Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone done any actual testing if customizing a tool resets its clock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So "don't leave with the minus button" only applies to multiplayer, right? Been doing it in solo and haven't came across any issues.

Yea, it's specifically an issue in MP because it lets you leave regardless if people are in menus, causing a rollback if everyone can't escape out of menus in time.

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

I'm usually lurking but I made a thing using https://acpatterns.com/editor

you too can paint dumb poo poo easily or modify QRs.

I got a bunch of turnips and my prices are plummeting so I'll join the discord.

My flag at the moment.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I have GOTTA get the Able sisters store, goddamn

Pau posted:

My flag at the moment.

Amazing, def snagging, thanks!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Nah, I'm good.

Actually though my wife just started playing yesterday though so if you have a spare anything (furniture, hat, sticks, recipes, etc literally anything) it would be cool to surprise her. Not a requirement though, just come over.

Random guests can't hit rocks or dig, right? I want to leave stuff for her to do when she gets to play next.

Dodo (updated): M5P7Q

e: Guess I should say, please don't knock the fruit off the trees! Thanks.
e2: Updated Dodo code

Thanks for letting me swing through, the anatomy model is amazingggggg, one step closer to setting up a functioning morgue/ME's office in my home :byoscience:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i just unlocked island designer and now i have unlimited power :supaburn:

god i'm gonna spend like the rest of the year working on this

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
You guys I met a ghost last night. Scared the poor thing. He gave me an expensive nightgown.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I have the best villagers and her name is Ketchup. She is a red bird and calls me bitty.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Pau posted:

My flag at the moment.

Can you edit that pattern in game?

I have made a few in there, but the instructions on how to add your creator code weren't super clear.

So I can download stuff I've made using the QR code, but I can't edit.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I think those instructions are out of date since that tool was first made for even older games?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Poque posted:

I loving hate Zipper and I want to banish him to hell already

They seemed to have toned down the "he's actually a jaded person/other animal inside a bunny suit" thing in this one, which makes him more annoying. Maybe later conversations will ramp it back up.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just caught a Raja Brooke's birdwing, whatever the heck that is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Caught these back to back :tinfoil:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I have the best villagers and her name is Ketchup. She is a red bird and calls me bitty.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nook miles question: there's some items (street light, cotton candy booth) where you can directly buy the item with miles, but not the recipe. Is the recipe available elsewhere, or is buying with miles the only way to get those?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Tender Bender posted:

They seemed to have toned down the "he's actually a jaded person/other animal inside a bunny suit" thing in this one, which makes him more annoying. Maybe later conversations will ramp it back up.

He at least still sighs and starts walking like normal when you're far enough away.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tender Bender posted:

Nook miles question: there's some items (street light, cotton candy booth) where you can directly buy the item with miles, but not the recipe. Is the recipe available elsewhere, or is buying with miles the only way to get those?
I have heard it's buying with miles only and also that the customization up for sale doesn't change so if you want the aesthetically different ones you have to trade with another person who's got the other one in their Nook Miles store.

That said, I can't prove you can't get the recipe, etc.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Found on Reddit, useful icons to put in front of trees and whatnot.

Was anyone able to scan these with the Switch Online QR app? Mine wouldn't read them

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Tender Bender posted:

Ditto on this. I want roughly 50 wind turbines, and grinding out 200k miles doesn’t sound super appealing

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Huxley posted:

Yeah, it resets the regular fishing pole back to 30 catches. I'm assuming it works on the rest.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

My internet died for a minute and it closed my airport. Thanks everyone for the donations, my wife will be stoked. Additionally, I am very appreciative that nobody took any of the stuff on the ground or did anything to the flowers or shook any of the trees. If anyone wanted any of the clothing at my place but wasn't able to visit, I can reopen anytime.

Thanks!

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

HaB posted:

Can you edit that pattern in game?

I have made a few in there, but the instructions on how to add your creator code weren't super clear.

So I can download stuff I've made using the QR code, but I can't edit.

Not that I found BUT you can download the image then go to https://acpatterns.com/editor then click LOAD FILE /CODE and that will let you modify it. I believe.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Was anyone able to scan these with the Switch Online QR app? Mine wouldn't read them

It worked for me when I scanned them a couple days ago.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I made a memorial:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Do I activate the eggs somewhere? I haven’t seen a drat themed thing, but Isabelle gave me a picnic table and some trees are cherry blossoms now

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Gonna be open for an hour or so if anyone wants to visit Kicks / Buy rainboots or a Ninja Costume from the Ables'

Also feel free to take Apples if you can find any. Alas the park trees are decoration only please do not steal

Flowers on sale today are Orange/Red Windflower - White/Yellow Hyacinth - White/Yellow Pansies

Dodo is N4FQP

Come say Hi whilst I AFK due to WFH if you come through so I can steal outfit ideas.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Timmy: "What's up, you broke bitch?"
Tommy: "... bitch."

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I made a memorial:

Is it a gated-progress thing before you can create and places custom pictures, or just a matter of waiting to get the right recipe? I really want to fill my house with pictures!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Grinding Nook Miles so I can find a villager I like. The last three islands were horrible chickens. I sort of understand the numerous questions you have to go through to do online multiplayer, but convincing the Dodo to let you use a Nook Miles Ticket is like going through an actual airport.

And yeah, this Bunny Day thing is already old. I made a few furniture items, they're all ugly. I don't know what the main bunny wants - do I have to find, make, and bring him all the furniture? Eleven more days of eggs falling out of everything is going to be awful.

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...
If, like me, you have all been entranced by the glory of Tiger Kings on Netflix, and would like to add a little jetski magic to your islands, look no further:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

magimix posted:

Is it a gated-progress thing before you can create and places custom pictures, or just a matter of waiting to get the right recipe? I really want to fill my house with pictures!

You can make custom designs early on. When you select one, it’ll say “Display Here” as an option and that just puts it on an easel like a painting

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I made a memorial:

Do I press "F" or "P?"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Huxley posted:

GoodBee posted:

Yeah, it resets the regular fishing pole back to 30 catches. I'm assuming it works on the rest.

Also works on shovels, I've used the same one in rotating colors for days at a time til I forget to customize. It's useful enough that I've started leaving customization packs as my little visiting gift when I don't have something folks specifically ask for.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hobo Clown posted:

So every pink tree is non-fruit bearing? That will make things a lot easier if I ever decide to organize them into an orchard. When is Bunny Day? IRL Easter?

Edit: Nevermind Zipper just told me its April 12th

This helps also (posting again) by marking in front of each appropriate tree for organization.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I made a memorial:

can you share the patterns, I desperately need this

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Your Computer posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i just unlocked island designer and now i have unlimited power :supaburn:

god i'm gonna spend like the rest of the year working on this

Does your island's star rating only change the following day, or can you spend sleepless hours doing poo poo to improve your rating and have it go up the same day?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

LODGE NORTH posted:

You can make custom designs early on. When you select one, it’ll say “Display Here” as an option and that just puts it on an easel like a painting

Thank you *very* much for the pro-tip! :buddy:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Also how tf is my hot item a wooden chair two days in a row. At least I got pimp cavalier hats in the Able shop.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I was last night but to be honest it was a huge bitch to do so on most of them. If one isn't reading, close the reader and re-open it to try again, even if it's on a different QR code in the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I made a memorial:

loooooool