planning for Lawrence is a fools errand.

To be clear, I am 100% on the Tua train, and I'd rather draft the top OT try and rehab Cam than draft Herbert. But I think the brain trust believe thy can coach up Herbert and will pull the trigger if it only costs one pick

"We can fix the insane physical talent who isn't a very good QB" will be the final nail for me. I'll 100% be in favor of firing everyone if we draft Herbert.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nodoze posted:

I mean yeah those are all fair points. I'm just saying in a vacuum I would rather do that than gamble it all on Burrow thats for sure. I'm skeptical of him like most people here

Why are you skeptical of Burrow?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

"We can fix the insane physical talent who isn't a very good QB" will be the final nail for me. I'll 100% be in favor of firing everyone if we draft Herbert.

Final nail? It'll be a massive red flag for me, but this staff is in credit at the moment as far as I'm concerned.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I'm Miami and I can't get Burrow or Tua I say gently caress it and draft Love with #18.

To me Herbert just screams bust, Take Fitz magic for another ride, Draft a bunch of other pieces and just coach up Love for a year. I totally agree that they're not gonna be in a position to draft number one next year, But if for some reason they haven't bought in on Love after coaching him for a year or they somehow do get the #1 someone will be willing to trade for him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if the season doesn't happen (which it won't) what happens with the 2021 draft order?

and will the college players just declare anyway or will it not count for them, because college football isn't happening either.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Eifert Posting posted:

If I'm Miami and I can't get Burrow or Tua I say gently caress it and draft Love with #18.

To me Herbert just screams bust, Take Fitz magic for another ride, Draft a bunch of other pieces and just coach up Love for a year. I totally agree that they're not gonna be in a position to draft number one next year, But if for some reason they haven't bought in on Love after coaching him for a year or they somehow do get the #1 someone will be willing to trade for him.

Agreed. I don't think Love will be there at 18, but it's nice to think.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^^^
I agree, I will be surprised if he gets to 15. I wouldn't want him with the 5 but Miami has all the capital in the world to be mobile.

FizFashizzle posted:

if the season doesn't happen (which it won't) what happens with the 2021 draft order?

and will the college players just declare anyway or will it not count for them, because college football isn't happening either.

I say just repeat draft order with 2021 picks, who says no? :v:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 1, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eifert Posting posted:

I say just repeat draft order with 2021 picks, who says no? :v:

Does that mean the Chiefs get another Lombardi

They could call it the Lombroni

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

Does that mean the Chiefs get another Lombardi

They could call it the Lombroni

Look as long as the Bengals get to trade the 2021 #1 for literally all the picks you do you.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

FizFashizzle posted:

The nfl season will be fine, your kleptocrat overlords are going to get a million people killed, but they'll all be dead by September

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've got family and friends stuck in New York City right now and hoo boy. Some of the stories are fucken dark. Hope they end up alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Final nail? It'll be a massive red flag for me, but this staff is in credit at the moment as far as I'm concerned.

We half-assed a tank job, went 5-11 and ended up in a position where we'll probably have to give up a considerable amount of draft assets to get a good QB.

And the first thing Flores did of note as a coach of the team was that stupid rear end stunt with Kenny Stills which still bothers me. He can say he supports the player social justice movements all he wants, but his actions in that moment tell another story.

I really have no reason to be optimistic for his regime outside of, "Brian Flores kept everyone playing hard during one of the worst seasons in franchise history."