Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun posted:

using https://covidtracking.com/us-daily/ which breaks down days as going 4:01pm EDT the day before to 4:00 pm EDT the day of gives the actual amount of tests done
Thurs March 26 - 16,797 positives, 97,806 tests, 17.2% positive results
Fri March 27 - 18,678 positives, 107,295 tests, 17.4% positive results
Sat March 28 - 18,821 positives, 109,071 tests, 17.3% positive results
Sun March 29 - 20,827 positives, 95,647 tests, 21.8% positive results
Mon March 30 - 21,469 positives, 113,503 tests, 18.9% positive results
Tues March 31 - 24,240 positives, 104,117 tests, 23.3% positive results
Wed April 1 - 26,000 positives, 100,989 tests, 25.8% positive results

fermun has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

why the gently caress are airports paying rent

most major airports have been open at minimum a few decades now, they should be outright owning the land they're on by now

edit: this is for canada

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

listen you maroon do yuo think I just land near the landlord and pay the rent??

Maybe land ON your landlord next time, times like these are for thinking outside the box

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SKULL.GIF posted:

why the gently caress are airports paying rent

most major airports have been open at minimum a few decades now, they should be outright owning the land they're on by now

they lease the land from cities.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

why the gently caress are they talking about drug interdiction

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Burn Zone posted:

cause this whole thing will blow over in a week!!!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i know it helps nothing but holy gently caress we are so loving hosed

like, turbo loving hosed

this is bad

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

somnambulist posted:

I was discharged from the hospital after being there for 5 days. I tested positive for Covid 19 , I was super sick for 2 weeks prior to going to hospital, I was trying to ride it out (I’m 35 , no health conditions) but I finally went to the ER and I had pneumonia in both lungs.

I’m resting at home again, I’m still loving scared and I’m not sure if I can just lay down in the same bed I was sick in. poo poo sucks guys, :(

I know we're not big on organized religion here, and I'm the definition of a lapsed Catholic, but I did just say a little prayer for you. Stay safe and get better.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If our social distancing isn't doing anything people are going to just go back outside and the won't even be wrong

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Burn Zone posted:

Um, they're also kicking up poo poo with Iran and China. Keep up, geez. :rolleye:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shovelbum posted:

If our social distancing isn't doing anything people are going to just go back outside and the won't even be wrong

gently caress that, I'm not going

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
30,000 new cases a day hachi machi

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

number go up!

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Slow Graffiti posted:

I know we're not big on organized religion here, and I'm the definition of a lapsed Catholic, but I did just say a little prayer for you. Stay safe and get better.

a lot of people are realizing the Power of Prayer

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

twoday posted:

this made me wonder, if you have like 10 n95 masks and just rotate them, wouldn't that kill most of the virus in the masks? Maybe useful in absence of all other decontamination measures?

It works for condoms

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

DryGoods posted:

wish you would answer my prayers and ban yourself

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

What do you mean the numbers going up? How could china do this to us?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Schnorkles posted:

folks, number go uuuup

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

somnambulist posted:

I was discharged from the hospital after being there for 5 days. I tested positive for Covid 19 , I was super sick for 2 weeks prior to going to hospital, I was trying to ride it out (I’m 35 , no health conditions) but I finally went to the ER and I had pneumonia in both lungs.

I’m resting at home again, I’m still loving scared and I’m not sure if I can just lay down in the same bed I was sick in. poo poo sucks guys, :(

Please feel better!

Need a Cum Infection Survivor tag.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Notice that even like every single decrepit eastern european klepto state has easily controlled this lmao

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

We hosed up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SorePotato posted:

What do you mean the numbers going up? How could china do this to us?

I love the stark contrast between the US stance of "OF COURSE NUMBER GO UP IF WE TEST PEOPLE, STOP TESTING, DUMMIES" and us also being mad that China under-reported

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

Everything is NOT coming up schnorkles i am workign day and night

It's your job to keep the skies safe, thank you

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

So if the US balkanizes over this how do you think all the regions will do?

Betting the great lakes area will be alright, we got fresh water and beans, which is everything you need for life.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

I hope the Scandinavian goons take good care of this place

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Durf posted:

i've noticed a lot more firetrucks rolling out lately

I assume from all the people cooking for the first time

could be, some places the fire engines are where the paramedics live and the ambulances just have BLS staffing

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Was that an oh my god in the background

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
My work is definitely pulling some bullshit. I posted about it in the capitalism.png thread a couple weeks ago because I was debating taking a week off. Well I did, but then I came back this week and holy poo poo I didn't think I could lose more respect for my company.

I work for an engineering firm in Illinois. Probably like 70 people in the building. I don't do anything engineering related though; I've been in our cafe area for over years now. There are 4 of us who work in the cafe, usually 3 at a time. The fourth is a floater who covers days off. So when I heard that one of us was already going to be out last week I took the week off too. I urged my manager to do the same because then they'd just have to close it, but she didn't so w/e. So it was just two of them all week. I gave them plenty of notice what I was planning and how I REALLY didn't want them to blame the wrong person (me) since we should be closed to begin with. I did feel guilty anyway all week, even though I know I shouldn't have. So when I came back Monday I was kind of looking forward to making sure everyone didn't hate me. My co-workers (well, a different one was out all this week so not all of them) were fine, but so far this week what's happened is:

-I came in Monday to find out the other co worker was off all week. So I've been working an earlier morning shift and closing earlier, with just two of us.
-We find out that outside visitors are coming in more than once. This is after we were told Pepsi maintenance couldn't enter the building to fix our pop machine.
-We celebrated "(insert co. name) Day" today. This involved hanging up pointless flyers with generic feel-goody messages about teamwork and poo poo. It also involved 6 or 7 people setting up an elaborate picnic setting outside the building so they could pose for a picture of them "drinking" (lemonade from wine glasses) before tearing it all down. A solid waste of at least an hour.
-We've been busier than ever, because literally no other restaurants are open (for good reason) so people are just making sure they don't have to use their own groceries at home. So not only are we swamped, we're being exposed to the most people in a confined area.
-On that note, I was told today we will be intentionally short staffed next week. They think having 3 people in our area is bad "for perception" so we'll just have two when we really could use three around lunch it gets so busy. It's worth noting that our area is small enough that even 2 people can't be more than 6 feet apart anyway. Thus the pointlessness of our being open at all.
-It has all but been plainly stated that the only reason the cafe is open is to feed the engineers/the ceo. Partially true, because it's most likely entirely because the ceo wants people to make him lunch. If he was out of town during this everyone agrees 100% we'd be closed.

So now I'm considering taking NEXT week off as well. I know it's going to be miserable, and frankly our governor gave us the shut down order two weeks ago so it's literally just the right thing to do.

I'm also looking for a new job.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Blockade posted:

Betting the great lakes area will be alright, we got fresh water and beans, which is everything you need for life.

u will be nuked by montana

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

DryGoods posted:

Mother said I was allowed

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Blockade posted:

PNW and the west coast will thrive without stupid national policies written by republicans constraining them. we'll make a killing on transit fees for all the stuff china ships to the midwest

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
gently caress these press members and gently caress everything what hot loving garbage

has no one asked the dumb fucks in uniform about the navy vessel with like 50+ infected on it?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

SK owns

any numbers from North Korea yet or have they gone dark like in World War Z

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Durf posted:

SK owns

any numbers from North Korea yet or have they gone dark like in World War Z

I think they're reporting zero cases but have locked down anyway

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

fewer vehicle accidents, traumas, fatal violence, shootings, etc. maybe?

lmao nah we're gonna find out that elective medical procedures and going to the hospital for minor diseases is like the number one killer in America lmao

Crime in NYC dropped like 50%

domestic abuse way up tho

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Wow, quite the scrambling they're doing publicly right now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Wow, quite the scrambling they're doing publicly right now.

what's happening

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grimdude posted:

My work is definitely pulling some bullshit. I posted about it in the capitalism.png thread a couple weeks ago because I was debating taking a week off. Well I did, but then I came back this week and holy poo poo I didn't think I could lose more respect for my company.

I work for an engineering firm in Illinois. Probably like 70 people in the building. I don't do anything engineering related though; I've been in our cafe area for over years now. There are 4 of us who work in the cafe, usually 3 at a time. The fourth is a floater who covers days off. So when I heard that one of us was already going to be out last week I took the week off too. I urged my manager to do the same because then they'd just have to close it, but she didn't so w/e. So it was just two of them all week. I gave them plenty of notice what I was planning and how I REALLY didn't want them to blame the wrong person (me) since we should be closed to begin with. I did feel guilty anyway all week, even though I know I shouldn't have. So when I came back Monday I was kind of looking forward to making sure everyone didn't hate me. My co-workers (well, a different one was out all this week so not all of them) were fine, but so far this week what's happened is:

-I came in Monday to find out the other co worker was off all week. So I've been working an earlier morning shift and closing earlier, with just two of us.
-We find out that outside visitors are coming in more than once. This is after we were told Pepsi maintenance couldn't enter the building to fix our pop machine.
-We celebrated "(insert co. name) Day" today. This involved hanging up pointless flyers with generic feel-goody messages about teamwork and poo poo. It also involved 6 or 7 people setting up an elaborate picnic setting outside the building so they could pose for a picture of them "drinking" (lemonade from wine glasses) before tearing it all down. A solid waste of at least an hour.
-We've been busier than ever, because literally no other restaurants are open (for good reason) so people are just making sure they don't have to use their own groceries at home. So not only are we swamped, we're being exposed to the most people in a confined area.
-On that note, I was told today we will be intentionally short staffed next week. They think having 3 people in our area is bad "for perception" so we'll just have two when we really could use three around lunch it gets so busy. It's worth noting that our area is small enough that even 2 people can't be more than 6 feet apart anyway. Thus the pointlessness of our being open at all.
-It has all but been plainly stated that the only reason the cafe is open is to feed the engineers/the ceo. Partially true, because it's most likely entirely because the ceo wants people to make him lunch. If he was out of town during this everyone agrees 100% we'd be closed.

So now I'm considering taking NEXT week off as well. I know it's going to be miserable, and frankly our governor gave us the shut down order two weeks ago so it's literally just the right thing to do.

I'm also looking for a new job.

malicious compliance or a straight up work stoppage until they agree to shift operations to something safer for all of you, like you just make a bunch of take-out stuff with doors closed and CEO gets whatever he wants or whatever, imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
My family friend/union brother that died was, at least per his Facebook, doing all the right things in terms of social distancing/staying at home as of several weeks ago.