Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shovelbum posted:

Yeah the norm is 6 this is 1 in 5 if you're like a college athlete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I think we should -- now hear me out -- do this:

1. Nationalize every for profit healthcare facility.
2. Hang all their CEOs and "administrators" from the lamp posts.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Covid thread sounding shook tonight

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
It's hard not to freak out when everyone sane realizes if we all just stay inside as much as possible, wear masks when out and don't goof around we'll be fine

Then 90% of America decides to party/hit the bars/beaches/parks and not give a poo poo so the state of quasi lockdown stretches to infinity while those who worry keep spiraling into more worry and those who don't just keep having fun

Anecdotally, the fear is also making a lot of people panic and act stupid. I know multiple people's spouses who are constantly trying to go to the grocery store to make sure it's not sold out of stuff and without constant updates that they themselves observe they freak out until just running out of the house to go shopping and relax, stupidly

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Asproigerosis posted:

The bigger question is probably not who gets a vent, but who do you rip off a vent when they aren't improving and a better prognosis patient needs one

now do PPE.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thesaurus posted:

buddy, we're hosed, they wont even let us gently caress us

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

I 69% agree with this post.

nice

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

mrmcd posted:

this would save a lot of lives but sadly we're not in the saving lives business here

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

mrmcd posted:

hmm tell me more

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

shovelbum posted:

Nowhere on the planet is unhealthy like us

Our response is one of the worst on the planet, I've been saying something similar. 10-20% no doubt.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

mastershakeman posted:

It's hard not to freak out when everyone sane realizes if we all just stay inside as much as possible, wear masks when out and don't goof around we'll be fine

Then 90% of America decides to party/hit the bars/beaches/parks and not give a poo poo so the state of quasi lockdown stretches to infinity while those who worry keep spiraling into more worry and those who don't just keep having fun

soudns like a polarised society or something

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

CODChimera posted:

Stop freaking out about percentages

69%

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

shovelbum posted:

Are they triaging based on useful rebuilding skills at all? A young doctor or crane operator or whatever who had a bad mole removed decades ago should probably get some consideration

I got bad news for the budding anime appraisers.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Welcome to C-SPAM the only place with less resiliency than the American economy

hey Number is still keeping its head above water

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

gently caress

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

this thread is going to have a body count by the end of the month if people keep freaking themselves out like this

I'll order the body bags

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Nothus posted:

I got bad news for the budding anime appraisers.

Can't have 3DPD in the new world of 0 contact, we're gonna need EXCEPTIONAL levels of waifus

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

CODChimera posted:

hey Number is still keeping its head above water

swimming in the shallow end with lead shoes.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That's a good % so I'll take it

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Island wide mandatory lockdown is now 7pm in Puerto Rico.

It's cool, I can sit on my balcony over a usually busy street and just listen to the coqui frogs

Also got a mother loving HAMMOCK in the mail today for the balcony!! I'm ready for anything now

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
lmao this is terrible news
https://twitter.com/badler/status/1245518098280722437

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

It's cool, I can sit on my balcony over a usually busy street and just listen to the coqui frogs

Also got a mother loving HAMMOCK in the mail today for the balcony!! I'm ready for anything now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eFvjgMP-LU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Thesaurus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fQESUBMwGg

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

hello sir i just need you to stay conscious long enough to go through your triage worksheet, can you tell me, how much can you bench press? do you have previous experience fighting large predatory mammals? have you ever found yourself replying to someone before they had actually asked you a question? when you close your eyes, do you ever see a giant eye staring back at you?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

post your new fave apolalypse songs itt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdUfAE5Rz8

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

Also the testing won't show people who got it and walked it off until we get the antibody test. Very lol stuff folks

At the loving rate we're going the antibody test is just never going to happen

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

MoaM posted:

now do PPE.

Nobody gets to wear ppe. Don't like it? You're fired and we're reporting you to your licensing body for dereliction of duty.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump sent LA county nothing but broken machines, they had to try to fix them on their own.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

actually millions and millions do not work

oh lol you’re talking about the ventilators

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/sethmpk/status/1245396330530385923?s=19

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

an enterprising company will need start-up funds to fix the ventilators, which hedge fund can we dip into?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

give them gundams

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/kemp-deploys-national-guard-help-nursing-homes-battle-virus/C3U1Y2sruwohhpw3FSVuoO/

Kemp is sending the National Guard to the infected nursing facilities. I can see in no way this can go wrong

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sumb3GYuAT8

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thesaurus posted:

It's been a rough month this April

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This isn't the first time he's said that, but it IS the first time he's said that about something other than black people

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

At the loving rate we're going the antibody test is just never going to happen

We'll say we're going to deploy millions of serology tests and only allow the positive back to work, but in the end we'll just force everyone to lie about being positive and cover-up most of the deaths.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The logic is sound: people can't violate social distancing rules if the NYPD kills everyone.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/kemp-deploys-national-guard-help-nursing-homes-battle-virus/C3U1Y2sruwohhpw3FSVuoO/

Kemp is sending the National Guard to the infected nursing facilities. I can see in no way this can go wrong

:confused:

for people leaving...or visiting?

or....for staying?...

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress I’m stupid