Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm surprised "high school film noir" isn't a bigger genre.

I wrote a college noir once, it was awful

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm jealous. Enjoy!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

at a glance I thought this was Booger from Revenge of the Nerds.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

That bottle looks like it has little jean legs and black shoes.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

That bottle looks like it has little jean legs and black shoes.

Hahahah it does as well! :buddy:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i thought they stopped making the 12yr, nice score!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Disinfectant wipes (those came Monday). 70% isopropyl alcohol. This whole coronavirus thing has had me buying things from places I normally don't. First Staples now Walmart. You're welcome economy!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

colas posted:

I want the lime green one because I live my life a quarter-mile at a time.

This is a better choice if so:

https://www.drivecoffee.com/products/gulf-edition

They have other car liveries on that site.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

djfooboo posted:

Oh my God I left mine behind in the divorce, not knowing that this would appear so soon on the horizon.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Get out of my dreams and into my car. And it's GT40, nice. Now I'd just need those sick sunglasses from Ford v Ferrari. That was my takeaway from the movie, ken miles and carroll shelby's sunglasses were so cool. It was a long RayBan ad. (I'm guessing he never drove the gulf livery, but still)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Not purchased per se since it was free:

But since I was there I picked this up for me:

And this for a friend's son that will be turning 2 in September:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seeing the Head Like a Hole video when I was like 9 or 10 absolutely changed my life and what I thought music could be. I absolutely loving love Nine Inch Nails.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Seeing the Head Like a Hole video when I was like 9 or 10 absolutely changed my life and what I thought music could be. I absolutely loving love Nine Inch Nails.

Yeah it's been nice to follow Trent's career and see him continue to be successful in new areas.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

colas posted:

Get out of my dreams and into my car. And it's GT40, nice. Now I'd just need those sick sunglasses from Ford v Ferrari. That was my takeaway from the movie, ken miles and carroll shelby's sunglasses were so cool. It was a long RayBan ad. (I'm guessing he never drove the gulf livery, but still)

You'll need a watch to match.

https://www.chrono24.com/tagheuer/monaco-gulf--imod2813.htm

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Those don't look expensive.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

colas posted:

Shelby's shades were Clubmasters, fyi.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Shelby's shades were Clubmasters, fyi.

really? because I found something else, likely raybans, that had a full frame.

Like this - https://www.goodseeco.com/products/...OkaAqJLEALw_wcB

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A difficult to photograph but beautiful sake set.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Beautiful.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sake.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Set.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’m importing this Switch game from Japan.

Dunno why they wouldn’t release it in the US.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ChocNitty posted:

I’m importing this Switch game from Japan.

Dunno why they wouldn’t release it in the US.

“Warning!” NO HENTAI contents in this game! All you get is funny and stupid panties!
“I have to find… the Warrior of Love!”

Uh ok

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Helped out a local running store closed by the quarantine by picking up a Garmin Forerunner 45 watch. Probably could have splurged for the 245 but this one is pretty cool, and I'd been running in a Forerunner 10 since 2012(!) so maybe buying a slightly more basic watch means I won't wait seven years to replace it this time.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

If American Truck Simulator had multiplayer (whaaaat?) and I had a microphone, I would happily bungle deliveries of explosive gas with you guys while saying "breaker ten-four roger niner" all night long.

Is this a joke?

https://truckersmp.com/

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider and Blood and Truth, but the GameStop I was gonna get it from got shut down so I guess I’m just gonna get it delivered

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I've had a lot more time to listen to music lately. I've gone from listening almost not at all -- partially due to time restraints and partially due to depression -- to about five hours a day thanks to working from home, and I'm really rediscovering my love for my favourite band, AFI, and the singer and guitarist's various side projects. Between AFI, Blaqk Audio, XTRMST, and DREAMCAR, I've had six albums to catch up on.

I bought a limited edition version of my first album of theirs, Sing the Sorrow, from 2003.

It's a 60 page book featuring never-before released concept art and handwritten lyrics made up to look like a well-loved journal. There are pockets on the inside and back covers that contain a copy of the CD, and a DVD which contains an exclusive 8 minute film which set fans loose to find real-world clues in an ARG. It was really cool back when the internet was barely a thing. I'm hoping to get it signed the next time they tour. I've been to enough shows that Davey and Jade both recognise me by now so chances are pretty good.

I was able to get my hands on a super limited signed XTRMST record.

I don't have anything to play a record with and I already own the album digitally, but the fact that they touched this with their own hands makes it very special to me. The sleeve got damaged on the way here but the signatures and record are intact so I'm not bothered too much. There aren't any more so I couldn't get a replacement if I wanted to.

I also bought a photo print from a show directly from a photographer on Darkroom, but unfortunately I can't find the site in my history and my order confirmation gives literally no information about who it was, so I can't link them :saddowns: They were limiting their prints to 10 for each image, and I think I got a really good one.
This is the image, I don't want to take the poster out of its roll until I can buy a frame for it.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I ordered the FFVII Remake Soundtrack on vinyl because I'm a huge loving nerd.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/565560/final-fantasy-vii-remake-and-final-fantasy-vii-vinyl

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I bought a FunHaus shirt for the wife and some hella cool socks for me :radcat:

https://thehyv.shop/collections/foos-gone-wild/products/tube-socks

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wish I liked any of the Funhaus shirts. Let Elyse design some more like that m'lady shirt.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Mu Zeta posted:

I wish I liked any of the Funhaus shirts. Let Elyse design some more like that m'lady shirt.

Whoever makes the very unFunhaus looking Funhaus shirts is great.

I got my wife the tarot card one and I recently got the Tiger shirt:
https://store.roosterteeth.com/collections/funhaus/products/funhaus-tiger-t-shirt?variant=30707629588528

Thats a kewl rear end shirt design! I'd personally never wear it, but my wife really likes dem shirts. This is coming from a guy who bought some really high cholo socks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I ordered one of these shirts to replace my old Dino Jr. shirt that's too small for me:
https://twitter.com/BifocalMedia/status/1245494284431831045

Link:
https://bifocalmedia.com/Bifocal_Media/Dinosaur_Jr_Crew_T_shirt.html

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:

Solid Cake posted:

I was able to get my hands on a super limited signed XTRMST record.

Hello fellow AFI/Dreamcar/XTRMST/Blaqk Audio fan! I'm still waiting on my signed copy to arrive. :D

My pre-order has been delayed until the 18th of April. :(

edit: Two posters in a row that had ordered the same things as me. :banjo:

Kristneder has a new favorite as of 13:58 on Apr 3, 2020

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Whole bunch of parts in what will likely be a fool-hardy attempt to fix my truck and get it to pass inspection:

I didn't even bother having the garage quote me an estimate, I'm sure it wold be well over $1000.

If I can manage to replace everything that is causing my truck to fail, it'll be for under $300, even after the shipping.

Thank god we're all under stay at home orders, so I have plenty and plenty of time to get it done.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A decent soldering station for once in my life

and some sub-C cells

to rebuild an old battery for my cordless tools.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Trabant posted:

A decent soldering station for once in my life

and some sub-C cells

to rebuild an old battery for my cordless tools.

I mean, far be it from me to criticize a good DIY attempt to revive an old product (see aforementioned post about my 21 year old truck,) but any modern Li-ion cordless tool is going to be orders of magnitude better than any Ni-Cad, even one with a freshly rebuilt battery.

Depending on what tool you have, the cost of a new Li-Ion version might be close to the cost of that soldering iron and pack of cells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
You're not wrong! But it's mostly the cost of the replacement batteries that I'm considering in this case, as the soldering station is more of a long-term investment/replacement. It's time to retire my current iron, Ol' Barely Warm.

Plus, I need something to do besides work/Zoom :shepface: