Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Fuuuuuuuck. I literally just promised myself "No More Kickstarters. Period."

But I still kick myself for not getting in on Gloomhaven.

:smithicide:

Welp, backed for $1 to kick that can down the road, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Doctor Zero posted:

Fuuuuuuuck. I literally just promised myself "No More Kickstarters. Period."

But I still kick myself for not getting in on Gloomhaven.

:smithicide:

Welp, backed for $1 to kick that can down the road, at least.

It'll be cheaper than retail but not a ton, especially once you account for shipping. You'd probably be fine skipping this, since there are no exclusives as far as I know.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
IMO, the single best way to get the game set up for Gloomhaven is "Use Gloomhaven Helper."

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

Regarding Gloomhaven storage: The meeplerealty.com insert is pretty great. Its kinda on the minimalist side, but honestly, that works for Gloomhaven. I also have their inserts for Anachrony and Orleans and love them too. They tend to be a bit on the pricey side, but they also just work.

dwarf74 posted:

IMO, the single best way to get the game set up for Gloomhaven is "Use Gloomhaven Helper."

So much this. I knew about Gloomhaven helper when I got my copy, but we decided to play the first session without it just to get a feel for how the game was "supposed" to be played. We've used the app for every session since and my god is it a lifesaver.

lord_daeloth fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 31, 2020

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

Edit: The single biggest storage upgrade you can do for it is to buy an accordion folder for the map tiles.

Really, this is exactly why the Broken Token organizer can't possibly be the best solution, and the reason I didn't go for that level.

The second-best storage upgrade is a clear plastic pencil case (the bag kind) for all the stuff for a given character.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

dwarf74 posted:

He's at least charging more reasonable shipping this time around!

I am digging the big pack with solo scenarios, removable stickers, and the narration app.

That's what I'm getting too. The solo scenario stuff was a pain to get hard copies of last time and I'd get the removeable stickers anyway.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
3.5 million for Frosthaven in less than 24 hours. Impressive!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

3.5 million for Frosthaven in less than 24 hours. Impressive!
poo poo, less than 6 hours.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

So how many of you who never finished Gloomhaven are planning on pledging for Frosthaven? I think I'm going to resist and get Jaws of the Lion instead as the more accessible option to try and ease friends into it when the world stops being insane and hope I'll play the OG version more later, but I'm still tempted just because of 'someday I'll find the perfect situation to play it, really!' fantasies. I guess there's no reason not to just pick it up in retail at that point though, since there will presumably be another way to get the class scenarios in the future if necessary.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 31, 2020

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Wait. Are we supposed to... play... games we kickstart??? :aaa:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm going to retire off of my unopened Kickstarters, just you wait.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm going to retire off of my unopened Kickstarters, just you wait.

in the postvirus hellscape, complete entertainment items will be worth their weight in cow guts

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
We're most of the way through Gloomhaven, so a year out sounds about right to me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I went ahead and backed even though we're only a few missions into Gloomhaven since 1) it's a year+ out, and 2) I don't want to deal with bad availability/price gouging when it comes time for Frosthaven

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

We're most of the way through Gloomhaven, so a year out sounds about right to me.

Yeah we're almost done with Gloomhaven (and haven't touched Forgotten Circles or the community campaigns) so the timeline for Frosthaven works well for us.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dawgstar posted:

They've been nothing but solid overall with the TORG Eternity stuff.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone shared this yet? I looked at it and said, 'Yes, that's what I need. A precision-machined rolling device that I have to risk changing the result of or asking someone across the table to read for me'.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mythroll/rpg-dice-spinner

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bieeanshee posted:

Has anyone shared this yet? I looked at it and said, 'Yes, that's what I need. A precision-machined rolling device that I have to risk changing the result of or asking someone across the table to read for me'.

everything's an "Armory" these days

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Bieeanshee posted:

Hah, one of the 'benefits' is 'no cocked dice' but ... I mean, on the d20 one, how the hell do you figure out exactly which segment is pointed-to by the giant-rear end red ball bearing? Seems like that's maybe a bigger issue, you know?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Goddamn I really want to get Frosthaven but it's friggin 500 NZD shipped for the full version + BT organizer.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Yeah I'm gonna wait for retail

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Speaking of fancy dice, whatever happened to those Dispel Dice? Did they actually start shipping out yet?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Legions of Steel is inexplicably getting a reprint, so if you missed out on getting a Succubot or MkIII Combat Fiend in the 90s, now's your chance.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stephaniemcalea/the-wild-hunt-for-call-of-cthulhu
Still delayed, now enters its 15th month. Mostly it seems their editor is either the saddest human
alive with all the problems s*he has, or it´ll take 2 more years...
To note, the book was kickstarted in January 2018.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Still not Far West.

August 25th 2011...and still counting.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 1, 2020

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Bieeanshee posted:

I had to double-check this wasn't an April Fool's joke. As the narrator of the video is literally saying "but they also solve real world problems" they are showing 10 different dice being thrown. Ok, so to achieve the same thing with this fancy device I would need 10 of them @ ~$50 each?

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Still not Far West.

August 25th 2011...and still counting.

Is that officially dead now? Or is he still saying it'll be out?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sandy Petersen has launched the traditional April Fools project. This year it's The Can in Yellow, the official energy drink of the Yellow Sign. It only ships to the US, but all backers can acquire the giant Hastur Rising figure for use with Hyperspace, Cthulhu Wars and Planet Apocalypse.

(Hastur is of course the real main attraction, but US backers can pledge to get the Can for an extra $1.)

Jedit fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 1, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The longest ones I’m waiting for still are from Feb 2018 (Seize the Bean) and July 2018 (Tang Garden).

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I got refunded for Mekton Zero, so my longest wait is Rosemont Bay.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Cartel. Slow even by magpie games standards.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Magpie's also one of the companies using multiple accounts to run Kickstarters. Sigh.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Does Deck of Legends still count? :)

Otherwise, my longest wait is Project: Dark which is only a little less delayed than Far West, in the scheme of things.

MachineIV
Feb 28, 2017

So a couple of my friends are doing this neat geeky LGBTQIA pin series. Really great stuff for conventions, once we're able to hold them again. The Kickstarter was going great until Covid-19 hit, then it dropped off into nothingness, and they've only got a few days left. It sucks, they were at 50% on day one, which is usually a sure sign, but they just launched at the most inauspicious time. So check it? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/basiliskonline/criticallypins/posts/2801122

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Well joke's on me predicting :rip: because this is ending soon and was actually successful!

The Eyes Have It posted:

I predict doom because it's a Games campaign that doesn't have stretch goals and tons of minis :smaug:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

The longest ones I’m waiting for still are from Feb 2018 (Seize the Bean) and July 2018 (Tang Garden).

Tang Garden arrived for me a few weeks ago so maybe you'll be in luck soon.

It was by far my most delayed one too, at least relative to the predicted arrival date.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

The Eyes Have It posted:

Well joke's on me predicting :rip: because this is ending soon and was actually successful!

I almost went in on this one, but unfortunately I'm out of work, poor to start with, and haven't GMed anything in over twenty years. Still love the idea, though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dwarf74 posted:

Does Deck of Legends still count? :)

Otherwise, my longest wait is Project: Dark which is only a little less delayed than Far West, in the scheme of things.

My longest wait, other than a movie that they announced was DoA 3-4 years ago, is Broken World. A goon run game about 5 years over due and the last update was over 2 years ago.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

InternetJunky posted:

I had to double-check this wasn't an April Fool's joke. As the narrator of the video is literally saying "but they also solve real world problems" they are showing 10 different dice being thrown. Ok, so to achieve the same thing with this fancy device I would need 10 of them @ ~$50 each?

At least you get a good workout lugging your 10 pound dice bag everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Look at all you scrubs who didn't back Far West. :smug: