Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1245333644421541890?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
A new type of weather forecast

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

facetoucher cat posted:

I keep thinking about the people in the holler like Soddy-Daisy because there's nothing there despite being close enough to Chattanooga and you'll get the rich people from Signal Mountain taking (paying) for resources they just can't

My parents and sister live in Jasper, TN, my father still isn't taking this seriously, and my mother has type2 diabetes. Pretty sure they are all doomed.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I know much of the state of already had restrictions in place, is this stricter than what they already had in Philly or Pittsburgh?

Only the densest counties had a stay at home order, and no one is enforcing poo poo from what I've seen.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

This tool doesn't make a ton of sense, and it is difficult to see what they are actually loading into their index of vulnerability. If you want something that's a little more illuminating, and that integrates actual census data and American Community Survey data, try the CDC's SVI: https://svi.cdc.gov/map.html Note: this is only looking at community characteristics like poverty/education, etc.

For info on ICU beds, this looks like an interesting tool some corpos put together:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8c4dcccd9e3845eb89f6401f919007f2

Fasdar has issued a correction as of 20:24 on Apr 1, 2020

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
april fools we're all dead

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DrBillFisher/status/1245415106835513344

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lmao

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

same but its a rotten green egg that smells like trump's neck flaps

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Big rear end boom sound here at my place I'm renting in Vegas. Military vehicles showing up with tons of cops now lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

constant Republican sabotage

the USPS is a very powerful union and the organization itself is run very well and basically proves everything the Republicans say about government inefficiency and ineffectiveness totally and completely wrong

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

MUSK!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Taco Duck posted:

Big rear end boom sound here at my place I'm renting in Vegas. Military vehicles showing up with tons of cops now lol

Hell yeah

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

haha Get gently caress't brexit dipshits

(no offense, sane Brits)

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Taco Duck posted:

:anime:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/itsTAGofficial/status/1245421479300399109?s=19

Dutch government claims to be keeping up with the IC bed curve so far

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Mozi posted:

it bugs me that people are calling it corona-chan when it should really be corona-xiaojie or something

Comrade Corona

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Taco Duck posted:

sorry, i farted on the east coast

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I know much of the state of already had restrictions in place, is this stricter than what they already had in Philly or Pittsburgh?

To my understanding it's the same thing but state wide. I'm not immediately locating a government issued mandate

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

twoday posted:

In late February I came to the conclusion myself after looking at some maps and thunking really hard about why the USSR/Warsaw Pact was so clearly visible on the map of infections despite the fact that there is a constant migration of workers between eastern and western Europe, and plentiful trade between China and Central Asia. I looked into what those countries were doing and they seemed to be testing and doing mostly the same as Western Europe. Rather than assuming that every country east of the Rhine was lying, I started wondering if the commies may have had a vaccine for this already, and started reading around, and eventually made that post

clearly I was not the only one to see this pattern

Neat! Thanks, I know you've been on this beat for weeks.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

oof.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

coronaviris,
coronaviris,
everyday i pray for coronaviris.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

GEMorris posted:

My parents and sister live in Jasper, TN, my father still isn't taking this seriously, and my mother has type2 diabetes. Pretty sure they are all doomed.

Suck. My husband's parents are in Hixson but they're being super cool about it because they don't want to die

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Durf posted:

but didn't she say her wealth and investments were managed by third parties and completely beyond her control (she still totally deserves it tho)

yeah but she never said she didn't tell her third party account managers what sort of poo poo was coming, do with that info what you will

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Plinkey posted:

sorry, i farted on the east coast

I think the dow crashed into my apartment complex

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

LOL, from 2000 - now republican presidents got rid of all american international influence. All of it, just gone in 20 years. We got basically a gimme when the entire industrialized world was destroyed in WWII and we weren't. LOL, they suck so bad at governing. We don't even have healthcare, housing, or food security

Coronachan and Trump together are finally destroying american hegemony!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Taco Duck posted:

its happening. let us know what's going on as long as possible before they shut off the internet

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

now he's disrupting the way people breathe

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/marleyk20/status/1245361778994839552?s=21

you see what happens when you don’t lock up the criminal bankers

I've been wondering about the inevitable plentitude of wrongful death and other covid-19 liability lawsuits. Is this all going to get swept under the force majeure rug, or is there some precedent for holding parties accountable for knowingly putting people at risk of death due to disease?

Obvs the State will be immune to lawsuits, but what about poo poo like this? I suppose establishing a direct link to damages is difficult.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1245432463519879173

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

lol at these people completely missing the point of "wherever two or three gather together in my name"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

LOL, from 2000 - now republican presidents got rid of all american international influence. All of it, just gone in 20 years. We got basically a gimme when the entire industrialized world was destroyed in WWII and we weren't. LOL, they suck so bad at governing. We don't even have healthcare, housing, or food security

century of humiliation

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Have we seen any evidence that starting steroids after people stabilize on the ventilators will help stave off the cytokene CM?

From the EBMT webinar this afternoon

Tocilizumab may be better

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

JohnnySavs posted:

I've been wondering about the inevitable plentitude of wrongful death and other covid-19 liability lawsuits. Is this all going to get swept under the force majeure rug, or is there some precedent for holding parties accountable for knowingly putting people at risk of death due to disease?

Obvs the State will be immune to lawsuits, but what about poo poo like this? I suppose establishing a direct link to damages is difficult.

did the virus CAUSE them to be negligent? it seems like that would matter but lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hadn't thought about this too much but it is very true that you can't go anywhere in America without seeing tons (lol) of people so fat they have trouble breathing on a good day.

roundboi gonna gently caress up demon cracker nation

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Vim Fuego posted:

now he's disrupting the way people breathe

Nothing new for tesla

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At my workplace they said don't worry they will add one extra cleaning each week to the office building.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
going to travel back in time to kill the german lab tech who hosed up the BCG production run in 1930 which led to the western world being mistrustful of vaccinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

JohnnySavs posted:

Is this all going to get swept under the force majeure rug, or is there some precedent for holding parties accountable for knowingly putting people at risk of death due to disease?

have u ever been reading about some tragedy or massacre on wikipedia where they can only give estimates on how many people died