Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
What's up with the 737 flying in circles around wuhan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gum posted:

This is actually a thing. Lifelong landlords will often have no work history or marketable skills. They're terrified of losing their rental income because they would be absolutely hosed without it

by "absolutely hosed" do you mean "having to work the jobs I had to work"?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown posted:

Leper's Colony is kicking off

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah really looks like a afd thing

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Inceltown posted:

Leper's Colony is kicking off

Wow that's some crazy poo poo happening today, April 1st

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What's up with the 737 flying in circles around wuhan

Spy plane

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:hellyeah:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

H1N1 was swine flu not bird flu and was a big deal. The mortality rate was very low though, so there was no need to shut it all down because the risk of millions dying and overwhelming the medical system was low.

Oh right. Mixed them up. Which I think supports my point. I’m not speaking to whether or not it was a big deal just that as far as I remember nobody took it seriously. And bird flu was the same. Idk. I was in my twenties but (correctly or incorrectly) I remember both as mostly media hype. The general public wasn’t taking them seriously.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

Only suckers become actual landlords

The real money is in REITs

correct. VNQ is down 27% buy buy buy now now and get those sweet dividend payouts from rentees.

why be the landlord when you can be the landlords landlord

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

anime was right posted:

as an oregonian i am required to hate californians, but if california became its own country, i would 100% choose it over the USA

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

SKULL.GIF posted:

by "absolutely hosed" do you mean "having to work the jobs I had to work"?

We're heading into an era of mass unemployment, so no

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:australia:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gum posted:

This is actually a thing. Lifelong landlords will often have no work history or marketable skills. They're terrified of losing their rental income because they would be absolutely hosed without it
"lifelong landlords" lol

imagine spending your entire life bloating up like an engorged distended parasite off the backs of people having to slave away to survive meanwhile you get to sip martinis on sorrento coast just enriching yourself by virtue of being born into money and housing

i will not shed a single tear and will be happy if their lungs start melting

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:33 on Apr 1, 2020

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Death toll passes 4,000 in US

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

To Wuhan Flu: Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

anime was right posted:

as an oregonian i am required to hate californians, but if california became its own country, i would 100% choose it over the USA

they always come crawling back :casmug:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Bird flu I worked in pharmacy, nobody gave a poo poo and it was all media hype. We got flooded with awareness poo poo and like emergency stocks and poo poo and had to do a bunch of trainings but as far as I know it was barely human to human transmissible if at all. It had a bad mortality rate but was hard to catch, basically

Swine flu I worked on a pediatric psych ward and we did pretty strict lockdowns and had to restrict and screen visitors but nobody was worried about people dying, mostly we were worried about a unit getting it because it's real difficult to quarantine 10 year olds with mental illnesses to their rooms for weeks

The first one nobody took seriously because barely anybody got it, the second one nobody took seriously because it wasn't extremely terrible

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Chard posted:

they always come crawling back :casmug:

hey i used to live in new jersey i aint got much skin in this game

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Xaris posted:

imagine spending your entire life bloating up like an engorged distended

not that hard to imagine

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i just taught a friend from new brunswick how to trap birds and make your own aspirin and she said “wow you really are from out west”

lesson here is everyone laughed at me for being a redneck but whose gonna be laughing when i have all the pigeon meat and toilet wine

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

also just lol if you live in new brunswick

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

cash crab posted:

i just taught a friend from new brunswick how to trap birds and make your own aspirin and she said “wow you really are from out west”

lesson here is everyone laughed at me for being a redneck but whose gonna be laughing when i have all the pigeon meat and toilet wine

How do you make your own asprin? Also tooilet wine?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Death toll passes 4,000 in US

Appreciate the congrats!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Perhaps we are the april fools??????????????

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Bruteman posted:

I know the chud pushback online to Trump's handling of all this is to scream about Obama and H1N1 and 2009. I spent some time looking at CDC write-ups about that tonight along with a few other sources. That was a lovely year for me personally and all, and it might just be me getting old, but I remember jack poo poo about that situation. poo poo was definitely not shutdown and I was not worried about being in public. I remember being more concerned about the recession and recovery from the 2008 crash and nothing about a pandemic. Am I nuts? Was that just better-handled than the current crisis, or was there some other mitigating factor I'm not recalling?

H1N1 went around PAX West that year and a bunch of my co workers got it. They were annoyingly sick for a week then just came back to work like nothing happened

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cash crab posted:

also just lol if you live in new brunswick

I went to Rutgers and truly regret that decision

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245204655874940934?s=19

Slightly less deaths per day in Italy and Spain, but rising deaths per day in France, Germany, and the USA.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7hJ4VzA0Yk

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

calexit means calexit

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I don't get why everyone is worried about the corvids, I mean they just fly around and squawk at you and collect bits of tin foil what's the big deal

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Trump is a landlord

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

blatman posted:

I don't get why everyone is worried about the corvids, I mean they just fly around and squawk at you and collect bits of tin foil what's the big deal

haha nice man. can’t believe no ones made this joke yet

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Filthy Hans posted:

I would commit grievous violence if it meant I could move to Canada

Im Canadian but live in Texas - adult adoption for Canadian Citizenship???

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

How do you make your own asprin? Also tooilet wine?

willow bark tea; active yeast and fruit left to ferment. google the details while you still can cowboy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

thinkin bout thos beams

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Sab0921 posted:

Im Canadian but live in Texas - adult adoption for Canadian Citizenship???

why the gently caress would you do this

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

stay the gently caress out of Canada.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Starks posted:

haha nice man. can’t believe no ones made this joke yet

it was the best I could do in between the existential dread and panic attacks tbh

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://i.imgur.com/JwQlDPq.gifv

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

they hunger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

anime was right posted:

Texas would immediately secede after California so they could have the first interstate nuclear exchange.