Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why would they run the cherry blossom thing and the easter thing at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

But the red fedora is basically exactly right for laughing at those nerds from ACME who think they can track you to this deserted island.

This is incredible. Listen up, gumshoes.

Now you need to put a map of Africa somewhere on your island and cover it with lampposts

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

hell yeah keep the RO music comin

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Why would they run the cherry blossom thing and the easter thing at the same time

why not

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Anytime I see a balloon shadow and look up and it's an egg balloon I get sad

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Anytime I see a balloon shadow and look up and it's an egg balloon I get sad

what does that have to do with cherry blossoms

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Brother Entropy posted:

what does that have to do with cherry blossoms
Cherry blossom seasonal recipes just got added to (regular non-bunny day) balloon drop tables (and bamboo seasonal recipes went away)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Cherry blossom seasonal recipes just got added to (regular non-bunny day) balloon drop tables (and bamboo seasonal recipes went away)

oh

well it's pretty clear egg balloons aren't overwriting normal balloons so it's still not like it's taking anything away by having both things going on at once :shrug:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Someone on twitter said bait always spawns a fish, never an egg.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Your Computer posted:

oh hey, that's a super neat idea!

You're welcome!

It feels slower than using your pole, but it's one less time you have to switch tools. Plus sometimes it's more efficient than building a bridge (like say in locations you think you're going to redesign later).

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Anyone know why one might not be experiencing egg festivities on their game? My husband is rolling in eggs but my town (separate Switch) has nooooone :(

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Casu Marzu posted:

Edit: the one positive is that the fruit trees stayed green so I can do mass tree moves and not try to figure out which are hardwood and which are fruit trees.
note: money trees do not count as fruit, they are still pink

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Turnips are 543 on my island right now! Mable has a strawberry hat for sale, and... that's about it.

https://turnip.exchange/island/1609361d

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

watchoutitsabear posted:

Anyone know why one might not be experiencing egg festivities on their game? My husband is rolling in eggs but my town (separate Switch) has nooooone :(
Have you connected to the Internet? (if not you won't see yourself as being on v 1.1.1a when you start up the game)
And just making sure, if you have, have you talked to Zipper? He makes all the eggs happen.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Not enough space to make anything super recognizable but uh let me try!

Byalan Dungeon

Payon

Amatsu Dungeon

Plus someone posted Gotta be Free and I did Prontera earlier.

Oh dang these are good. I'm glad there's some peeps around that are more musically brained than me to come up with stuff.

Also cool to see other Ragnarok fans come out of the woodwork. That game basically defined my childhood.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So, I've never played an Animal Crossings game before, but I'm interested in this one.

Now that it's been out for a few days... what's the final goon verdict? Is it good? Great? Awful?

And finally, I've heard something about how you can only have one island per physical Switch. Is this a horrible thing? Why can't you create a new island with every new save file?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Operation Catch A God Damned Ranchu Goldfish is still underway. 40 bait, 32 crawfish, 8 carp. gently caress this stupid fish

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Have you connected to the Internet? (if not you won't see yourself as being on v 1.1.1a when you start up the game)
And just making sure, if you have, have you talked to Zipper? He makes all the eggs happen.

I wasn't when I started playing this morning but I just connected and checked for updates and no change. Zipper isn't to be found either. I'll try exiting out of the game and reopening after I sell my turnips in my husband's town! Thanks for the help :)

GreatGreen posted:

So, I've never played an Animal Crossings game before, but I'm interested in this one.

Now that it's been out for a few days... what's the final goon verdict? Is it good? Great? Awful?

And finally, I've heard something about how you can only have one island per physical Switch. Is this a horrible thing? Why can't you create a new island with every new save file?

I'm loving it a ton, so far I'm enjoying it the most out of every game besides Wild World. It's true you can only have one town per Switch, I'm definitely not thrilled about that but my husband and I each have our own which has been nice. But it would have been nice to be able to create a new island down the road if I wanted to start over without losing my beautiful town! Hoping they'll patch that someday.

watchoutitsabear fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 1, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

indigi posted:

Operation Catch A God Damned Ranchu Goldfish is still underway. 40 bait, 32 crawfish, 8 carp. gently caress this stupid fish

Find a nook island with a pond and just run back and forth scaring everything else away. Ranchu shadows are horse mackerel sized, slightly bigger than goldfish/tadpoles.

this was before April though and I don't know what size crawfish shadows are

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Magical Bee posted:

Turnips are 543 on my island right now! Mable has a strawberry hat for sale, and... that's about it.

Oh hey, this queue thing is neat. So do we just wait for some kind of notification to join?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GreatGreen posted:

Great, the best thing ever especially if you're working from home and need chill distractions between stuff. Online has some big aggravations in how it handles island visits, but nowhere near bad enough to skip it. I'm the only switch user here so I can't speak to the single-island issue.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

For the record you don't have to talk to Zipper first. I didn't see Zipper until like an hour later when I went way north into my island looking for him. I just had to close and restart my game to get the eggs going but once I came back in eggs were placed and in trees and stuff.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Magical Bee posted:

What is the etiquette on these things if you have to do multiple trips, requeue after each one?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GreatGreen posted:

It's the best Animal Crossing yet, but also starts slow and has a lot of flaws for the second+ person on each Switch. So if you're singleplayer, it's gold (and the one island per Switch doesn't matter because of that), but yeah it blows for player 2.

e: do you really not have to talk to Zipper? Must have just gotten unlucky to not see ground eggs.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

I think it's a good game but I already had a pre-existing condition where I love Animal Crossing. I think it's a good intro to the series as well, but if you can't make your own fun it's probably not a good fit.

One island per switch is very stupid and there's no immediate reason for it, you will find a lot of "Nintendo" decisions if you get involved with this game. Fans of the series are just used to them, but that doesn't make it feel much better.

Every account on your switch only entitles the user to their own character. There is no way around this. If you wanted to share your switch with multiple people it could get annoying, as the first player to go onto the island has unique privileges that (I think) you can't do anything about.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey does anyone have a town with bunny ears for sale? I figured I should get into the Bunny Day spirit.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Magical Bee posted:

Thanks, friend! I wish I invested a lot more now.

e: when I put my tip down can any old schmuck come and pick it up?

stev fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 1, 2020

Pengwin
Apr 3, 2007

MIND MIND MIND

Magical Bee posted:

Thank you! :3: I appreciate this and left you a tip! This website seems to work pretty well (as does the bot in the SA discord).

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

iTrust posted:

https://icebr.art/

I use this, it's pretty great.

Thank you! It's very helpful.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

PunkBoy posted:

Oh hey, this queue thing is neat. So do we just wait for some kind of notification to join?

Would like to know this too... when it's my turn what do I do?

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

I just got in, once your position in queue is up it will give you the Dodo code and you can fly in.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I made a memorial:

lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm not sure if it makes a noise or anything, but it gives you the dodo code. Although right now someone has that island on lockdown with interference, i've been trying to get in for like 5 minutes

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does the website refresh on its own or do I need to keep refreshing? Or if I do it does that lose my place in line?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hobo Clown posted:

Does the website refresh on its own or do I need to keep refreshing? Or if I do it does that lose my place in line?

It'll update by itself.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Magical Bee posted:

this tool is awesome!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Is the visitor queue separate from the amount of villagers already on the island? I'm in the queue and got the code, but I keep getting the message where the island's full.

I'd rather just wait for an empty slot instead of going through the dialogue and reentering the code every time :shobon:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can still get the bamboo recipes, I got one earlier.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

Thanks, friend! I wish I invested a lot more now.

e: when I put my tip down can any old schmuck come and pick it up?

Same question, if I leave some bells behind are they just free to all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Poque posted:

Find a nook island with a pond and just run back and forth scaring everything else away. Ranchu shadows are horse mackerel sized, slightly bigger than goldfish/tadpoles.

this was before April though and I don't know what size crawfish shadows are

I just went with catching every shadow larger than the goldfish one, so maybe I just got super unlucky and didn't get the right sized shadow in my 40 attempts