Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Boco_T posted:

I posted this in the Arena thread but the people in here might find it useful too:

Used https://mtgadraft.herokuapp.com tonight to play through 2 full drafts of Historic Peasant Cube on Arena. Sat on Google Hangouts to chat while drafting.

Site’s very easy to use, saw it on Going Optimal. Loaded the list, set it to have 4 bots, drafted, exported to Arena and played the games with direct challenge. We drafted twice and played 6 rounds in a little over 3 hours.

The games were sweet, I made UR Spells the first time and WB Removal Vampires the second time. The power level on the decks was high and the opened packs were stacked because you really collect up a lot of good uncommons when you pull from like 10 sets.

I highly recommend it under quarantine. You can also do regular set drafts with your collection loaded in so that you guarantee you won’t need to spend wildcards to build deck you draft.

this is rad, thanks for sharing

will check it out, but a bunch of my friends who like to cube don't have much of a collection on arena to speak of, so might take a bit before I can get enough people on board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Owlbear Camus posted:

That sounds really cool.

So help me understand something:

My opponent casts Warbriar's Blessing (aura, +0/+2, ETB fight) on his 3/3 to make it a 3/5 and fight my 3/3. Thinking I'm a Clever Dan who can flip this as an even 2-for-2, I flicker the enchantment after the fight resolves thinking the marked damage should kill it. Sure enough the UI shows it at -0 toughness, then puts the enchantment back on and his critter is fine. Am I stupid, or should it have died as a state based effect?

Others have explained how this particular event played out, but that aside I would've flickered the creature being aura'd in this situation in order to nullify their aura. This way it's still an even trade, but you're not down a creature.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

TheMaestroso posted:

Others have explained how this particular event played out, but that aside I would've flickered the creature being aura'd in this situation in order to nullify their aura. This way it's still an even trade, but you're not down a creature.

If it had gone how I wanted I could have Escaped the creature on my turn which had an ETB that would force him to sac his other creature.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Secret Lair April Fool's. I think this is real... seems they're not printing it yet, but will give them to WPN stores at no cost to use how they want sometime after the pandemic is over. That Goblin Snowman does look pretty dope, I have to admit.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is unironically better than most of the secret lairs.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I love the meme in the squire picture

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
How would you all feel if they printed creatures you could cast from your sideboard but only if specific deck building restrictions were met???
:thunk:

Ikoria previews start tomorrow btw.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Tainen posted:

How would you all feel if they printed creatures you could cast from your sideboard but only if specific deck building restrictions were met???

Huh where would they get that idea

It'd require a rules change in Commander because there's no sideboard there.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tainen posted:

If this is a preview of what is to come, I hope it's a nudge toward the council of dorklords giving Commander a wishboard.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Tainen posted:

I'd be very curious what deck building restrictions could be imposed that could be shown/verified during the course of a match

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

LifeLynx posted:

Secret Lair April Fool's. I think this is real... seems they're not printing it yet, but will give them to WPN stores at no cost to use how they want sometime after the pandemic is over. That Goblin Snowman does look pretty dope, I have to admit.

The April fools is Wizards suggesting any card shops will exist after this.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

sit on my Facebook posted:

I'd be very curious what deck building restrictions could be imposed that could be shown/verified during the course of a match

minimum amount of cards?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

LifeLynx posted:

Huh where would they get that idea

It'd require a rules change in Commander because there's no sideboard there.

"Forbidden" was a cut mechanic from AVR that was supposed to be like this.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Crackbone posted:

The April fools is Wizards suggesting any card shops will exist after this.

Mine's taking the time to remodel. Seems optimistic, but okay!

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Goa Tse-tung posted:

minimum amount of cards?

The only other thing I can think of is "search your library for X, reveal it, then shuffle your library"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tainen posted:

Finally, Synchros are here

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tainen posted:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Finally, Synchros are here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's still april first, huh

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
It's more fun to just roll with it

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
If it's fake then people are gonna be genuinely mad they couldn't get a fancy storm crow

more realistically it's probably these cards plus a bonus card or two that makes it more worth the price.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Unironically print Crow Storm in black border, that'd really prank me wotc

Please do it

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Silhouette posted:

Unironically print Crow Storm in black border, that'd really prank me wotc

Please do it

e: oh, CROW storm not Storm Crow.

Yeah, they're never printing a new card with the Storm mechanic in Standard or probably Modern or Legacy ever again.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Framboise posted:

If it's fake then people are gonna be genuinely mad they couldn't get a fancy storm crow

more realistically it's probably these cards plus a bonus card or two that makes it more worth the price.

well going by theme it would be the worst PW but with the stained glass graphics

OG Jace maybe?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the secret lair is real, the lead time on getting cards printed is tremendous and they started pulling it together in 2019. my guess is at this point they were like poo poo, cards are printed, might as well push them out the door.

Entropic posted:

Yeah, they're never printing a new card with the Storm mechanic in Standard or probably Modern or Legacy ever again.

they printed a new card with the Storm mechanic directly into modern last year. they still use the mechanic, they just don't use it in standard legal products.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Entropic posted:

They have printed a card with the storm mechanic and just didn't call it storm directly into standard.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Sickening posted:

They have printed a card with the storm mechanic and just didn't call it storm directly into standard.

it's even got storm in the name

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The true april fools is that they made a shirtless man squire card and did not give the art to Winona Nelson

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Archenteron posted:

The true april fools is that they made a shirtless man squire card and did not give the art to Winona Nelson

https://twitter.com/noahbradley/status/1245397083529543680?s=21

Horny is prohibited

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Entropic posted:

Crow storm is a strictly better enter the Warren's and blue, it is bannable

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
The buff magician

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
If Colossal Dreadmaw isn’t reprinted in Ikoria I am going to be disappointed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Well there be literal dinosaurs in Ikoria?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Tainen posted:

Bargain is a neat mechanic in Eternal, and I think requiring you to do something in order to get the effect is better than just getting cards for free if you meet the deckbuilding conditions.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
wizards keeps denying that dinosaurs are becoming an evergreen creature type

but i dont believe them

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Rinkles posted:

Well there be literal dinosaurs in Ikoria?

They’re reprinting rampaging ferocidon into standard again

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dragon enthusiast posted:

wizards keeps denying that dinosaurs are becoming an evergreen creature type

but i dont believe them

It ought to be, at least in green. The most Green card ever printed is a big rear end dinosaur

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 2, 2020

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Gigantosaurus Pack GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Creature - Dinosaur

30/30

Hire me wotc

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Silhouette posted:

Gigantosaurus Pack GGGGGG

Creature - Dinosaur

30/30

Hire me wotc

Early leak

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I could see GGGGG 10/10, but we'll never see 20 in power, toughness, or CMC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

PJOmega posted:

I could see GGGGG 10/10, but we'll never see 20 in power, toughness, or CMC.

Uh
https://scryfall.com/card/m19/185/gigantosaurus