Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

a vaccine is announced, but it for real causes autism

This would be pretty good...

Edit

Virus destroyed balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jokes on them it will just level up my autism into super autism

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

SKULL.GIF posted:

not gonna be a problem for the posters of somethingawful dot com

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

this would be the one vaccine proven to increase social participation in it's recipients

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/jservantez/status/1245156791953977344?s=19

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Bruteman posted:

I know the chud pushback online to Trump's handling of all this is to scream about Obama and H1N1 and 2009. I spent some time looking at CDC write-ups about that tonight along with a few other sources. That was a lovely year for me personally and all, and it might just be me getting old, but I remember jack poo poo about that situation. poo poo was definitely not shutdown and I was not worried about being in public. I remember being more concerned about the recession and recovery from the 2008 crash and nothing about a pandemic. Am I nuts? Was that just better-handled than the current crisis, or was there some other mitigating factor I'm not recalling?

it had an incredibly low mortality rate

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

SKULL.GIF posted:

If there has ever been a time my obsession with Pokemon and Nintendo games has been an evolutionarily advantageous trait its now.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

100k a day before the weekend is out?

I don't know anymore.

not possible. we only do a total tests of about 100k/day.

using https://covidtracking.com/us-daily/ which breaks down days as going 5:01pm EDT the day before to 5:00 pm EDT the day of gives the actual amount of tests done
Thurs March 26 - 16,797 positives, 97,806 tests, 17.2% positive results
Fri March 27 - 18,678 positives, 107,295 tests, 17.4% positive results
Sat March 28 - 18,821 positives, 109,071 tests, 17.3% positive results
Sun March 29 - 20,827 positives, 95,647 tests, 21.8% positive results
Mon March 30 - 21,469 positives, 113,503 tests, 18.9% positive results
Tues March 31 - 24,240 positives, 104,117 tests, 23.3% positive results

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

hooboy that nation state tweet gave me the same :popeye: reaction i had when the first news broke about 11 million people being quarantined in china

tweets like that are not an accident, dude is absolutely trying to lay the groundwork for possible balkanization

:stoked:

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

quote:

Last week, Senator Lamar Alexander stated that the Department of Education should consider allowing states to choose not to educate students with disabilities during the quarantine. Specifically, he proposed that the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) issue waivers to states that would allow them not to comply with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for one year.

However, the IDEA does not permit them the authority to waive these requirements. Therefore, some Republican leaders in Congress are trying to get language in the upcoming COVID-19 relief package that would ask the Department of Education to send a report to Congress listing waivers they would like the authority to grant.
lmao loving incredible

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bruteman posted:

I know the chud pushback online to Trump's handling of all this is to scream about Obama and H1N1 and 2009. I spent some time looking at CDC write-ups about that tonight along with a few other sources. That was a lovely year for me personally and all, and it might just be me getting old, but I remember jack poo poo about that situation. poo poo was definitely not shutdown and I was not worried about being in public. I remember being more concerned about the recession and recovery from the 2008 crash and nothing about a pandemic. Am I nuts? Was that just better-handled than the current crisis, or was there some other mitigating factor I'm not recalling?

No. Bird flu was mostly a punchline and something everyone laughed at as a media hype. I don’t remember anyone who took it seriously

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

pancake rabbit posted:

hooboy that nation state tweet gave me the same :popeye: reaction i had when the first news broke about 11 million people being quarantined in china

tweets like that are not an accident, dude is absolutely trying to lay the groundwork for possible balkanization

:stoked:

he's flexing

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fermun posted:

not possible. we only do a total tests of about 100k/day.

using https://covidtracking.com/us-daily/ which breaks down days as going 5:01pm EDT the day before to 5:00 pm EDT the day of gives the actual amount of tests done
Thurs March 26 - 16,797 positives, 97,806 tests, 17.2% positive results
Fri March 27 - 18,678 positives, 107,295 tests, 17.4% positive results
Sat March 28 - 18,821 positives, 109,071 tests, 17.3% positive results
Sun March 29 - 20,827 positives, 95,647 tests, 21.8% positive results
Mon March 30 - 21,469 positives, 113,503 tests, 18.9% positive results
Tues March 31 - 24,240 positives, 104,117 tests, 23.3% positive results

OuR cAsE cOuNt Is LeVeLiNg OfF

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LOL holy gently caress

:sickos:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the numbers didn't go up very much over night. didn't even hit 900k

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I guessed a nullification crisis like a week and a half ago

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Landlords are incredibly dumb it seems.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CODChimera posted:

the numbers didn't go up very much over night. didn't even hit 900k

we still have 9 hours to go man

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

xrunner posted:

No. Bird flu was mostly a punchline and something everyone laughed at as a media hype. I don’t remember anyone who took it seriously

H1N1 was swine flu not bird flu and was a big deal. The mortality rate was very low though, so there was no need to shut it all down because the risk of millions dying and overwhelming the medical system was low.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
as an oregonian i am required to hate californians, but if california became its own country, i would 100% choose it over the USA

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Stereotype posted:

no wonder they cant find real jobs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

anime was right posted:

as an oregonian i am required to hate californians, but if california became its own country, i would 100% choose it over the USA

I proffer to you an cooperative alliance between the Great Lakes Union and the Pacific Coast Accord

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

anime was right posted:

gently caress it west coast, lets all join canada

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Leper's Colony is kicking off

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

gently caress it west coast, lets all join canada

I would commit grievous violence if it meant I could move to Canada

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

what the gently caress

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Inceltown posted:

lol all 3 of these are mods

I wonder if it's a joke probo

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Stereotype posted:

Landlording really only requires that you have enough money to purchase a property and its business plan is extremely simple and easy to work out and its done via contract so you don't even really have to worry about competition so its the investment/business of choice for people with more money than sense.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Inceltown posted:

this is what will happen if california secedes btw

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
24,612 cases 901 dead :(

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/03/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

anime was right posted:

no wonder they cant find real jobs

This is actually a thing. Lifelong landlords will often have no work history or marketable skills. They're terrified of losing their rental income because they would be absolutely hosed without it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Landlording really only requires that you have enough money to purchase a property and its business plan is extremely simple and easy to work out and its done via contract so you don't even really have to worry about competition so its the investment/business of choice for people with more money than sense.

Only suckers become actual landlords

The real money is in REITs

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

love to read horrifying graphs in the logarithmic scale so my baby brain doesn't grapple with the nightmare

slope goes down so this is gonna be ok right guys :unsmith:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol all 3 of these are mods

I wonder if it's a joke probo

Yeah, it almost certainly is April Fools Day shenanigans but SA mods do some really stupid things sometimes.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gum posted:

This is actually a thing. Lifelong landlords will often have no work history or marketable skills. They're terrified of losing their rental income because they would be absolutely hosed without it

hahaha, lmao

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Only suckers become actual landlords

The real money is in REITs

now's a great time to buy a timeshare

also now's a great time to sell your timeshare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Gum posted:

lmao, just sell your house and live off that cash. loving losers.