Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

WarEternal posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TierneyODea/status/1245379911713525760

Lmao these people trying to bend over backwards to make excuses for Musk. That's ALSO not a ventilator. My dad died of pulmonary fibrosis so I know what a fuckin ventilator looks like.

"Non-invasive" right there on the text of the loving page. Why did the "NYCHealthSystem" Twitter promote this when they're loving CPAPs? Feel like I'm losing my mind.

government gotta fellate billionaires for pretending to care about the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

I don’t think much of us military tech is made by China

that would seem ... illegal

our military is aligned around profit margins, not war fighting, ever since capital realized that losing wars slowly is a huge cash cow compared to trying to win them

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

US gonna use the virus deaths to invade china

lmao the us military is all sick and dying with corona virus , meanwhile china actually did real quarantine and had actual protective equipment and stuff

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

pausing Pirates fandom in stressful and anxious times counts as self-care

I did go down for spring training baseball last month and barely missed the disease boom on the gulf coast.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Epic High Five posted:

China just gonna press a button that makes all the components of our war machines they manufacture stop working lol

anti-carrier ballistic missiles sink carriers that are empty because of plague

The URSS was dependant on USA grains. So much time that URSS would have starved withouth USA.

USA can act tough but... China is actually a nuclear power, so, .. you don't mess with that.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/woke8yearold/status/1245373243168563200

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

our military is aligned around profit margins, not war fighting, ever since capital realized that losing wars slowly is a huge cash cow compared to trying to win them

I’m pretty sure most of has to be sourced from America

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

euphronius posted:

wills and estates is also the best legal field to be in if you can . it’s easy work and you charge ridiculous amounts

yea but you have to go to church every week with old people if you want any business

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MauraSirianni/status/1245393255342235649

quote:

The release says violations of the order "shall constitute a misdemeanor and subject the violator to penalties and fines of up to $1,000 and/or up to 12 months in jail per offense."

The order also prohibits all public and private gatherings of any number of people not belonging to the same household.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ebola Roulette posted:

Thought I'd pop in and let you guys know that there's a rural county in my area that has done 7 tests total and 2 were positive. But we need to ship our test supplies out to areas like NY that need them more :downs:

This but unironically

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

euphronius posted:

wills and estates is also the best legal field to be in if you can . it’s easy work and you charge ridiculous amounts

My sister in law is an attorney that does lots of bankruptcys and also some divorces. I have a feeling she is going to have a lot of business for the foreseeable future.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

yea but you have to go to church every week with old people if you want any business

true

and lots of funerals

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Do you fools think that your logic and facts will sway the president ?!

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/SwarajyaMag/status/1244987465628143616?s=20

He is saying that the basal level of certain cytokines is higher in the Indian population than other countries such as the US possibly because of mass BCG vaccination, and that BCG increases levels of type-1 interferons, which is a type of protein produced by the blood, and the basis of medicines prescribed for viral infections

he also says that mass vaccinations could begin "tomorrow" in India because it is already approved

twoday has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Apr 1, 2020

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

hepatizon posted:

The current measures are absolutely better than nothing. My prediction is 0.5-4 million deaths. I think 0.5m is achievable if we get 2/3 of:
1) enforced lockdown in all metro areas
2) an effective treatment/prophylaxis protocol cobbled together from widely available drugs
3) a functional system for contact tracing and proactive testing

My prediction was and still is 1-2m dead. If we have a competent leadership, probably 200k dead; but with the current timeline, 1 million minimal.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

stephenthinkpad posted:

My prediction was and still is 1-2m dead. If we have a competent leadership, probably 200k dead; but with the current timeline, 1 million minimal.

thank u expert epidemiologist "stephenthinkpad"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this mp4 is America

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/style/toilet-paper-shortage-bidet-coronavirus-wipes.html

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I predict that everyone will die

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

twoday is just stunting on the us now

none of us got the good stuff

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
not trying to defend musk, but those are vpap machines not cpaps. i dunno how useful they are, but they aren't exactly cpaps

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-professional/products/devices/s9-vpap-st-a-with-ivaps.html

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/evanrosskatz/status/1245377950213648384?s=20

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
So how long until people just start looting grocery stores

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

NofrikinfuN posted:

twoday is just stunting on the us now

none of us got the good stuff

just wait till trump finds out that it's the fastest possible vaccine that can be distributed because it can skip to phase III trials immediately

edit: it can even skip those, they could just start jabbing people next week if they wanted to, it just needs to be approved for broader use than only TB high-risk groups

the main hurdle is that it isn't especially profitable

twoday has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Apr 1, 2020

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

are there any Bonaparte failsons floating around out there we can crown as world emperor to handle this crisis

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I predict that everyone will die

inshallah

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:nyoron:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sit on my Facebook posted:

Not for another month at minimum

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mr. Nice! posted:

not trying to defend musk, but those are vpap machines not cpaps. i dunno how useful they are, but they aren't exactly cpaps

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-professional/products/devices/s9-vpap-st-a-with-ivaps.html

They aren't useful, op

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wasn’t the one Napoleon brother actually pretty effective

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

SKULL.GIF posted:

Probably contingent on the effective distribution of them trumpbux

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

my bony fealty posted:

are there any Bonaparte failsons floating around out there we can crown as world emperor to handle this crisis

I think there's still a couple of Hapsburgs left we could drag onto the throne, at least.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

LOL.

We'll see, I guess.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Yeah Jerome was ok

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

euphronius posted:

The one he made king of Sweden basically ended up ignoring him and stayed out of the conflicts iirc

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

twoday posted:

just wait till trump finds out that it's the fastest possible vaccine that can be distributed because it can skip to phase III trials immediately

i was under the impression that it had to be administered when you were young to have the beneficial effect on your immune system

i guess that doesnt mean we wont try it, but it's not likely to have much positive effect in adults, right?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

we've got a while on that. It depends on how fast poo poo goes to hell. But I'd say at least June.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

someone redo the bus gif but a rikshaw from india comes flying past the US bus like it's fuckin rocket powered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Probably contingent on the effective distribution of them trumpbux

Which will only hold them over for another month because there's no loving way the repubs are going to vote on a 2nd round of "free money" to lazy Americans