Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Skypie posted:

had to stop for gas on the way home and the gas station manager was interrogating some dude about stealing a candy bar

who the gently caress cares about a $1 snickers bar right now

corporate still cares and they'll shitcan the manager over it

also, :69snypa:

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

shovelbum posted:

Why can't it be right? It's spreading completely unchecked despite a lockdown and 20% of cases will die without hospital, these are like obvious facts

Play video games and chill.

President Trump is on it.

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

shovelbum posted:

The math of 20% dead without treatment including young people and America completely failing at social distancing is terrifying me to the point I can't even get out of bed in the morning, no one seems to be afraid enough at all even in here

Sucks if true but your numbers may yet be on the high side and it's just a skullfuck of a disaster.
Have you never played Russian roulette?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nice

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

lmaopocalypse posted:

Sucks if true but your numbers may yet be on the high side and it's just a skullfuck of a disaster.
Have you never played Russian roulette?

No because I'm a huge wimp and coward

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

SchrodingersCat posted:

So I start my two month leave of absence today. Now starts the two week countdown to see if I caught it before I fled from my building.

The skilled nursing facility I work in has now welched on its promise to take in no pts with respiratory symptoms and is now actively admitting pts to our quarantined plague floor and demanding that therapy provide services to them. Therapists are given one mask a week and no other equipment and must spend 45-60 minutes per session in direct contact with pts, within a space of 1-2 feet.

I hope none of my co-workers die. I feel bad for going on leave but if I bring it home to my wife she will likely die.

A few of my co-workers were crying today as I left because, financially, they have no choice but to work.

You have to protect your wife. I think you did the right thing. Fingers crossed for you

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't know what the answer is for the violent criminals but for nonviolent criminals let them out

you'll have to remind everyone that not every prisoner is a cartoon villain first.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

3.6 roentgen isn't that bad. Essentially a coin flip if you live or die from that amount of ionizing radiation.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This is going to go endemic in the US and none of us will ever be able to leave again in our lifetime lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

just stay in bed and post, its the safest thing you can do right now

Yeah it's fun. Just don't look outside. Or go outside. Or

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hidalgo & Webb County have likely the harshest COVID-19 measures implemented in the United States lol.

$1000 fine to anybody not wearing a mask if you enter a building not your home.

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot
The month and year is 4/20

The page is 69

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

unrelated but remember like last year someone found a bucket of uranium like sitting next to an exhibit at a museum bus loads of kids would visit.

edit: oh yeah my brother and my nephews went there too like a week before they noticed the glowing bucket

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Stacy's Mom guy dying :( god drat man. He was 52.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

3.6 roentgen isn't that bad. Essentially a coin flip if you live or die from that amount of ionizing radiation.

um did you see this show

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

shovelbum posted:

This is going to go endemic in the US and none of us will ever be able to leave again in our lifetime lol

Post apocalypse The Road fashion. General interpersonal distancing, we hang out less in person in general and eventually its just part of postapocalyptic life

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

gregday posted:

um did you see this show

LOL

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

shovelbum posted:

A lot of people are going to die. It isn't going to be 20% of people and it isn't going to last our entire lifetimes unless we're are one of those lots of people. You are Azrying.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

The math of 20% dead without treatment including young people and America completely failing at social distancing is terrifying me to the point I can't even get out of bed in the morning, no one seems to be afraid enough at all even in here

this is how I feel about it too but I don't want to freak my wife out by freaking out so I keep a lid on it externally, I think a lot of people still have not grasped that they, personally, are going to be traumatized horribly by this, at the very LEAST emotionally. there's just a gnawing pit in my stomach when I think about it too much. When I have had to go out I can't help but look around me in horror at all the people who seem utterly unconcerned. I live in south MS, so there's a lot of republicans here who are mostly annoyed that they're having to change anything for something they seem to think is mostly a problem for other people. meanwhile wal mart is like cleaned the gently caress out. but corner market and the asian markets are pretty much fully stocked like a couple blocks away.

the apocalypse is so much more confusing and banal than I expected it to be, so far

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

MoaM posted:

you'll have to remind everyone that not every prisoner is a cartoon villain first.

It's so depressing because it's true

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Stacy's Mom was a real piece of poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

fear isnt a healthy reaction to a viral pandemic

That's not true, if nobody got out of bed 14 days straight this thing would be solved no problem

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

A lot of people are going to die. It isn't going to be 20% of people and it isn't going to last our entire lifetimes unless we're are one of those lots of people. You are Azrying.

No one can tell me why it won't be 20%, hospitalization is 20% AND RISING and we'll essentially have no hospitals in 3 weeks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

That's not true, if nobody got out of bed 14 days straight this thing would be solved no problem

u got to want to leave at the end

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Yuli Ban posted:

The month and year is 4/20

The page is 69

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

shovelbum posted:

Most people come within 20 feet of where an outdoor cat has been in the past several hours daily lol

not anymore they don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FDPgvm2l0

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

gregday posted:

um did you see this show

What show?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1245457959829864448?s=20

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And in the US without BCG we're seeing similar effects across all age ranges so it'll gut the workforce like the Spanish flu times ten

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Air in your house comes from somewhere

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

thought this was an onion post at first and they had to close the grand canyon because some guy coughed on it

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Trump is planning a black ops operation to take control of the largest stockpile of ventilators; he will save the American Economy by enacting the Trump Ventilator Market within the United States...

Governors will no longer bid against each other, but participate in bidding conferences put together by the Trump Organization where

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

shovelbum posted:

No one can tell me why it won't be 20%, hospitalization is 20% AND RISING and we'll essentially have no hospitals in 3 weeks

Hospitalization is not 20% and rising even among the people that actually manage to get a test. This is a very big deal that is going to kill millions worldwide and throw the economy in to a depression. It isn't going to kill a billion people and end humanity as we know it.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Had a couple customers roll their eyes at my facemask today. One of them told me that Rush Limbaugh says the recovered cases are very high, so it's all overblown! Retail has always sucked, but it's even worse knowing every one of these dipshits could be the one to infect me.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Shoot man, why is everybody freaking out?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

shovelbum posted:

we'll essentially have no hospitals in 3 weeks

alright, yeah

but what did you buy pfizer (PFE) at?

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
Posting on a nice page.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

D1E posted:

Shoot man, why is everybody freaking out?

trump

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GOD IS BED posted:

Had a couple customers roll their eyes at my facemask today. One of them told me that Rush Limbaugh says the recovered cases are very high, so it's all overblown! Retail has always sucked, but it's even worse knowing every one of these dipshits could be the one to infect me.

Tell them in addition to excellent customer service, you'd be happy to serve them a cough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Despite all my purell this is still just a