Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I miss kizuna rushes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JackDarko posted:

I really miss the PW3 characters that didn't make the cut. I want to poison the poo poo out of people. I read a review that made a pretty good point about how each PW game up until 3 obsoleted the previous game. PW4 breaks that cycle since it gives you plenty of reasons to go back to 3. That doesn't mean it's a bad game just that they offer different things.

Yeah, it's a shame, I understand the need to prune things, especially since they had to redo everything so it looks nicer, but you can really feel it in map and character variety. I'm hoping that they get back on a regular schedule of releasing these games, both so we can have one after Wano ends with a bunch of characters from that, and also so they can fill in more of the older arcs.

Like, the reason PW3 had so much poo poo was that it was the third in the series in a very short period of time, relatively speaking. PW2 came out just a year after 1, and 3 was two years after that.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

UnderFreddy posted:

Technique characters are often very weird to use. Require a lot of setup. Maybe they're more fun when you have all their moves. Tried Bartolomeo and he was quite meh
Pre-timeskip Usopp is really loving fun... I like having access to C4 in a musou game

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

PW4 has been good so far, I really wish they'd stop tying map ranking to number of randos you kill because I don't like standing around just waiting for packs of nobodies to spawn and kill to get some arbitrary number. I wasn't sure on the building destruction until I did the Paramount War as Whitebeard and every swing was destroying like half a town that was fantastic.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

socialsecurity posted:

PW4 has been good so far, I really wish they'd stop tying map ranking to number of randos you kill because I don't like standing around just waiting for packs of nobodies to spawn and kill to get some arbitrary number. I wasn't sure on the building destruction until I did the Paramount War as Whitebeard and every swing was destroying like half a town that was fantastic.

It's good, however I wish they would have covered the entire history in dramatic mode.

Also, look at this easter egg, it's the book that Robin is reading while you are on the main menu screen:

Robin really loves Chopper :allears:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
robins quirk of loving cute animals a ton is, itself, really cute

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol Katakuri's quote whenever you beat Sanji with him is that he'd never let a man like him marry his sister.

Katakuri is so loving fun. I hate that he doesn't seem to have Buzzcut Mochi, though.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tbp posted:

robins quirk of loving cute animals a ton is, itself, really cute

I’ve probably said it before but I also really appreciate the low-key gag of Robin stoically listening to conversations and sometimes just imagining poo poo like an old lady in a dress when someone mentions Dressrosa because it sounds like someone saying “dress old lady in Japanese”

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Last Celebration posted:

I’ve probably said it before but I also really appreciate the low-key gag of Robin stoically listening to conversations and sometimes just imagining poo poo like an old lady in a dress when someone mentions Dressrosa because it sounds like someone saying “dress old lady in Japanese”

Everyones a goofball in OP.
Everyone
No Exceptions.

Though I do love her slightly weird sense of what's cute.
And that she's lightening up on her no goofing off stance. Pirate Docking 7 - Perfect Emperor is now a possibility.

Countdown to Imu's weird habits

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 31, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like Pirate Docking is still too embarrassing for her.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

during the fight with the blackbeard pirates katalina devon will transform into robin and the way they'll figure out she's a fake is that she's willing to do pirate docking 6

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

favorite robin moment is her telling franky that she never wants to hear him talk or make that face while in chopper's body. ever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh Snapple! posted:

favorite robin moment is her telling franky that she never wants to hear him talk or make that face while in chopper's body. ever.

it's so good

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if we're talking good robin moments i love whenever she's the mom who doesn't get why her kid is excited about something but she's happy that they're having a good time nonetheless (luffy's afro in the foxy fight, luffy and chopper getting hyped over wearing kabuto armor right before the oden flashback)

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So what is oars? Is Kaido the same species as oars?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Philosopher King posted:

If not then probably closely related, the Numbers too.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

no, kaido is a dragon

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.
I really hope that theory is correct. It would fit his themes extremely well and be a nice comparison figure with someone like Chopper.

Illegal Operation
Jul 23, 2005
Error
If Kaido was naturally a dragon, I think he would have antlers in his humanoid form instead of having horns in his dragon form.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The horns might be an aspect of the fruit, like how Sengoku turns gold and has buddha hair.

Edit: slighty misunderstood the post, but devil fruits can also suppress elements; Sengoku loses his beard.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 31, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Maybe the "human" form we keep seeing Kaidou in is just his in-between form.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i really dont think hes actually a dragon cuz when he's "knocked out" he goes back to being a human

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

tbp posted:

i really dont think hes actually a dragon cuz when he's "knocked out" he goes back to being a human

When's the last time you saw Chopper in his most basic four-legged reindeer form?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Tir McDohl posted:

When's the last time you saw Chopper in his most basic four-legged reindeer form?

Let's see you try and sell merchandise of that thing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Playing as Kaido is hilarious and he isn't even a dragon yet.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Correction to an earlier post, Katakuri does get Buzzcut Mochi and it loving owns even if it be a little tricky at times.

Katakuri is seriously so good in this game. His Burst Mode is insane and his heal, when you've got it skilled up, is fantastic.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I played a level with barto. I'm hoping unlocking his poo poo makes him more fun to play

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

It sucks that you don't know which coins you need to unlock moves. Just gotta continue grinding the Treasure Log until you get lucky and you get the right coin. You can make educated guesses but it doesn't always make total sense

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Philosopher King posted:

I played a level with barto. I'm hoping unlocking his poo poo makes him more fun to play

I haven't really enjoyed playing any Technique characters unfortunately.

Speaking of games though, the mobile game touted an event to fight 'The most powerful member of the Straw Hats' on April 1st and it started today.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ryaomon posted:

I haven't really enjoyed playing any Technique characters unfortunately.

Speaking of games though, the mobile game touted an event to fight 'The most powerful member of the Straw Hats' on April 1st and it started today.

Is that a filler guy, because I have never seen them in my entire life

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I got 3 in a steam sale and didn't really like it but I've come to understand it was some poo poo copy? All the people playing it make me want to try especially being cooped up in the house but idk if I'll still dislike it

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Guy A. Person posted:

he's from the g-8 arc

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That is amazing!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jose posted:

I got 3 in a steam sale and didn't really like it but I've come to understand it was some poo poo copy? All the people playing it make me want to try especially being cooped up in the house but idk if I'll still dislike it

the pc port of 3 was fine from what i remember

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah.

Jose posted:

The PC port is technically fine but 3's main problem was it was a mulitgen game. So it was developed as a PS3 game and as such the PC/PS4 versions are basically just higher framerate versions of that so don't go expecting enormous crowds of enemies.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jose posted:

3 was a good port, the only problem was that it lacked button prompts for any controller, so you had to look up what the different icons meant in the settings menu, or just use trial and error. Kind of annoying, but not a dealbreaker.

Musou games are definitely an acquired taste, though, don't feel bad for not liking them. It takes a high tolerance for obtuse mechanics and repetitive gameplay to really get into them. I find them great to play while listening to podcasts, not really a "focus of your whole attention" kind of game.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Jose posted:

What was it you didn't like about 3? The musou games are fun, but they are all kind of the same basic game. They vary in terms of the metagame stuff available, but the core gameplay is pretty much the same across the series - if you aren't into that, you probably wont' be into PW4.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I haven't found a way to enjoy technique characters, the prompt states pressing the square button after the triangle button has a special effect. Is that universal for all technique characters? Barto's naked triangle appears to just be a block button, pressing the square button after the triangle doesn't do anything.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

JackDarko posted:

I haven't found a way to enjoy technique characters, the prompt states pressing the square button after the triangle button has a special effect. Is that universal for all technique characters? Barto's naked triangle appears to just be a block button, pressing the square button after the triangle doesn't do anything.

Doing any square->triangle combo allows you to press square after it ends, where all technique characters will do a move that moves enemy closer to you. For Barto he makes a barrier that closes in around him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I hear the techinque characters get better once you have all their skills