Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

LionArcher posted:

I think he will want to, but I don’t think he has the balls to actually do it.

and if he does it would cause riots. and not like just a few either.

I don't believe there is literally anything that could cause full scale riots against the federal government. Maybe a few here and there but not enough to stop anyone in Washington from doing whatever they wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

etalian posted:

Also my workplace send out constant reminders, Make sure you use vacation time if you get sick from CV!

If you use up your vacation time then make sure to use unpaid leave.

lol do you work for Boeing too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/lucyleid/status/1245055960315572225?s=20

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Chuds are going to be calling this a Chinese bioweapon attack for decades because we were too stupid to respond effectively

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mons Hubris posted:

I don't believe there is literally anything that could cause full scale riots against the federal government. Maybe a few here and there but not enough to stop anyone in Washington from doing whatever they wanted.

we had mad riots in the past because material conditions deteriorated a ton. the second no one can eat, there's gonna be riots in any case.

food prices are set to skyrocket. no one can pay rent. there will be an army of educated and homeless people.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Mayor Dave posted:

So our warehouse has been shipping for the last two weeks because the CEO decided that we qualified as essential (we definitely aren't) and today I found out that most of our senior management believe it's either a hoax or a Chinese bioweapon

it owns that everyone in a position of any power is a republican and so has had their brain completely fried by decades of insane conspiracy garbage driven originally by a right wing propaganda network designed to let republicans get away with crimes and lately by foreign botnets designed to destroy america

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lol do you work for Boeing too

No not at all, I'm just not surprised multiple companies are pulling the same trick as Boeing.

We are doing everything to make the workplace safe!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1245442377176600576

quote:

The pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in Central went ahead with an evening religious service Tuesday night just hours after city police cited him over allegations he violated a state order to limit crowd sizes during an outbreak of the novel coronavirus. Pastor Tony Spell is accused of violating provisions of Gov. John Bel Edwards’ emergency declaration six times over the past two weeks. Spell has ignored requests from city, parish and state leaders to suspend services.

Spell added that government authorities were throwing away the nation’s Constitution under a “COVID hoax.” He called the fears about the virus a “politically motivated scheme to shut the doors on America’s churches and we refuse to shut our doors.” “Yes, we’re gonna have service,” he added, “and if I am arrested, the second man in charge will step in. If he is arrested, the third man in charge will step in. If he is arrested, the thousands of people who are members of this congregation are gonna step in, but you can’t take us all.”

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1245449518256095235

first of all, it's really closer to 100,000

second of all, good god we are so hosed

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

twoday posted:

(dark oange means no BCG vaccine given to children)

https://ghresearch.org/covid-19/could-bcg-vaccination-revaccination-protect-against-sars-cov2-disease/

I don't think that many kids in the US are dying, are they?

Italy is also dark orange and as far as I know (I'm always wrong so feel free) I haven't heard much about kids dying there. Mostly olds.

I think the likeliest explanation is that the US has worse healthcare than many third world countries. And that's when we're not in the middle of a pandemic.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/joelockhart/status/1245433038915481602

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

US Cult Church "Super-Spreader" Event

I knew those fucks would be doing that.

Fake News!

Chinese Virus!

My Freedoms!

Jesus will protect us!

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

so far less than 5 thousands Americans are dead and it’s only been like 2 and 1/2 weeks since social distancing started and the economy started to rank. I don’t think you realize how bad things are on the verge of getting.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0B1sMfxWYw

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:yeshaha: here we go

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thats because they'll turn to coolaid drinking before it comes to that

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Thats because they'll turn to coolaid drinking before it comes to that

Um it was actually coronoide

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Apples McGrind posted:

so far less than 5 thousands Americans are dead and it’s only been like 2 and 1/2 weeks since social distancing started and the economy started to rank. I don’t think you realize how bad things are on the verge of getting.

Also, you're never going to get a nationwide riot because you don't need one. Just a few big riots in big cities and some tacit support from state leaders and poo poo will get wild.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol: that's the worst possible answer

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

hope they kick this dogshit state out of the union

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: that's the worst possible answer

https://twitter.com/Dracogen/status/1245436924296417280

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hi please give me the c-spam discord for more corona-chan shitposting i think it's the only thing stopping me from going completely insane

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

Pretty much

I really don't think there's a breaking point. People keep saying there is one and we'll reach it, and yet

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I guess KEMP is issuing a shelter in place for GA because he JUST figured out that people who are asymptomatic can spread the virus lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Apples McGrind posted:

so far less than 5 thousands Americans are dead and it’s only been like 2/12 weeks since social distancing started and the economy started to rank. I don’t think you realize how bad things are on the verge of getting.

its going to be the fact that millions of people who were absolutely crushed under society have their last droplet of hope snatched from their palms and now possess the free time to finally channel the enormity of their systemic anger.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Mayor Dave posted:

So our warehouse has been shipping for the last two weeks because the CEO decided that we qualified as essential (we definitely aren't) and today I found out that most of our senior management believe it's either a hoax or a Chinese bioweapon

Lol yeah I love that it's up to the businesses to claim they're essential. I work in the steel industry and we definitely aren't building hospitals or anything that could be remotely considered "essential" during this crisis but our office just handed out little laminated cards to everyone with our names on them claiming that we are deemed essential and can ignore any future quarantines.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lol there is no legality in that action

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
y'all we are in for some real, real poo poo. i figured we'd have like an economic meltdown. do not be shocked by what is to come. it's going to be terrible, terrifying, and i hope we can build something better from it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

hi please give me the c-spam discord for more corona-chan shitposting i think it's the only thing stopping me from going completely insane

Where's the invite?

Also tell whoever runs it to stop deleting people for inactivity because I've gotten the invite like 3 times but somebody keeps booting me.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

I guess KEMP is issuing a shelter in place for GA because he JUST figured out that people who are asymptomatic can spread the virus lmao

Oh my god is he loving really?

On the 23rd he told my rear end to stay home. TIME FOR THE REST OF GEORGIA TO STAY THE gently caress IN.

anime was right posted:

y'all we are in for some real, real poo poo. i figured we'd have like an economic meltdown. do not be shocked by what is to come. it's going to be terrible, terrifying, and i hope we can build something better from it.

vote fluffy bunnies 2021

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
The south going extremely YOLO on coronavirus and its gonna be bad

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

LionArcher posted:

I think he will want to, but I don’t think he has the balls to actually do it.

and if he does it would cause riots. and not like just a few either.

Trump has been testing the waters for this for two full years arguing that PRESIDENTITIAL HARASSMENT stole the first year of his big beautiful presidency away from him, the democrats, they were so unfair.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the laws don't mention arresting everybody there, just the host lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

sup

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

imagine if the cops treated these church goers the same way they treat liberal/leftist protestors

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

anime was right posted:

like maybe a picnic table for squirrels :3:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

the laws don't mention arresting everybody there, just the host lol

They should have let everyone in and then nailed every entrance shut

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i dunno it's almost like republicans are dumb as poo poo or something

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the chuds are doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I want to see states calling up militias to enforce border controls. The great Georgia-Florida war of 2020