Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Bobulus posted:

I'm not sick of Bunny Day yet, but apparently I'm the exception.

The mascot bunny claimed you'd get a special reward for finding and crafting all the seasonal DIY recipes, so we'll probably have to get a list going at some point, huh?

I've been shooting balloons all day while "working from home". I got a ton of recipes. A villager also gave me an egg crown recipe.

If you collect 15 of an egg, you will also unlock egg clothing recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

For those in the North new stuff I found so far

-Bugs

Common Bluebottle
Madagascan Sunset Moth
Agrias Butterfly
Raja Brooke Butterfly
Long Locust
Darner Dragonfly
Jewel Beetle (on stumps)
Flea (On villagers)

-Pond
Crawfish
Killifish

-Ocean
Seahorse
Clownfish
Surgeonfish
Butterfly Fish
Zebra Turkey Fish

Feel free to update this as you want

Scholtz posted:

Do paths connect to inclines well, or is there a gap?

Depends on the incline honestly

Also easter Recipe's I have so far are

Bunny Day Stool
Bunny Day Wardrobe
Bunny Day Bed
Bunny Day Lamp
Bunny Day Merry Balloons
Bunny Day Flooring

-Egg bonuses
Water-egg Shell
Water-egg outfit
Water-egg shoes
Bunny Day Crown

-Blossom Seasonal DIY stuff
Outdoor Picnic Set
Blossom-viewing lantern
Cherry-Blossom pond stone

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 1, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Harrow posted:

I honestly find items breaking in this more annoying than I did in BotW because in BotW, I could usually just pick up a weapon nearby and keep swinging, and I also never fully ran out of weapons except at the very very beginning so I always had at least something usable. Here I have to run back and craft a new one (in two stages if I want it to last longer). I suppose I should just carry two or three of everything I use around all the time.

BOTW2 better have the ladder from ACNH, damnit

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

iTrust posted:

Gonna be open for an hour or so if anyone wants to visit Kicks / Buy rainboots or a Ninja Costume from the Ables'

Also feel free to take Apples if you can find any. Alas the park trees are decoration only please do not steal

Flowers on sale today are Orange/Red Windflower - White/Yellow Hyacinth - White/Yellow Pansies

Dodo is N4FQP

Come say Hi whilst I AFK due to WFH if you come through so I can steal outfit ideas.

I bought so much I had to go fishing for a bit to get more cash, haha. Thanks for opening up your island!
Got a sweet trenchcoat among other things:
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/1245389160384348160?s=20
It's kinda bullshit that the wide brim hats don't come in carmen sandiego red tho!!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bobulus posted:

I'm not sick of Bunny Day yet, but apparently I'm the exception.

The mascot bunny claimed you'd get a special reward for finding and crafting all the seasonal DIY recipes, so we'll probably have to get a list going at some point, huh?

I'm guessing it'll be a piece of egg related furniture or clothing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I bought so much I had to go fishing for a bit to get more cash, haha. Thanks for opening up your island!
Got a sweet trenchcoat among other things:
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/1245389160384348160?s=20
It's kinda bullshit that the wide brim hats don't come in carmen sandiego red tho!!

Omg glasses with shojo eyes

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

stev posted:

I'm guessing it'll be a piece of egg related furniture or clothing.

My uncle works at Nintendo and he says they mail you an AC Switch if you do it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Throwing open the gates of Le BonZone for awhile! Dodo Code 6V124

Sahara is visiting! She has Lava Floorintg and Bank Vault Wall.

There's also some freak in a bunny suit visiting. I would ignore him if I were you.

I have presents by my airport. Free to touch and/or take. Help yourselves! I'll be doing some gardening. Please don't pick my flowers.

Getting goonrushed hard here. I'll close the gates in between so people can actually leave and talk to Sahara and all. If the code doesn't work when you try, give it a few and try again!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 1, 2020

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

:siren: Bug alert: getting the achievement for 300 balloons popped stops them from appearing together. :siren:

Not sure if you need to directly check the achievement and get the Miles in order to get the bug or if simply popping 300 balloons triggers it

That's a pretty huge problem especially considering they spawn more frequently during this event

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Eggrock and eagle.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i have a few purple flowers which is how you got rajah brookes before but none have appeared yet after an hour of trying

what about madagascaran sunset moths, do i need black flowers for that?

I only have a couple of pink and orange flowers and a blue that hasn't bloomed yet, so I dont think so

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

-Bugs

Common Bluebottle
Madagascan Sunset Moth
Agrias Butterfly
Raja Brooke Butterfly
Long Locust
Darner Dragonfly
Jewel Beetle (on stumps)
Flea (On villagers)

-Pond
Crawfish
Killifish

-Ocean
Seahorse
Clownfish
Surgeonfish
Butterfly Fish
Zebra Turkey Fish

I also found this big boy on a palm tree on a Nook Miles island

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.
Opening my gate for a little while, I have an incline under construction on the northern most part of my map, you'll need to hop a river to get to it. If you're wealthy, feel free to donate copious amounts of bells.

I'm a northern island, native pears.

Code is closed

Mr. Crane fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 1, 2020

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Wait, why shouldn’t I hit the minus button? Is this a “min-maxing the event” thing or a “save files getting nuked” thing?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

emgeejay posted:

Wait, why shouldn’t I hit the minus button? Is this a “min-maxing the event” thing or a “save files getting nuked” thing?

It abruptly kicks everyone out of the village, without saving first. So people can end up losing progress.

Yes it is really dumb they could not find a way to let people leave the server without forcing everyone to save.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
If someone is stuck in a dialog, like one of Sahara's long ones, for more than the 10 seconds it will kick everyone out and revert to their last saves.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

emgeejay posted:

When leaving a person’s Island if you hit the minus button to do so it nukes everybody’s efforts, resets everything and makes everybody hate you for good reason

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

PantsBandit posted:

I haven't found any eggs at all and my friends think I'm messing with them since apparently they're meant to be everywhere?

A couple of my villagers were sitting in the plaza having their morning coffee together, so I sat down and had mine as well :3

I don't think there's any you can find without some kind of effort, but it's the stuff you'll probably be doing anyway. Try and fish? Get an egg. Getting lumber from trees? Get an egg. Digging on a fossil spot? Get an egg.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

team overhead smash posted:

I don't think there's any you can find without some kind of effort, but it's the stuff you'll probably be doing anyway. Try and fish? Get an egg. Getting lumber from trees? Get an egg. Digging on a fossil spot? Get an egg.

Yeah it was just because I hadn't downloaded the update I guess. I forgot that they do all seasonal stuff through patches now.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Thanks to everyone who visited Eru today, and for leaving some notes on the Notice Board!

Seeing you all frolicking about made the last few hours of a long day a lot more fun. :unsmith:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah it was just because I hadn't downloaded the update I guess. I forgot that they do all seasonal stuff through patches now.

Which raises the issue that people who don't regularly connect their Switch to the internet (they exist probably) or bother updating their games (they exist definitely) will inevitably miss out on stuff that would've just been part of any previous AC game.

Not that missing the egg thing is a huge loss, mind.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Kyrosiris posted:

I haven't thought of anything I really wanted for a town theme but drat if RO music wouldn't fit the bill. Share with the class if anything good comes up!

I dug this up from a 4 year old GameFAQs forum thread. Claims to be a bit from the Theme of Prontera but I swear it sounds more like a bit from Streamside. Either way it's... vaguely recognizable enough for me to use for now until I can either find something else or manage to not fail at music and create something myself.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
maybe "different sound" was a bad way to put it - they still woosh like the regular balloons

just three times as loudly, which is honestly starting to get on my nerves :negative:

e: if we're still talking RO music I posted this earlier which might've gotten missed
http://nooknet.net/tunes?melody=g-e-d-e-f-s-z-c-f-c-z-b-s-z-z-z&title=WANNA%20BE%20FREE
:shobon:

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

In Windchime today, Mabel has the rare 1.2 million bell Royal Crown, along with cool denim jackets and some other things.

Nooks have a microwave and a teddy bear, as well and windflowers, tulips, and cosmos. Turnip price is literal garbage.

Piper is crafting a magazine rack.

Take all the fruit you want!

I'm ISO the ironwood set minus the kitchenette & low table or sakura items/recipes, so if you have extra please feel free to bring them by!

EDIT: CJ is also here although I don't know if visitors can get his challenge or not.

CLOSED for now, might open up again later. Thanks all visitors!

fizzy-o fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 1, 2020

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Leaving my gates open while I work. Forgive me if I'm idle, I'm actually working

Turnips are 135 for those with weak stomachs who just wanna cash out. Got the fishing NPC here, he'll pay a premium for fishies.

[CLOSED]

Not a Children fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 1, 2020

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/clocksprocket/status/1245339493189570563

so this happened

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

game's haunted

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh yeah new thread title reminded me I was working on this last night, but didn't finish before the tailor closed

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1245397375608221696

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i can't believe victoria ratted me out

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Man those agrias butterflies haul rear end. And I think of whomp comics every time I catch one.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Your Computer posted:

maybe "different sound" was a bad way to put it - they still woosh like the regular balloons

just three times as loudly, which is honestly starting to get on my nerves :negative:

e: if we're still talking RO music I posted this earlier which might've gotten missed
http://nooknet.net/tunes?melody=g-e-d-e-f-s-z-c-f-c-z-b-s-z-z-z&title=WANNA%20BE%20FREE

Oh I did miss this since the thread goes so fast. Rad! Thanks for sharing. :kimchi:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My island got disconnected. New Dodo Code is CQKG5

Throwing open the gates of Le BonZone for awhile! Dodo Code CQKG5

Sahara is visiting! She has Lava Floorintg and Bank Vault Wall.

There's also some freak in a bunny suit visiting. I would ignore him if I were you.

I have presents by my airport. Free to touch and/or take. Help yourselves! I'll be doing some gardening. Please don't pick my flowers.

I'll be closing my gates if things get too busy to give people time to talk to Sahara in piece. If you can't get in when you try, give it a few minute and try again!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Be Nice N' Easy was my first choice for obvious reasons but I don't know how easy it would be to make any part of that recognizable. So really at this point I'm up for anything that would be recognizable once transcribed.

Also :hfive: to a fellow RO nerd.

Not enough space to make anything super recognizable but uh let me try!

Byalan Dungeon

Payon

Amatsu Dungeon

Plus someone posted Gotta be Free and I did Prontera earlier.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

-Bugs

Common Bluebottle
Madagascan Sunset Moth
Agrias Butterfly
Raja Brooke Butterfly
Long Locust
Darner Dragonfly
Jewel Beetle (on stumps)
Flea (On villagers)

-Pond
Crawfish
Killifish

-Ocean
Seahorse
Clownfish
Surgeonfish
Butterfly Fish
Zebra Turkey Fish

Depends on the incline honestly

Also easter Recipe's I have so far are

Bunny Day Stool
Bunny Day Wardrobe
Bunny Day Bed
Bunny Day Lamp
Bunny Day Merry Balloons
Bunny Day Flooring

-Egg bonuses
Water-egg Shell
Water-egg outfit
Water-egg shoes
Bunny Day Crown

-Blossom Seasonal DIY stuff
Outdoor Picnic Set
Blossom-viewing lantern
Cherry-Blossom pond stone

Do you remember how you got those? For bunny-day stuff, the bunny gave me one, I found another on the beach, one I think came from a balloon, and I got the water-egg stuff from catching enough. (Wondering if there's more for other egg types)

Caught a few blossoms but no recipes yet.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I just had a fishing streak of 14 eggs in a row.

I want fish, not eggs.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

So if you find enough of one egg your character gets an idea and

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Your Computer posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i just unlocked island designer and now i have unlimited power :supaburn:

god i'm gonna spend like the rest of the year working on this

Start small, and fix up all those spots where you couldn't fit a bridge/incline before. Or add small 1 tile patches of ground in your rivers so you can just hop across without using your pole.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Dip Viscous posted:

I just had a fishing streak of 14 eggs in a row.

I want fish, not eggs.

That is a rough run! I wouldn't want to go so far as to pitch it as a hard and fast rule, but at least for me, Sea Eggs have tended to come from 'mid size' silhouettes. You could perhaps scare those off, and focus on small and large silhouettes? To be sure, you'd miss out on the novel new fish that have mid-size silhouettes, but perhaps it'd lessen the pain for you a bit?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nemo2342 posted:

Or add small 1 tile patches of ground in your rivers so you can just hop across without using your pole.

oh hey, that's a super neat idea!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Apparently if a balloon egg falls onto a space already occupied by something else, it vanishes. I've had 2 disappear by landing in either some chopped wood or a bed of flowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

VibrantPareidolia posted:

But the red fedora is basically exactly right for laughing at those nerds from ACME who think they can track you to this deserted island.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I dug this up from a 4 year old GameFAQs forum thread. Claims to be a bit from the Theme of Prontera but I swear it sounds more like a bit from Streamside. Either way it's... vaguely recognizable enough for me to use for now until I can either find something else or manage to not fail at music and create something myself.

Your Computer posted:

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Not enough space to make anything super recognizable but uh let me try!

Byalan Dungeon

Payon

Amatsu Dungeon

Plus someone posted Gotta be Free and I did Prontera earlier.

Y'all are all awesome. Gonna tinker with these when I have time today. :3: