Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

VRViperII posted:

Americans realizing that they’re going to die under the GOP ITT

You guys are hosed. You can’t make a difference. Too many of your citizens are irredeemable moronic assholes and they revel in it. Bail.

Most places are closing their borders and citizenship takes a while depending on circumstances (or wealth).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Whatever you can do to get Trump to make that GOP convention happen and let Corona rip through it will be in service to your country. Godspeed, goons.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

Goddamn boomers, if this thing only killed children, they wouldn't give a gently caress

Got that right. Let's all do a quick little exercise and imagine how loving intolerably smug these motherfuckers would be if it was all their grandchildren at risk of death instead of them.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

VRViperII posted:

Americans realizing that they’re going to die under the GOP ITT

You guys are hosed. You can’t make a difference. Too many of your citizens are irredeemable moronic assholes and they revel in it. Bail.

everywhere else sucks too

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

Whatever you can do to get Trump to make that GOP convention happen and let Corona rip through it will be in service to your country. Godspeed, goons.

tell them not to lol

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

VRViperII posted:

the only people for whom it is financially feasible to bail are people that are already fine as-is in this country. for anybody else, just bailing is not a realistic option (for a variety of complex reasons)

oh my god i can only hope and pray that the RNC continues uninterrupted. that would be such a windfall

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i found this thread, in parody tweet form:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1245340450975821824

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

if ever there was someone to wear a gold-plated diaper

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the only people for whom it is financially feasible to bail are people that are already fine as-is in this country. for anybody else, just bailing is not a realistic option (for a variety of complex reasons)

oh my god i can only hope and pray that the RNC continues uninterrupted. that would be such a windfall

middle class bailing and loving over the poor is on brand tho

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

CharlestheHammer posted:

middle class bailing and loving over the poor is on brand tho

that's the best part about our current situation, even the "middle class" doesn't have the economic autonomy to actually pull a move like that. bailing on the entire situation is really only the providence of the completely destitute or the extremely wealthy

although i guess you could consider the white flight patterns of residential migration to be an analogous situation. so the middle class can move to a different part of town, but they can't realistically leave the country

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Well, unless you use measurable values, then you will find that every single first world country is objectively better than USA.

To others who replied to my half serious post: you put in a good show of heart and effort for bernie. but the degree to which the American centrist flocked to Biden is disappointing to be kind.

Biden is a poo poo show. You are getting 4 more years of Trump. 7-2 supreme court. You’re going to be bashing your head against a wall battling this for the next 30 years, and unless politics is your career, why? Out of some sort of nationalistic pride? In the loving USA?

I understand there is difficulty in emigrating. But I know so many new Canadians, none of which are refugees, none of which come from wealthy backgrounds, that it must be feasible.

TLDR: Come to Canada, eh?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
you can’t run from your problems. They will come for you eventually

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Freaking Crumbum posted:

Oh yeah that variety of complex reasons that keeps Americans from immigrating somewhere else while people from everywhere else do it all the time.

These complex reasons being what exactly? Financially being a reason is pretty lol coming from a country where you can bankrupt yourself from breaking an arm or having a heart attack.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

VitalSigns posted:

Screw it, let's leave the planet. Up in space, instead of things sucking the same old way, we can make things suck in exciting NEW ways!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Screw it, let's leave the planet. Up in space, instead of things sucking the same old way, we can make things suck in exciting NEW ways!

The Red Planet

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

VRViperII posted:

Well, unless you use measurable values, then you will find that every single first world country is objectively better than USA.

To others who replied to my half serious post: you put in a good show of heart and effort for bernie. but the degree to which the American centrist flocked to Biden is disappointing to be kind.

Biden is a poo poo show. You are getting 4 more years of Trump. 7-2 supreme court. You’re going to be bashing your head against a wall battling this for the next 30 years, and unless politics is your career, why? Out of some sort of nationalistic pride? In the loving USA?

I understand there is difficulty in emigrating. But I know so many new Canadians, none of which are refugees, none of which come from wealthy backgrounds, that it must be feasible.

nah.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
I’m living outside the US now. My husband is an EU citizen, I already had a solid job contract, and it was still a massive pain in the rear end to move here. If I don’t pass my third language certification by next year I’ll lose my work permit. It’s all easier said than done. No country is like YES, GIVE US MORE AMERICANS!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Well, there's Israel...

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Most countries do not want Americans because we all have brain poisoning.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Byzantine posted:

The Red Planet

:hmmyes:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

jaylynne posted:

I’m living outside the US now. My husband is an EU citizen, I already had a solid job contract, and it was still a massive pain in the rear end to move here. If I don’t pass my third language certification by next year I’ll lose my work permit. It’s all easier said than done. No country is like YES, GIVE US MORE AMERICANS!

Americans are quite well liked round the world and propably have an easier time moving somewhere else than 90 percent of the world, complaining about having to learn a new language is very on point however.

I know it's though friend, immigration is a hard and long progress that takes a lot of energy. What language are you learning?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Trying to make a list of 80s business guy Power Moves that our big wet idiot president loves to use. Here's what I have:

- Calls a meeting on short notice; show up late
- Starts meeting with a surprise (often ill-considered) snap decision
- Bright red power tie, extra long (for that big dick energy)
- Yank-your-arm-out-of-its-socket handshake
- Everyone gets a belittling nickname (e: or gets their name intentionally mispronounced)

Which ones am I misssing?

FMguru has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Apr 1, 2020

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

better dead than canadian

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

VRViperII posted:

lol sure, just come to canada, that seems extremely feasible since canada just lets pretty much anyone come on over and live there, no questions asked

maybe i'll go there on my gold plated zeppelin towed by cupids and apply for a job as the ceo of hugs

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

- interrupts people when he doesn't like their opinion
- Sits like a pouty child when he has to listen to others without interrupting them
- leaves meetings like little bitch when he gets pressed on anything at all

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FMguru posted:

Trying to make a list of 80s business guy Power Moves that our big wet idiot president loves to use. Here's what I have:

- Starts meeting with a surprise (often ill-considered) decision
- Everyone gets a belittling nickname

- shits pants

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

VRViperII posted:

Bad news for you about Canada, champ.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FMguru posted:

- Everyone gets a belittling nickname (e: or gets their name intentionally mispronounced)

- Randomly fires people for disagreeing with or upstaging him

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional

Son of Rodney posted:

Americans are quite well liked round the world and propably have an easier time moving somewhere else than 90 percent of the world, complaining about having to learn a new language is very on point however.

I know it's though friend, immigration is a hard and long progress that takes a lot of energy. What language are you learning?

True, I may have been exaggerating a tad! But it really is quite the process. I'm attempting to learn German, and I am an old, so pls send help my brain is dying .

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

jaylynne posted:

True, I may have been exaggerating a tad! But it really is quite the process. I'm attempting to learn German, and I am an old, so pls send help my brain is dying .

Aw dude I was so close to saying I hope you don't have to learn German. As a German with a Chilean girlfriend who is trying to learn our garbage language I can relate a bit.

The most helpful advice I have to offer is that when trying to pronounce our ch sounds, pronounce it like Mexicans pronounce the x in Mexico. Hang in there, it doesn't get better but you get used to the pain! :)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

vyelkin posted:

- Randomly fires people for disagreeing with or upstaging him

- Not personally. Also, when they're about to retire, or the other side of the country in the hope they'll have to get the bus back.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the German ch sound isn’t even consistent geographically lol

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

True, had a friend who ate Kirchen before going into the kirsche. But the first one is way more common so just use that one.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

VRViperII posted:

doesn’t Canada pretty consistently imitate our idiot political decisions, just a few years later?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

FMguru posted:

-forgets to get treatment for bone-itis (hopefully)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

VRViperII posted:

Can you guarantee no more Rob Fords?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

raminasi posted:

doesn’t Canada pretty consistently imitate our idiot political decisions, just a few years later?

Canada is currently run by a charismatic young neoliberal who came to power five years ago promising sweeping change against a tired conservative party with an unpopular leader, then delivered on basically none of it despite having a solid government majority, disillusioning the young voters who turned out for him in record numbers. He just won an unconvincing reelection against an uninspiring white religious conservative (who won the popular vote anyway lol), despite the fact that during his first term his party lost control of basically every province to hardline far-right conservatives who are gutting the social safety net and doing their best to attack marginalized groups. Can't wait to see where the next election takes us!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

FMguru posted:

having bonelungitis

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

vyelkin posted:

Canada is currently run by a charismatic young neoliberal who came to power five years ago promising sweeping change against a tired conservative party with an unpopular leader, then delivered on basically none of it despite having a solid government majority, disillusioning the young voters who turned out for him in record numbers. He just won an unconvincing reelection against an uninspiring white religious conservative (who won the popular vote anyway lol), despite the fact that during his first term his party lost control of basically every province to hardline far-right conservatives who are gutting the social safety net and doing their best to attack marginalized groups. Can't wait to see where the next election takes us!

yea, but he's white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Scythe, reap, cull

Btw, why is the roni performing so poorly in Florida?