Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What was once a little-noticed local epidemic in Wuhan has broken out of control and is now a worldwide pandemic infecting over 856,000 people (officially as of 3/31 23:59 UTC) and likely much more than that (unofficially). COVID-19 / SARS-nCoV-2 / Boomer Remover / Corona-chan / or just simply Corona sent stock markets across the world into a plummeting nosedive, put dozens of millions out of work, and is currently overwhelming hospitals all across the West.

There is no vaccine, and there will not be a vaccine for several months at the earliest. There is some speculation backed by studies that the BCG vaccine may be effective in protecting against the coronavirus, but this is not confirmed. Do not drink aquarium cleanser, or really anything Donald J. Trump tells you to drink. Unless you're wearing a full body seal, masks are more about preventing you from spreading illness than they are about preventing you from catching the virus. Wash your hands, keep several feet of physical distance between you and other people, avoid going out as much as possible, and stockpile beans.

WHAT'S GETTING CORONA LIKE?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html

quote:

The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
  • Fever
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
  • Trouble breathing
  • Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
  • New confusion or inability to arouse
  • Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider by telephone for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/lost-smell-and-taste-hint-covid-19-can-target-the-nervous-system-67312

quote:

Laurenzi had heard anecdotally that many COVID-19 patients in Italy suffered from a loss of smell, so he started reading all the scientific papers he could find to see if his anosmia and ageusia would ever abate. One of the papers, a review published March 13, mentioned that SARS-CoV-2, like other coronaviruses such as SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, could target the central nervous system, possibly infecting neurons in the nasal passage and disrupting the senses of smell and taste.

SKULL.GIF has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Apr 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/Q4RBi0y.mp4

SKULL.GIF has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Apr 21, 2020

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
do you have resources for if we're dead

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
cum

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

why won't this dang video embed correctly :argh:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
glad to be here. I love you all, I want you all to be safe, and I can't wait to die together, posting right up to the end

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
what a great apirl fools ha ha ha jokes on everyone the plague was just made up lol!!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

this is the thread where we're seeing the cases peak

next thread is the one with the peak in deaths

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Posting on legendary thread first page!

I predict death in April.

Lots of death.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Haha ha lmao . Plague

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DEATH

mystes
May 31, 2006

Now there are two covid threads. In a few days there will be four.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://i.imgur.com/a9QBwcG.mp4

SOUND
https://i.imgur.com/msb495E.mp4

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
firts page post

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
First

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Did you know

Trump...RESIGNED

...April Fool's.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Darth plagUS

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Ground floor of death.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
my wife is starting to lose it :(

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Welcome to the longest month of your life which will be followed by the longest month of your life.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
First page, hello from hellworld to all you future historians.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol I hadn't seen the Virgin Islands / Chad one

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

gently caress yeah let's die to a completely unpreventable spread of this bitch thing I keep covering for so many news outlets gently caress I'm so loving tired gently caress this my lungs are trash

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
corona and beans

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

:eyepop:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Hell in a cell: mankind vs the undertaker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

good prank, now back to work

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

we did it. we beat the virus.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

703 posted:

my wife is starting to lose it :(

she / her family at risk or is it just anxiety? at this point all you can do it minimize contact and hope for the best, if she needs something to do to feel like she's helping there's probably a mutual aid group in your area that will need volunteers/info/money

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Welcome to the longest month of your life which will be followed by the longest month of your life.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/822504053057929218?s=19

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

doesn't matter much what the total number of cases is, or what the number of hidden cases is, this shifts by a week or two at most

the only thing that makes a real difference is the transmission factor, and to change that we would have to institute serious lockdowns

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Some internet company is going to piss everyone off tomorrow and it will be hilarious.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ground floor

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ReptilianLvl94/status/1245140964588441602

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So surely the CFR has to go down somewhat as doctors get more experience and gain better treatments right? Even in the old thread doctors were posting that they were having good results with certain therapies (IL6? I don't know what any of these mean) and while obviously they're not silver bullets there likely will be other therapies too that will together at least reduce the death rate?