Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

how am i going to know how many pages of insanity i missed without the last post feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Lobe posted:

You say that like dumb people have never done revolutions before.

And how do those revolutions turn out?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mobby_6kl posted:

I'd say Vietnam and Cuba are better off than they were as vassal states, and the USSR was nicer than what came before or after, and that while the whole of the western world has conspired to make Haiti a hellhole for throwing off the shackles of slavery, the average Haitian takes pride in Toussaint Louverture and the revolution for giving them national dignity

Most of the people in those revolutions were not even literate

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

a helpful bear posted:

:rip: dave matthews :(

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drinkfist posted:

Unemployed Safe Cracker Update:

So my boss found a way to pick up my work vehicle a week after I was fired. My phone is also being recalled and he told me late last night that my final paycheck is going to be late because of internet issues. I don't believe him. All nineteen safe crackers are out of a job and will not be getting a last stand paycheck to cover rent. Most of us only had the work vehicle and phone for personal use as well as work so we are falling right though every safety net we could have had. We lost contact with a few of us we were trying to talk out of doing dumb poo poo involving safes. One of us tried to call two suicide hotlines and got a busy signal and gave up. I have been in Iraq on some very lovely days and never lacked the gallows humor to keep everyone going but this poo poo is so loving dark I lack the humor to even say how hosed we all are.

I managed to file for Unemployment in MD but because I moved here from Wisconsin last July they didn't have my previous salary in three of four quarters and sent me a letter saying I am entitled to ZERO dollars in unemployment. I can't even get past the busy signal to get though to the UI office to explain and hope they manage to contact Wisconsin in this madness in some kind of reasonable time. I filed my taxes last week and added a direct deposit for my refund but all this money and help I feel will arrive long after I end up on the street with all my safe cracking tools and really hoping future me doesn't decide to do something dumber than how this poo poo country handles this.

So at this point I can't do fuckall and job hunting during this is right on the line of impossible and dangerous. Ill be here in my apartment burning though my food stock waiting for either this to end and I can get a job or the police knocking on my door to walk my rear end out to the street. My Google Fi phone came in yesterday so I can still talk to some people before I fail to pay that bill. I highly doubt my story is exclusive to anyone for this month but I have the terrible twist of being a safe cracker veteran so the mental aspect has the true meaning of comedy to it.

But I saw a happy picture of a dog today and Jitters moves into my Animal Crossing town so it's not all bad.

Anyone know of a federal job in DC I should try applying for with US Army Infantryman, Alarm Tech, Safe Cracking and Repair, One eye and no car on a resume I have yet to even try to type up.

i have a couple old iphones sitting around, let me know if anyone in your crew could use them

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Woofer posted:

imagine saying “unemployment insurance” like it’s not the dumbest loving microcosm of capitalism

in florida it was changed to re-employment under rick scott! cause we’re getting to work!

it’s also one of the shittiest in the nation with a ton of restrictions and a $275/wk cap.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Xepherra posted:

whatup nite crew it’s ya girl. I’m here to be drunk and :justpost: because I’m an EMT and probably gonna get sick maybe gonna die.

One of my coworkers died of COVID19 complications yesterday, age 33. We have another EMT on a ventilator, he’s 25 years old.

Now that I’ve got the vodka in me all I wanna do is make noise so here we are. I’ve been off for a few days but going back to work tomorrow night and EVERYTHING IS FINE :tif:

My special request post mortem is for people to blow some poo poo up and build a guillotine tia.

you’re the Bernie button guy, right? can I PM you about making a custom button?

loving hell, stay safe.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

working hard, thank you

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

dex_sda posted:

working hard, thank you

:hmbol:

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

You say that like dumb people have never done revolutions before.

Revolution? Revolutions are hard as gently caress. The US doesn’t even need a revolution it literally just needs like 1 in 10 fewer people consistently voting to gently caress themselves over and over. It can’t even do that and you think a revolution of any sort is in the works?

Like a revolution of any kind besides just not voting like complete morons would be a disaster, and I don’t even mean a literal violent revolution.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

wadup day crew

Drinkfist posted:

Unemployed Safe Cracker Update:

So my boss found a way to pick up my work vehicle a week after I was fired. My phone is also being recalled and he told me late last night that my final paycheck is going to be late because of internet issues. I don't believe him. All nineteen safe crackers are out of a job and will not be getting a last stand paycheck to cover rent. Most of us only had the work vehicle and phone for personal use as well as work so we are falling right though every safety net we could have had. We lost contact with a few of us we were trying to talk out of doing dumb poo poo involving safes. One of us tried to call two suicide hotlines and got a busy signal and gave up. I have been in Iraq on some very lovely days and never lacked the gallows humor to keep everyone going but this poo poo is so loving dark I lack the humor to even say how hosed we all are.

I managed to file for Unemployment in MD but because I moved here from Wisconsin last July they didn't have my previous salary in three of four quarters and sent me a letter saying I am entitled to ZERO dollars in unemployment. I can't even get past the busy signal to get though to the UI office to explain and hope they manage to contact Wisconsin in this madness in some kind of reasonable time. I filed my taxes last week and added a direct deposit for my refund but all this money and help I feel will arrive long after I end up on the street with all my safe cracking tools and really hoping future me doesn't decide to do something dumber than how this poo poo country handles this.

So at this point I can't do fuckall and job hunting during this is right on the line of impossible and dangerous. Ill be here in my apartment burning though my food stock waiting for either this to end and I can get a job or the police knocking on my door to walk my rear end out to the street. My Google Fi phone came in yesterday so I can still talk to some people before I fail to pay that bill. I highly doubt my story is exclusive to anyone for this month but I have the terrible twist of being a safe cracker veteran so the mental aspect has the true meaning of comedy to it.

But I saw a happy picture of a dog today and Jitters moves into my Animal Crossing town so it's not all bad.

Anyone know of a federal job in DC I should try applying for with US Army Infantryman, Alarm Tech, Safe Cracking and Repair, One eye and no car on a resume I have yet to even try to type up.

check the goon fund if you need some help https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/medichulston/status/1245014938415968257

fuckin' grim

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1245291519352819717

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

LimburgLimbo posted:

Revolution? Revolutions are hard as gently caress. The US doesn’t even need a revolution it literally just needs like 1 in 10 fewer people consistently voting to gently caress themselves over and over. It can’t even do that and you think a revolution of any sort is in the works?

Like a revolution of any kind besides just not voting like complete morons would be a disaster, and I don’t even mean a literal violent revolution.

what the hell is this succ doing in CSPAM

Never be deceived that rich people will allow you to vote away their money. If you think that the system is fair and that the problem is that people are to blame for not engaging with it, I have to wonder where your attention has been this entire primary season

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

dex_sda posted:

working hard, thank you

Holy gently caress, he is absolutely going to do this if the numbers are under 240k in the US

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

spaceblancmange posted:

Holy gently caress, he is absolutely going to do this if the numbers are under 240k in the US

Good news: he isn’t going to do that.

Bad news: the real death toll will demolish 240 k.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

dex_sda posted:

working hard, thank you
He's gonna frame this just like the electoral college map.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Extremely good OP, OP. I love the smell of a shiny new thread, mostly because I love being able to smell anything at the moment

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I can't wait for the Easter church memorial services led by our Eternal President Donald Trump

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1245189147758821376

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mods plz wordfilter “coronavirus” to something funny

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

What if we all just say "no" when the roni tries to infect us?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Platystemon posted:

2.2 million will be his par target then

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Platystemon posted:

hell news: the official death toll will be 239,999, and the actual death toll will be in the millions

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1245325790994202624

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

i mean do the cops even get ppe

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

i mean do the cops even get ppe

who the gently caress cares?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

upgunned shitpost posted:

who the gently caress cares?

Lol they all already have it

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhPzHhnFl0

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245284292286169088?s=19

Deaths in Spain have crossed 9,000.

Edit: wrong tweet

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Brave New World

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/MattZeitlin/status/1245197853762387968

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

goth smoking cloves posted:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

it won’t care and then will be eligible to be president

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

was literally the next thing i was gonna post, hah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mobby_6kl posted:

Cuba and Vietnam have had some of the best responses to COVID-19, and Cuba specifically has some of the best healthcare available

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

According to the guy forcing my workplace to break shelter in place laws to come in to work "Only people who are weak and want to be infected become infected."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

(music)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N8kJT6Tb64