Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sardonik posted:

OH gently caress THE VIRUS GOT TO THE TRACKER:

ITS LEARNING :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

remember that part from the andromeda strain where it started dissolving rubber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

people are getting used to the new number of deaths every day but at some point i assume they will be shocked again

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Whenever China did lie and this virus is way worse than expected or it turns out to be bunk and American pundits try to push these rumors to keep America from being seen as the biggest failure, April going to be fun

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Yellowstone last erupted ~650k, 1.4m, and 2.1m years ago. Are we totally due for the next one? Yes, but we're equally "due" for thousands of other threats as well, so don't focus too much on it!

Thankfully the geological evidence suggests that there's not any reason to think Yellowstone's going to erupt in the near future. Unlike Campi Flegrei, the supervolcano directly under Naples, which many geologists think will erupt in the next few decades.

sum has issued a correction as of 03:11 on Apr 1, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

:rip: first thread caught covid-19 and died

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

still a few hours to go, too.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Trump was distracted by impeachment so he wasn't on his usual A-game for the global death pandemic is gonna be a chud talking point.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

ah yes, the original Tiger King

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

people are getting used to the new number of deaths every day but at some point i assume they will be shocked again

when someone they know, not just a few people removed kind of know, but really know and see frequently, dies, a lot of people will suddenly, at long last, have their bubble burst

we'll reach saturation of everyone everywhere knowing someone who died from coronavirus after a couple million I guess

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Durf posted:

ah yes, the original Tiger King

Thug Life

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Uhhhhh, lmfao....?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

when someone they know, not just a few people removed kind of know, but really know and see frequently, dies, a lot of people will suddenly, at long last, have their bubble burst

we'll reach saturation of everyone everywhere knowing someone who died from coronavirus after a couple million I guess

I don't know any human beings in real life so ha

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
We've been seeing the death toll double every three days for the past couple weeks or so. If that keeps going we'll hit 8,000 on Friday

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

D1E posted:

Trump was distracted by impeachment so he wasn't on his usual A-game for the global death pandemic is gonna be a chud talking point.

That would mean admitting that he hasn't handled this perfectly

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

aside from slandering T4 like this, this graphic is totally wrong about how viral genomic material is stored in the capsid, c'mon you fuckers you can meme and still be right on the science.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Gum posted:

That would mean admitting that he hasn't handled this perfectly

He just did:

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Dustcat posted:

did trump actually order the intervention that would result in that extremely optimistic curve

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1245169292422696960

this is super privileged and i recognize that but i'm one of those people with very high income but very low credit due to a foreclosure on the books. i cannot wait to build my high desert ranch and train queer urban kids in the art of soldering in the summer camp i will run out of such a property

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

D1E posted:

lmao when Trump loves to dickwag whenever things go his way but will say it actually stressed him out (it probably did but who knows)

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Hey guys if you're intimidated by the plumbing required to install a bidet, you can buy a portable one.

https://www.amazon.com/Soothing-Pos...tag=skonsite-20

I basically haven't used any toilet paper for the last 2 weeks.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
In the US, it's still March

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Paramemetic posted:

In the US, it's still March

March marches on

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
trump is just waiting for this to blow over so he can concentrate on more pressing issues: mexican immigrants and facetiming Putin

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Does anyone have the duelling buses gif featuring Italy and China and a special guest appearance?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

MoaM posted:

trump is just waiting for this to blow over so he can concentrate on more pressing issues: mexican immigrants and facetiming Putin

What's stopping him from doing both as we speak?

animist
Aug 28, 2018
coronavirus

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

someone mathy tell me what 75-100 deaths over the expected amount today in the model where we end up with 150k dead means in total

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

how many 9/11s are we at? we have to invade 2 new countries for each 9/11.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

What's stopping him from doing both as we speak?

planning the guest stars on the next twenty pressers

lotta work.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

ArmZ posted:

Oil's cheap.

Let's invade Alaska.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Surely Bannon or Miller are gonna infected soon

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

KaptainKrunk posted:

someone mathy tell me what 75-100 deaths over the expected amount today in the model where we end up with 150k dead means in total

it means nothing, there's a lot of noise in these numbers

the 150k dead total was a ridiculously optimistic prediction based on the assumption that we'd do a full lockdown everywhere, which didn't happen

the realistic prediction is 3 million dead

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Fun little tidbit, my sister is an NP manager for a group of SNF/rehab homes with a bunch of olds. Several of her NPs quit this week out of fear of the roni. Come on, there aren't even any confirmed cases in the homes yet! Do not mind that no testing is being done.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

ArmZ posted:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Surely Bannon or Miller are gonna infected soon

Isn't Bannon in Italy or did he leave after his weird racist compound got chased out by angry citizens?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ArmZ posted:

1.3 9/11s presently. that means invading 2 countries and also seizing an overseas territory

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

daily numbers for the ongoing day mean nothing at all, you need to wait a few days for all the reports to come in and be processed before you even have a number approaching the correct official number for the day

and when case numbers exceed testing capability all the official numbers are basically just reading 3.6 roentgen

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Dustcat posted:

daily numbers for the ongoing day mean nothing at all, you need to wait a few days for all the reports to come in and be processed before you even have a number approaching the correct official number for the day

we probably had 1000 today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

thinking about 9/11