Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://twitter.com/JFreshSplat/status/1244770262073008129?s=20

Must be a reference of some kind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dang I didn't end up getting a stringfish

oh well, theres always next year lol

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Currently got the Misty Garden Wall, and Crop Circle flooring at Saharah

LK8WC if you want!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MelancholyMark posted:

LK8WC if you want!

is your island song the X-Files theme?

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I like my office.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
When I first met Klaus, I didn't think I was going to like him... but it turns out he's fun and good and my friend. I keep waiting for a villager I don't like because I see so many posts about villagers people don't like. Maybe I'm getting lucky with villagers? Or maybe people shouldn't be so rude to their new island friends :colbert:

Along with Klaus I've got Mira, Cranston, Agent S, Alice, Poncho and Bubbles. I guess if I had to pick one to go it would probably be Bubbles, but she's only mildly annoying and I probably won't kick her out unless I just want to see new villagers.

Tomorrow Marina moves in!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sanzuo posted:

I like my office.

Where do you get picture frames? Or does it automatically frame a custom design?

Edit: upon closer inspection it seems like those are the records you can buy at resident services

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is the only true way to catch them.

Also villagers can stay up past their bedtime just talked to Zucker at 1AM and he told me he's going to stay up all night or until the coffee wore off, he then went on study flowers before I called it night. :kimchi:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know about the shifty limitations for multiple profiles on a single switch but I thought I read there was an option to promote a different profile to the primary. How do you do that?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LODGE NORTH posted:

Brother, this is perfect. Do you need anything?

Not that I can think of. Just some nice thing would be fine; I ordered three apple boxes and will have them in the morning (couldn't get more in one day), can save you one.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

RCarr posted:

Where do you get picture frames? Or does it automatically frame a custom design?

Edit: upon closer inspection it seems like those are the records you can buy at resident services

Yes. Though it would be cool if that was an option for custom art as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight I collected 280,000 bells in tarantulas. :homebrew:

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Tonight I collected 280,000 bells in tarantulas. :homebrew:

When do they come out? I've been out actively hunting them at night but I've seen 1 within two days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sanzuo posted:

When do they come out? I've been out actively hunting them at night but I've seen 1 within two days.

Gotta do the randomly generated island, that's where the real bells are at. The tarantula island is pretty common.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know about the shifty limitations for multiple profiles on a single switch but I thought I read there was an option to promote a different profile to the primary. How do you do that?

This would make me very happy, I ostensibly bought this game for my kids and so of course made their characters first....I'm sure the ramifications of this were spelled out to me pretty clearly as I was doing it, but nonetheless I was unaware I'd have to play on my daughters toon to develop the island. Its not the end of the world really but I'd love to be the primary person.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

MelancholyMark posted:

LK8WC if you want!

Shoot, looks like I missed you! That’s what I get for going to bed like a normal person

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The trees are pink today!!!

https://twitter.com/boobzwithaz/status/1245232745506148352?s=21

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
opening up April South Hemisphere for 1 hour or so.

720KG

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Policenaut posted:

Yep. Here's how it works.

You play until you unlock the Campsite (mid-late tutorial), and after you recruit your first villager through it Nook unlocks the ability to use Amiibo Cards with the Campsite. Every day you can scan 1 card into the ATM which summons your villager to the Campsite, and you go talk to them and exhaust their dialogue options (ask them to move and such) then they'll give you a DIY quest. Take the recipe, craft the item, give it to them. You do this for 3 days straight, then on the 4th day the villager agrees to move.

It's a little more involved than New Leaf. I'm on Day 3 with Ankha right now and the upside is that doing Amiibo quests gives you lots of DIY recipes.

Just to clarify a bit, you can do the actual invite on day 3 and have them agree to move in. Calling them in on day 4 only gives you the move in conversation though, so no farming them forever for DYI recipes.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just got Bud, Billy, and Spike in my village. I'm not sure how much I'm liking them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I said come in! posted:

Gotta do the randomly generated island, that's where the real bells are at. The tarantula island is pretty common.

You can also create one artificially. Just get a random island with very little in the way of river squares. Then break every rock, uproot every tree and pick every flower and pull up every weed. An island can spawn only so many insects at a time so you want to remove anything that can spawn insects. Once everything is gone the only spawns left are ground spawns like tiger beetles, wharf roaches and tarantulas.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

a villager ran up to tell me they got a man hole to spice up the island for our first new resident and that i'll know a good place for it

...don't tease me about the furloughed mr resetti :negative:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
I have a Wart Jr amiibo card and you better believe he's coming to my island to be a grumpy oval office

I just need Barold to complete the Villagers Noone Likes Except Me set

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

a villager ran up to tell me they got a man hole to spice up the island for our first new resident and that i'll know a good place for it

...don't tease me about the furloughed mr resetti :negative:

Check the icon for Rescue Services and maybe give them a call :ssh:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

lezard_valeth posted:

opening up April South Hemisphere for 1 hour or so.

720KG

Alright closing up for the night.

BTW, a small petpeeve guys. If you see a Trade Post or a Swap and Share on someone's island, the idea is that you pick something and drop something for the next person that comes behind, not sack the whole thing and run for the airport. I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and assume the person didn't know, but please don't do it again.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

morallyobjected posted:

is your island song the X-Files theme?

Yeap! With the UFO flag.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Across over 40 random islands between both my wife and I, we’ve never got a rancho island.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

AzureFlame posted:

Check the icon for Rescue Services and maybe give them a call :ssh:

haha oh right duh in hindsight I knew I'd read about that but forgot

never used him before though, so did it right now for the fun of it.

fun to hear those old sounds! :tipshat:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

not rowdy enough!

I get why the vengeful resetti from the gamecube game is maybe past his time...but still.

:rip: buddy

Bulgakov fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 1, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Mordiceius posted:

Across over 40 random islands between both my wife and I, we’ve never got a rancho island.

the valley is pretty well hidden. look harder?

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a QR code for a turnip design I can put on the ground to mark my outdoor turnip pen? (Otherwise it looks weird when it’s empty.)

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Pretty happy with my little Park now that the fruit has finished growing.

Still getting the hang of taking decent photographs with the Depth of Field on the Film Filter though.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Has anyone confirmed that large money trees aren't just 50-50 probability, but 50-50 exactly? I was reading something several days ago about how it strictly alternates between truncating your money to 10k and giving you the full amount every other day, and isn't actually random.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yo I'm opening my gates. Turnips are 356 atm if anyone missed the gold rushes earlier and wants to cash out. Able Sisters are open in a half hour.

https://turnip.exchange/island/77563b16

Edit: oops

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 1, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

:stoked:

my first bamboo island

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Yo I'm opening my gates. Turnips are 356 atm if anyone missed the gold rushes earlier and wants to cash out. Able Sisters are open in a half hour.

5NFT

Dodo codes are 5 digits.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

FBS posted:

My poo poo's closed!

As the host, https://turnip.exchange/ was seamless. You can edit the features of your island (bells/turnip, native fruit, active visitors allowed) by hitting the Edit button (or, I *think*, refreshing the page and re-entering your dodo code). This *should* include chaning the number of active visitors! but I didn't get a chance to confirm that.
-If you delete your originial Dodo Code and re-open your gates, you have to wait a number of minutes for your first code to clear the site before you can re-upload.

I have no connection to that site so if poo poo's broken don't PM me or anything, but from what I saw tonight it works as advertised.
I feel like this site should probably be pinned in the OP, as it is currently the best way to manage Goonrushes™

Shoehead posted:

5NFT
please do not be cruel to my heart, turnip prices are not something one should joke about

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Argue posted:

Has anyone confirmed that large money trees aren't just 50-50 probability, but 50-50 exactly? I was reading something several days ago about how it strictly alternates between truncating your money to 10k and giving you the full amount every other day, and isn't actually random.

I'm currently experimenting with this, will have the results in 4-5 days

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
drat sorry I went to look at all my butterflies.

Instead of my Dodo code though try my Turnip exhange code

https://turnip.exchange/island/77563b16

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my first sea horse

:stoked: