Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

Fuckin rad who's ready for more government services to be privatized

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1245022842585878528?s=19

People who purport to know more about US political history than I do claim that killing the USPS has been a GOP white whale for years, because it both has a strong union and operates in a way that disproves everything Reagan and his followers claim about big government inefficiency.

Regardless of any political motivation, the fact that the "richest" country in the world can't maintain its own mail system is fuckin laughable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have friends employed by the USPS, that's godawful. NYC/Nawlins/etc folks stay safe. Things seem relatively sane here atm but that might just be the isolation talking.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C-Euro posted:

People who purport to know more about US political history than I do claim that killing the USPS has been a GOP white whale for years, because it both has a strong union and operates in a way that disproves everything Reagan and his followers claim about big government inefficiency.

Regardless of any political motivation, the fact that the "richest" country in the world can't maintain its own mail system is fuckin laughable.

hmmm why is it in crisis oh i know let's check on the bush administration

quote:

According to the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, the United States Postal Service must make annual payments of between $5.4 billion and $5.8 billion to the Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund from 2007 to 2016. Contrary to many reports, these payments are not to prefund 75 years worth of retirement health benefits,[4] PAEA did not require USPS to prefund 75 years of retiree health benefits over a 10-year period. Rather, pursuant to OPM's methodology, such payments would be projected to fund the liability over a period in excess of 50 years,[5] from 2007 through 2056 and beyond (with rolling 15-year amortization periods after 2041).[6] This pre-funding method is unique to the USPS.In June 2011, the United States Postal Service had to suspend its weekly payment of $115 million into the fund because it had reached $8 billion in debt and the retirement plan had a surplus of $6.9 billion.[7]

yeah that'll do a number on your finances

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Glumslinger posted:

Reminder that government running the post office is in the loving constitution, but no one seems to give a poo poo about it

There's a lot of things in the Constitution that we're ignoring. The post office may be the least of them.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I mean "USPS is bleeding money!" has been a thing for years but I thought there was a period of time recently where Amazon was doing most if not all of its deliveries through them, which was turning things around.

If the government can deliver bombs to the Middle East why can't they also deliver fleshlights to its citizens amirtie fellas :razz:

The Glumslinger posted:

Reminder that government running the post office is in the loving constitution, but no one seems to give a poo poo about it

The Constitution: only worth paying attention to when it's convenient for my desires.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If any sizable portion of congress thought letting the postal service die was a politically tenable position, they’d have done it a long time ago.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Get ready for the worst April Fools joke:

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_OJSimpson32/status/1245490131584286722

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

C-Euro posted:

The Constitution: only worth paying attention to when it's convenient for my desires.

:yeah:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That’s not his account. He’s TheRealOJ32.

You can tell if it’s a real OJ account because all he posts are videos lol

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1245434661196550144?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

shirts and skins posted:

poo poo, that's hard. I went through the same thing, my daughter hated breastfeeding. It's maddening when they're pissed off but just won't eat. Dunno how old your kid is, but getting past a year was a game changer for us. As soon as she could really eat solid foods she took off.

He’s just past a year, but is around 11 months adjusted because he was born 8 weeks early. He’s been eating purées for the last few months and is moving on to things like crackers. I am hoping when he hits that one year adjusted mark that he gets a lot better at eating real food.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

He’s just past a year, but is around 11 months adjusted because he was born 8 weeks early. He’s been eating purées for the last few months and is moving on to things like crackers. I am hoping when he hits that one year adjusted mark that he gets a lot better at eating real food.

Under one, just for fun, or so they say. My coworker's daughter was a lot like your son, had a hell of a time gaining weight. Turns out she was just waiting for solids. Your kid will get there in his own way, never fear. And getting him to 24% is already pretty dang good!

We took the bottle away when our daughter hit one. Cow milk from sippy cups only! Sucked for a few days but about a week in she was a great eater.

Just try not to get too annoyed at him tossing his food away, it's usually the only way they know how to get rid of things. If he does that try to offer him a separate plate to put his food on, that was a lifesaver for us.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Episode II is complete junk but nicknaming the Jedi Council the old folks home is an amazing touch

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

C-Euro posted:

Republicans really hate the postal service. At least the ones around here. They even make dickish laws that gently caress their bottom line.

efb

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Episode II is complete junk but nicknaming the Jedi Council the old folks home is an amazing touch

I like the balconies that look like vaginas at Geonosis Arena

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

That tweet owns

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

swickles posted:

Who we gonna invade to kill even more young people?

they are still pretty horned up for iran

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/people/status/1245345220633509888?s=20

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1245365161503928320

Juked into the next dimension

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thaddius the Large posted:

You all laugh, but Melissa Joan Hart’s Imelda Marcos was art

It was the first time a miniseries was sponsored by both Vera Wang and Caterpillar.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Whose Wife Is It Anyway?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ABC7NY/status/1245492754169430018

ding dongs who think coronavirus isn't real keep trying to kill people because [rants and raves go here]

General Dog posted:

Whose Wife Is It Anyway?

ayyy

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

swickles posted:

Also, right now I am ok for PPE. I am mostly doing computer work for research since all the trials I am in have been suspended. I also spend time fixing things. Anesthesiologists are the only doctors in the hospital that have to be able to repair their equipment on the fly, and since an anesthesiology machine is just a amped up ventilator, I have been conscripted. So my patient contact is limited at this point. But Florida gonna explode so we'll see if that changes. Surprisingly Miami Dade County has had comparatively few hospitalizations compared to other places.

Legitimate offer if needed, I'm a few hours north of you and dont have a TON of stuff, but if poo poo does go south I do have a small supply of masks, face shields and nitrile gloves if you need or cant get some for yourself. I'm sure we could figure out a way to get stuff down to you if it does hit that point.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

iwentdoodie posted:

Legitimate offer if needed, I'm a few hours north of you and dont have a TON of stuff, but if poo poo does go south I do have a small supply of masks, face shields and nitrile gloves if you need or cant get some for yourself. I'm sure we could figure out a way to get stuff down to you if it does hit that point.

Thanks, but I think I will be ok!

I am watching the episode of DS9 where Sisko, Bashir, and Dax get transported back to when the massive riots started that led to the US start addressing major social issues like housing, medical care, and job security. The year was 2024 so good news everyone who doesn't die in the next 4 years.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

drat the Fountains of Wayne guy died.

WHAT

NO

WHICH ONE?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
gently caress it was Adam. Man. This sucks.

Even if you don’t know Fountain’s of Wayne you’ve likely jammed to their stuff. He wrote the soundtrack to That Thing You Do

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

General Dog posted:

Whose Wife Is It Anyway?

:vince:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

It’s junk, but at the time 12-year old me had some thoughts about Natalie Portman. :heysexy:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC7NY/status/1245492754169430018

ding dongs who think coronavirus isn't real keep trying to kill people because [rants and raves go here]

Guys a psycho but I’m inordinately pleased to know that there’s a very specific train wrecking charge.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Have we considered the possibility that trains may be a malevolent entity, and that interest in trains may actually be the cause of autism rather than a symptom?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Thanks, but I think I will be ok!

I am watching the episode of DS9 where Sisko, Bashir, and Dax get transported back to when the massive riots started that led to the US start addressing major social issues like housing, medical care, and job security. The year was 2024 so good news everyone who doesn't die in the next 4 years.

Yeah, but in the Star Trek timeline WW3 had already happened by now IIRC. So maybe everything's been pushed back like Judgment Day.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

Have we considered the possibility that trains may be a malevolent entity, and that interest in trains may actually be the cause of autism rather than a symptom?

Bazinga.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just read the April Fools within the April Fools and lol that's actually a job well done by the admins.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What was the second dimension prank?

Did they not tell the mods who were being fake perma'd beforehand?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

What was the second dimension prank?

Did they not tell the mods who were being fake perma'd beforehand?

They said they couldn't un-reverse the bans / probations because of radium's bad code (something along the lines of "the forum breaks if you probate longer than a 1000 hours or something") and a bunch of mods started to panic, but that in itself was a joke.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Yeah, I would love the Cliff's notes version.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oh great, apparently the one person trying to keep us alive is getting death threats

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1245504893567283200?s=20

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

No, it's entirely due to this ad

https://twitter.com/CursedAds/status/1245520547401928705

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I enjoyed the model train museum when I was in San Diego :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Be kind of cool if we had local news reporters still who could go through this sort of stuff over the upcoming months to figure out just how many deaths are going to be covered up, but oh well:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1245539683221868544

Also make sure you vote for Dems, otherwise you'll get terrible austerity like uh, New York:

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/status/1245497248508776454