Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

David's gonna land right on a tiny chunk of Juggernaut that pierces right through his sandal and impales his foot like a stepdad walking on a LEGO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Assessor of Maat posted:

dave's gonna completely no-sell whatever white chain does and shatter her corporeal form into sand with a flex of his eyebrow

then everyone else gets thrown into jail and next arc is escape from davecatraz

Jailbreak 2.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
I get the impression that David will eventually choose White Chain as his successor; given his apparent weariness of rulership, their mutual ideological devotion to law and order, and as a way to give White Chain a power up before they begin regularly fighting demiurges within the universe.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I really love the Shadow of Dave looming over WC in the second to last panel.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

MinutePirateBug posted:

I get the impression that David will eventually choose White Chain as his successor; given his apparent weariness of rulership, their mutual ideological devotion to law and order, and as a way to give White Chain a power up before they begin regularly fighting demiurges within the universe.

Angels can't wield a Key of Kings.

And in any case, I feel like if Solomon had felt an angel would be a suitable successor, he would have gone and found one himself, long ago.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Boron_the_Moron posted:

Angels can't wield a Key of Kings.

And in any case, I feel like if Solomon had felt an angel would be a suitable successor, he would have gone and found one himself, long ago.

White Chain's entire arc is her overcoming her nature though.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Demiurge4 posted:

White Chain's entire arc is her overcoming her nature though.

That, and I feel like both the comic's story and the history of the KSBD cosmos is littered with someone saying "hey, that's impossible" to someone who's about to accomplish it anyway.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

White Chain herself referred to reality as a "narrow concept," in the second chapter, so it's very on brand.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Angels
Know the truths of the world

Cant use it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Angels
Know the truths of the world

Cant use it.
They can't handle the truth

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The truth is law and only people can lie

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

MinutePirateBug posted:

Nah, White Chain is 100% hosed bar the intervention of Maya (and Maya has only really given a poo poo about Allison so far, so low odds on that). Salami Dave doesn't actually believe anyone is worthy of his crown. If someone does manage to draw blood, it'll be rationalized away instantly as cheating/the act of a brutish thug and the perpetrator instantly vaporized with Ki Rata.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Solomon David has never contributed to a blood drive

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
It seems to me Salami Dave wouldn't want to lower himself to doing an execution though, there's that critical "but" in the "but as it stands it would be"

He's gonna do something that makes it stand differently because he's not gonna lower himself to doing an execution, hence the subjunctive here

He'll either senzu bean White Chain or ask White Chain to name a second or some other weird poo poo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Paramemetic posted:

It seems to me Salami Dave wouldn't want to lower himself to doing an execution though, there's that critical "but" in the "but as it stands it would be"

He's gonna do something that makes it stand differently because he's not gonna lower himself to doing an execution, hence the subjunctive here

He'll either senzu bean White Chain or ask White Chain to name a second or some other weird poo poo

He'll let White Chain call on Allison and VG for a 3v1, obliterate the two Angels, and then try to force Allison to surrender.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He'll let White Chain call on Allison and VG for a 3v1, obliterate the two Angels, and then try to force Allison to surrender.

Then Juggs reveals that they’re not dead yet, and spirits her away before Allison can submit.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I'm thinking Yisun's Empty Palm might finally get used, it was the ULTIMATE UNBEATABLE TECHNIQUE of the empty palm style mentioned in some fluff ages ago.

She won't win, but I'm wondering if White Chain manages to draw any blood.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

I'm thinking Yisun's Empty Palm might finally get used, it was the ULTIMATE UNBEATABLE TECHNIQUE of the empty palm style mentioned in some fluff ages ago.

She won't win, but I'm wondering if White Chain manages to draw any blood.

The arena is rather thick with unstoppable super techniques ATM

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Ki Rata is an entire style composed solely of unstoppable super techniques.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Watch as White Chain shows she learnt how to break reality and manifests herself straight from the Void without need of an armoured body.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxYuKKsm6Zo

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

Ki Rata is an entire style composed solely of unstoppable super techniques.

Ki Rata is like being Eddy Gordo in Tekken, except instead of button mashing to win, you just hit any of the buttons, just once. Doesn't matter which one.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

ThaumPenguin posted:

Solomon David has never contributed to a blood drive
Bullshit. He donated, like, half a monk minimum.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Paramemetic posted:

he'll destroy her shell and return her to the void and then juggernaut will kill her

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

I'm curious if perhaps the whole "Angels need a shell to remain in the physical world" thing is less true than expected. White Chain was very definitely able to use her white flame form to beat the poo poo out of Allicio; perhaps the requirement of a shell is merely another piece of the Old Law to be outgrown, and after Dave annihilates her shell, she'll remain in her white flame form going forward.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lights posted:

I'm curious if perhaps the whole "Angels need a shell to remain in the physical world" thing is less true than expected. White Chain was very definitely able to use her white flame form to beat the poo poo out of Allicio; perhaps the requirement of a shell is merely another piece of the Old Law to be outgrown, and after Dave annihilates her shell, she'll remain in her white flame form going forward.

They can, but not for long: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-112/

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Lights posted:

I've been wondering this. There were angels on throne before Zoss came. Then the demiurges made bodies for them? So, what were the bodies before? It said the primes grew to monstrous size before Zoss came. And the stages the angels go through is basically matter becoming more dense and solid...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The prime angels had bodies made by the gods, and Zoss killed them all (twice.) The younger reincarnations have bodies made by Zoss's demiurges.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Rather, Zoss broke their divine bodies, chased their white flame to the void, and then killed them there. This was apparently so traumatic that even in the present day 2 Micheal is the only prime angel to reincarnate. And for some reason modern demiurge created angels are both easier to kill and have a much easier time reincarnating, probably due to something with how they are creations of humans rather than gods.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Unrelated but how many pursuers are there? 108?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lights posted:

If you go back, you can see that during that whole time she's out of the shell she's tethered to it by an umbilical cord.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Unrelated but how many pursuers are there? 108?

After the tournament I bet its a lower number

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Guildenstern Mother posted:

After the tournament I bet its a lower number

They always find takers for the openings though

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think there's always 108 but pursuers either stop their pursuit or die so there's always a bunch of new faces

except the giant baby

he's in for keeps

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The same as the number of suitors in the Odyssey. Coincidence? I think not.

However Allison is not cunning like Mr nobody was.

Tarragon
Sep 30, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

And for some reason modern demiurge created angels are both easier to kill and have a much easier time reincarnating, probably due to something with how they are creations of humans rather than gods.

All angels are creations of the gods, the demiurges just made some new armor for the weaker non-Prime ones (who had been chilling out in the Void while the Primes guarded Throne) as part of their peace treaty.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The same as the number of suitors in the Odyssey. Coincidence? I think not.

However Allison is not cunning like Mr nobody was.

Or the 108 Stars of Destiny from Water Margin.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
what is this mystic number 108? obviously something weird's going on here

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

what is this mystic number 108? obviously something weird's going on here

it is a self abundant semiperfect tetranacci harshad number.

It's also the hyperfactorial of 3.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

108 is a common sacred Dharmic number. Why Homer used it, couldn't tell you.