Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

god just likes to click the tornado button sometimes it's your own fault for not moving out of the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Apraxin posted:

governor potato has also apparently just realized that cornavirus cannot be defeated by prayer alone
https://twitter.com/WLOX/status/1245450702111023105

quote:

“Every day, for the last several weeks, I have asked our health experts whether it is time for the ultimate action of a shelter-in-place order statewide,” Reeves said. “Yesterday, for the first time, we got the answer we had been anticipating. They told me we are now at the point in Mississippi’s cycle where such drastic restrictions are required. Today is the day. We are announcing a shelter-in-place order.”

Read more here: https://www.sunherald.com/news/coro...o#storylink=cpy

I love how he has to act like he's been just waiting, waiting, waiting for the right moment, rather than being screamed at by all sides from everywhere in the world that he needs to do this. It's far far far too late now, and tens of thousands of MS residents are going to die that didn't need to if he had done the right thing. But of course he's already begun the blame-shifting process by claiming he's been asking health experts every day about it. No you loving haven't, Tate, nobody loving believes you.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Dustcat posted:

god just likes to click the tornado button sometimes it's your own fault for not moving out of the way

drat right, god is just up there doing things, muttering "if you little fucks acted like Jesus like I told you to, most of this poo poo wouldn't be so bad"

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

congrats everyone, we did it!!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

What's the point of building a civilization Sim if you can't destroy it with the disaster bar

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Lokar posted:

https://twitter.com/sarahspain/status/1245469289408323586?s=21

my husband and I are having the “what if one/both of us dies” conversation

I need to write a will so my cats don’t wind up in a kill shelter.

lol death

I need to have the same conversation but I don't know anyone who would take my kitties. I guess you can stipulate what shelter they go to. Ugh, now I've got sad brain. It will go away soon because I took a bunch of mushrooms earlier now that I don't have a job

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

fermun posted:

your husband would put your cats in a kill shelter if you died and didn't have a will saying not to do that?

no it is if we both died: my parents hate animals and would probably just dump them off in a nearby shelter (yes, they wanted to vote for Bloomberg)

I just need to talk to some friends or coworkers but I don’t have a will so ??? I have to write down my wishes on a napkin I guess

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
theres gonna be a really dumb number on 4/20, like 420,420 cases in the US

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Cats can definitely get it and spread it and serve as a non human reservoir but no one knows yet how contagious they are to humans

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m supposed to start work on 4/20 and they want to train me from home but I’m still gonna be high

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

I'm praying for deliverance, from this existence. Oh poo poo, what if God said"gently caress it" and answered my prayer and he's taking out humanity with it. My bad guys.

It's alright poo poo happens sometimes

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

About two years ago, on a hunch, I had my wife sell out a good chunk of our Roth IRA and pay off a lot of debt. I also had her move the traditional IRA to safer investments. I had her check it a few days ago and it was around the same as it was 2 years ago (when the stock market was ~27k), even after the crash. I figured this was the reason I had that feeling, and I would much rather keep my wife alive now than have an extra whatever in the bank when I'm 65. I am going to have to work until I die anyways since the growth on that IRA will never match inflation.

The new stimulus bill allowed penalty-free withdrawal from IRAs, so I will be suckling on that teat for a while.

SchrodingersCat has issued a correction as of 00:54 on Apr 2, 2020

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

shovelbum posted:

Cats can definitely get it and spread it and serve as a non human reservoir but no one knows yet how contagious they are to humans

But they're fine yeah? Because if it kills the cats then holy gently caress why aren't we stopping this thing already

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CODChimera posted:

The US death count per one million population is actually behind quite a few countries

The number at this exact moment means nothing. It hit different countries at different times. The number that matters is what we are at when it's over.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CODChimera posted:

But they're fine yeah? Because if it kills the cats then holy gently caress why aren't we stopping this thing already

It makes them quite sick I think?

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

shovelbum posted:

Cats can infect each other with coronavirus, Chinese study finds

my older cat likes to sneeze directly in my face, and the other hobo cat likes to lick my husband nostrils

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

shovelbum posted:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lokar posted:

my older cat likes to sneeze directly in my face, and the other hobo cat likes to lick my husband nostrils

Coming soon human fip lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Dogs keep winning

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I piss on god
I piss on cats

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

:vince:

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

quote:

About a week after the cat’s owner started showing symptoms, the cat also developed breathing difficulties, diarrhoea and vomiting

goddamn my tiny condo is going to be disgusting

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

We just passed a thousand dead in a day! Mazel tov!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

anime was right posted:

fountains of wayne is named after a fountain store in wayne new jersey. they sell lawn fountains and lawn fountain accessories.

That totally just jogged my memory about a scene in the Sopranos and sure enough, it's the same place.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

We just passed a thousand dead in a day! Mazel tov!

Working hard, thank you!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Well, bats are more like cats than rodents. Is know.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol still childishly, pathetically clinging to this '200k' figure as we woosh by 1,000 deaths a day at the very very bottom of the left side of the bell curve

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lokar posted:

just lmao if the BCG map is actually a map of pet cats per capita, with the lower cat ownership countries having less COVID because they have fewer animal reservoirs crawling around their homes

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Tei posted:

Well, bats are more like cats than rodents. Is know.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if they have trouble sourcing them, i'm confident our nation's sewing circles will organize to start making these desperately needed body bags for our brave first responders

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My cat is really old so if she got sick then that'd be rip I think. :(

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Bip Roberts posted:

I piss on god
I piss on cats

I don't kink shame

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

just lmao if the BCG map is actually a map of pet cats per capita, with the lower cat ownership countries having less COVID because they have fewer animal reservoirs crawling around their homes

Aren't italy and egypt both crawling with ferals

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1245463763526062084
whoopsie-doodle

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I think I read this book or one like it as a child

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Turkey would have been 100% dead a month ago if this were true

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Clocks posted:

My cat is really old so if she got sick then that'd be rip I think. :(

Dunno if they get sick, just act as carriers

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

are we the first to break 1k?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm gonna take a gamble that holding on to this umbrella will enable me to fly like mary poppins as i step off the roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245471111648890884?s=19