Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I'm binging through Letterkenny, on season 4 at the moment.

It's loving embarrassing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I watched Unorthodox on Netflix

Very accurate portrayal of the hassadic community and the lead actress is excellent.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Tiger King. They should have sent a poet...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Paddyo posted:

Tiger King. They should have sent a poet...

Florida Show really is a delight.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Florida Show really is a delight.

I think the polygamist cult-leader sex pest really comes off as the most normal one of the bunch.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paddyo posted:

I think the polygamist cult-leader sex pest really comes off as the most normal one of the bunch.

The woman who didn't want to bother trying to keep her hand that was bitten off by a tiger because she didn't want to have a few more surgeries was probably the most normal person on the show.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I binged Tiger King last night and Carole reminded me so much of my last boss that by the end I was really hoping they'd dig up that septic tank.

My husband and I went to the GW Zoo a couple years back and it's funny how much weird poo poo they didn't even mention just because there was already so much going on, if Joe's tour narration was to be believed. Like he said the leg brace is because he's a cancer survivor and his leg's hosed up from surgery, and several people have tried to kill themselves by sneaking into the park and entering the big kitty enclosures.

Also, his country music is clearly sung by a different person (duh) and was pumped into the park from open to close. It was probably the most bizarre trip I've ever been on, especially in retrospect.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's unbelievable that it's legal to breed tigers and lions like that.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

mcmagic posted:

It's unbelievable that it's legal to breed tigers and lions like that.
:911:

I figured it was some obscure Oklahoma law that allowed it since that state's a pit and about as close to a post-apocalyptic wasteland as you can get but nope, looks like it's a-ok pretty much everywhere here.

Enemabag Jones fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 27, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

:911:

I figured it was some obscure Oklahoma law that allowed it since that state's a pit and about as close to a post-apocalyptic wasteland as you can get but nope, looks like it's a-ok pretty much everywhere here.

When I lived in Kansas, we had a joke:

What do Mars and Oklahoma have in common? Red dirt, and no signs of intelligent life

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Paddyo posted:

That man 100% does not just have mass graves for tigers but also wives past the age of 20.

Iron Crowned posted:

When I lived in Kansas, we had a joke:

What do Mars and Oklahoma have in common? Red dirt, and no signs of intelligent life

It's almost tied with Ohio, but at least Ohio has the decency to have booze available pretty much wherever you go.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Paddyo posted:

He knows what he is and he knows how to appear normal. That’s what makes him the worst.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Joe Exotic's music videos are loving gold. "Here Kitty Kitty!"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I feel like Tiger King deserves its own thread, because this poo poo is crazy

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Meatgrinder posted:

Been watching The Almighty Johnsons, a New Zealand series from a while back that starts off as a mix of a soap opera and some 13 year old's fantasy about sex and power. It is blatantly unconcerned with rampant alcoholism, sexism and racism which cannot plug the many, many plotholes (one of the main characters has the ability to literally find anything, which he uses amply throughout the 3 seasons, yet the main story revolves about them not being able to find something).

What I'm saying is that it's bad, dated, and I wish this lockdown would go away.

The "we have to find the Frigg" thing goes on way, way, way, way too long.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

It’s been a while since we binged it but if you haven’t seen Wild Wild Country and are stuck at home, it’s great.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I love watching Ozark just for all the times Julia Garner is on screen.

Season 3 is more of the same.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gravy Jones posted:

Just binged three seasons of Money Heist on Netflix. At first the tone and euroness of it all was reminding me of the the recent serious and dark euro cop shows, but it's actually nothing like that and more 24 or Prison Break (especially Prison Break). Dumb fun. A bit slow at times when they get lost in character building flashbacks, but other than that I enjoyed it. Series 1 & 2 are a single story. Series 3 is the beginning of a second story and ends on a cliffhanger with 4 due in April I think. Also one of those shows (like Prison Break) that I felt really didn't need another season once they'd done the thing in the title of the show... but I actually enjoyed S3 a lot, possibly more than the first two, because I think they upped the over-the-top camp and embraced the dumb fun aspect of it.

Disney+ launches in the UK next week, but in our house we call it Phineas and Ferb+ and we'll be getting it for a month to binge that. Might watch the Mandalorian and a couple of other things, but it's mostly just for watching all the P&F.

i don't know I couldn't watch season 2 of Money Heist. I loved season 1 but I thought it was a complete story and the 2nd heist didn't make sense. I dropped s2 few episodes in and have 0 interest in it anymore but happy to see s3 was decent.

Finished The Witcher, like pretty much everything Netflix produces, starts off strong and turns mediocre very quickly. Henry Cavill is a great surprise as Geralt, the production is top notch as well and the music is pretty good whenever there is any.
That being said I feel like they completely missed the tone of the game. I have only played like first half of Witcher 1 and none of the sequels or read any of the books. But I remember the game being a lot darker in tone, more political/ethical issues and Geralt's choice/decisions being a big factor. There is none of that or very little. I mean if the main character wasn't named Geralt and someone told me this an adaptation of Monster Hunter I would have believed them.

Also been watching Gran Hotel. There is a Spanish version and American. The Spanish version is the original and so far it is drat good TV. I thought it would be slow paced like Downtown Abbey(similar setting) but it is super fast and 40min episodes feel like 20 minute. So much is always happening. I just started the second season and will probably finish this during the break.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ulio posted:

Finished The Witcher, like pretty much everything Netflix produces, starts off strong and turns mediocre very quickly. Henry Cavill is a great surprise as Geralt, the production is top notch as well and the music is pretty good whenever there is any.
That being said I feel like they completely missed the tone of the game. I have only played like first half of Witcher 1 and none of the sequels or read any of the books. But I remember the game being a lot darker in tone, more political/ethical issues and Geralt's choice/decisions being a big factor. There is none of that or very little. I mean if the main character wasn't named Geralt and someone told me this an adaptation of Monster Hunter I would have believed them.

it's based on the novels not the games

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Going through The Good Place. I am very pleasantly surprised how much I like it. I had heard very little about it up until now. I'm in the beginning of the 3rd season.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

mcmagic posted:

I love watching Ozark just for all the times Julia Garner is on screen.

Season 3 is more of the same.

That's downplaying how good this season was imo. Really, really good stuff comes out in this one, I think it's the best one yet and I can't wait for S4

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just rewatched The Umbrella Academy. I enjoyed it just as much the second time around and I can't wait until season 2. I assume we might be waiting a while though. I haven't been keeping up on where they're at with production, but I'm guessing we won't hear any news until we're done with this pandemic stuff.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Going through The Good Place. I am very pleasantly surprised how much I like it. I had heard very little about it up until now. I'm in the beginning of the 3rd season.

The Good Place is absolutely wonderful.

I’m going to pick up Ozark s3 now, I’ve enjoyed the others and this one is getting great reviews.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
I've been going through The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I'd watched S1 back when it came out and then forgotten about the show, popped up again in netflix recommendations so I've been going through S2 and S3. Enjoyed Season 2, especially the back half once the plot got going but so far I've been pretty lukewarm on Season 3. They seem to have lost something between seasons, and the issue of every problem coming from people not being able to just talk to each other is worse than it's ever been in the show. The musical numbers aren't helping things much either.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tumble posted:

That's downplaying how good this season was imo. Really, really good stuff comes out in this one, I think it's the best one yet and I can't wait for S4

You are right. I did undersell how good season 3 is. It's the best season so far and I hope Julia Garner wins something.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

fralbjabar posted:

...and the issue of every problem coming from people not being able to just talk to each other is worse than it's ever been in the show.

Watch Ozark if you haven't already. They nuke this problem from orbit and it's so refreshing.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Ozark is pretty good, but something about it is just so dark/depressing that it makes it hard for me to watch more than 1 or 2 episodes at a time. And I've never really had this issue with any other show before, which is weird.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Ozark is pretty good, but something about it is just so dark/depressing that it makes it hard for me to watch more than 1 or 2 episodes at a time. And I've never really had this issue with any other show before, which is weird.

I find it darkly hilarious. Anytime Ruth starts shouting at someone for being a tremendous fuckup, or this seasons early episodes running gag with the drone, for example, had me creased up. Some great actor delivery moments, especially Marty when he just realised some situation has gone pear-shaped for reasons he couldn't possibly have predicted due to either a personal weakness of not perceiving something in another character, or just plain not having the information beforehand that would have enabled him to, always make me laugh.

It's that mixture of :stonk: and :ughh: at the same time that he's really good at portraying.

I get what you mean though. I felt the same way watching the first seasons of both Leftovers and Handmaids Tale. Both really good shows well worth watching but man, I could only put up with an episode or two at a time before my brain was like "Nope. Do something else now."

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Watched the John Luck Pickerd Show. From the trailers and the first episodes I had hoped for something more coherent and engaging. Both the crew and the quest felt a bit hollow to me and the ending, specifically, blatantly did not deliver on the premise. Liked the music and the CGI though.

I wanted to start on Inside No 9, but figured I better watch Psychoville first. As with League of Gentlemen, very impressive how just two people can come up with such a range of strange characters and bizarre circumstances. Very entertaining to watch. Though I'm afraid I have started to see the Silent Singer now...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had to take a break from binging through dramas I've meant to catch up on because I just straight up can't anymore so I started fuckin just binging through Guy's Grocery Games.

It's actually pretty fun, if you've got Hulu and need just dumb poo poo to watch they go full on weirdo gameshow with it and that's pretty fun. Between this and the new season of Nailed It coming up I'm just gonna ride this poo poo out watching dumb cooking contests now.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just finished up the first 4 season of NewsRadio. I don't bother with the 5th since it is so sad and just not the same after Phil :rip:. That show really was so good

Starting up The Pretender for the Xth time. Will always be the show I wish could have a proper final ending (The 4400 would be the other).

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Went through Tiger King in a day. That was some crazy poo poo.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Tonight I asked one of my favorite questions: "do you know who Nathan Fielder is?"

No?

Watch Nathan For You. I put that on. We blasted through the first season and half of the second one in a night. It's too good to be ignored.

Definitely not for everyone but if it gets you laughing, there's just so much... so much

(This is my third+ watch through and it still gets me)

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Rat posted:

Tonight I asked one of my favorite questions: "do you know who Nathan Fielder is?"

No?

Watch Nathan For You. I put that on. We blasted through the first season and half of the second one in a night. It's too good to be ignored.

Definitely not for everyone but if it gets you laughing, there's just so much... so much

(This is my third+ watch through and it still gets me)

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Thanks for whoever recommended zerozerozero. It was a slow burn, but overall a pretty good watch. Not too sold on the soundtrack, even though it's Mogwai.

This led me to start watching Gomorrah, and goddamn, that show really gives you The Wire vibes. I might not binge watch the rest of the seasons right now though, given it's a little depressing with the current poo poo going on and whatnot (even though it's unrelated).

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bloom posted:

Went through Tiger King in a day. That was some crazy poo poo.

It's the real-life version of the :stare: smiley.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I just finished up Fargo season 1. That was some good stuff. Trying to decide now if I want to go straight into the second season, or watch something else.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

cryptoclastic posted:

I just finished up Fargo season 1. That was some good stuff. Trying to decide now if I want to go straight into the second season, or watch something else.

Season 2 was pretty good too.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

I finished watching Freud on Netflix which I was expecting to be poo poo but it was actually pretty good, like a period drama someone dipped in Hannibal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the new season of Sunderland Til I Die dropped yesterday. if you liked the first season you'll love this second one.