Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bell_ posted:

Because there's so many random possibilities for villagers, is it worth picking a villager on a nook island with the intention of trading them away? I found Zucker. I have no feelings about this guy, already have Octavian, but as consisting picking him up anyways.
how does trading away work?

Zucker is one of the villagers I want the most on my island, possibly the number 1 :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Southern hemisphere got the ladybug.

That's it. That's the end of the list.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat the bass is so strong on the 8o clock there it rattles my den's wetbar

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I heard once we reach capacity, some of our folks can be encouraged to leave. I haven't even reached that point, and Teddy is telling me he wants to go.

I think at that point, if someone comes to my island they may be able to convince him to move to their own island.

Either way, pressing the button on this guy. I'll find him his forever home later.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Do villagers still ask you to change their catchphrase or their nicknames for you? I've had nothing of that so far, when they ping me it's always for reactions (rip that weird guy who I fed fruit to) or to give me stuff.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bell_ posted:

Because there's so many random possibilities for villagers, is it worth picking a villager on a nook island with the intention of trading them away? I found Zucker. I have no feelings about this guy, already have Octavian, but as consisting picking him up anyways.

Why do so many people have this amazing takoyaki octopus?!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bell_ posted:

I heard once we reach capacity, some of our folks can be encouraged to leave. I haven't even reached that point, and Teddy is telling me he wants to go.

I think at that point, if someone comes to my island they may be able to convince him to move to their own island.

Either way, pressing the button on this guy. I'll find him his forever home later.

When you're at capacity then no more island nerds show up, but you can get random ones from the campsite

If it's a random villager from the campsite you can win a minigame (pick a card) and they'll say a villager of yours is moving out. You don't get to choose and you either take that offer or leave it (winning the minigame again they'll just ask to evict the same one you said no too earlier)

If the villager in the campsite is one from an amiibo you can choose who you evict from a list to replace- the villager you give the boot to is bugged out though and will ruin a persons save file. Don't adopt amiibo kicked villagers.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

eating only apples posted:

Do villagers still ask you to change their catchphrase or their nicknames for you? I've had nothing of that so far, when they ping me it's always for reactions (rip that weird guy who I fed fruit to) or to give me stuff.

Today I had my first villager give me a nickname, so it’s definitely in the game, but also not as prevalent as it was in New Leaf

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

eating only apples posted:

Why do so many people have this amazing takoyaki octopus?!

When you recruit villagers early in the game you're forced to pick a lazy villager, he's in that pool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You don't get to choose

what the gently caress Nintendo

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
What I don't understand is the mechanic for villagers leaving.

I have like, 5 I could easily turf, and 2 of them I've been actively trying to drive out by ignoring them. Suddenly Gayle, who I haven't been ignoring, tells me she wants to leave while the other two are happy to just be annoying around me all day.

I'm letting her go because she was on my "eh" list, but, like, gently caress.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Goodpart posted:

What I don't understand is the mechanic for villagers leaving.

I have like, 5 I could easily turf, and 2 of them I've been actively trying to drive out by ignoring them. Suddenly Gayle, who I haven't been ignoring, tells me she wants to leave while the other two are happy to just be annoying around me all day.

I'm letting her go because she was on my "eh" list, but, like, gently caress.

It's randomly decided, nothing you do impacts if anyone wants to leave or stay.

Just good to vent at people you hate :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

With the power of Amiibo capitalism, you can play God with your villagers!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Are these eggs just for crafting? Should I be hoarding them? The sky is dumping way too many on me it's becoming annoying :grumpy:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
oh my third complaint is that the watering can should be infinite

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wondered if anything you did even mattered. Back in New Leaf I started hitting one of my villagers with a bug net and ignoring him for a week at a time, but he only got more convinced that I was the special best friend destiny had decided to bring him to forever :sigh:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Troublemaker

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My gat dang turnips dropped to 63. I'm not selling at that much of a loss, I've been busy all week when folk were doing things. Thanks work. Bleh.

I'm not selling at that much a loss.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dang, I'm not having any luck with finding a Jewel Beetle. One Nook Island I visited was filled with the water bugs, the next I was able to encourage to spawn an atlas moth by picking all the flowers, but I'm not getting any beetle spawns after cutting down the trees.

e: Complaining works! Got one. Think I just need a turtle, flea, and Agrias Butterfly

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When you're at capacity then no more island nerds show up, but you can get random ones from the campsite

If it's a random villager from the campsite you can win a minigame (pick a card) and they'll say a villager of yours is moving out. You don't get to choose and you either take that offer or leave it (winning the minigame again they'll just ask to evict the same one you said no too earlier)

If the villager in the campsite is one from an amiibo you can choose who you evict from a list to replace- the villager you give the boot to is bugged out though and will ruin a persons save file. Don't adopt amiibo kicked villagers.

That seems extraordinarily lame that you can pick through amiibo but not randos. I guess at least it tells you who it will evict? It'd suck real hard to accept someone only to find out it's evicting one you like when it's too late.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 2, 2020

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wait, do they tell you who they'd be replacing, or is it just "surprise, I'm replacing someone but I won't tell you who!"

Cause drat, it seems like it's more worth it to get an amiibo for a camper that you ended up liking

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Accidentally shot down an egg onto my Stonehenge and it disappeared into the void. Now this should definitely be a Nook Miles achievement.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Care to share your custom designs with me? I'm looking for some inspiration.

Some of mine:

MO-CTWC-9SWV-BTH1 (I use this for all my town customizations. It's my own -supreme-)

MO-TBQK-10WY-40W5 (This is the BIG VERSION for stuff that has a tiny decal area)

MO-9T7Y-63QP-637B (Best for bedding)

And if you want one of the designs from my specific Boofland line, may I suggest MO-NW20-DG3Y-W5X7

Enjoy.

-Beans

In the OLD ACNL thread, I was known as Fred the flower bomber. I also made cute dresses.

I might make some fancy clothes, idk yet

Bina fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 2, 2020

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Another fun fact about this bunny day stuff - Primary residents get a mail notifying the start of bunny day with a recipe enclosed. Secondary residents don't know anything about the day until they talk to the bunny. Also no free recipe.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Mordiceius posted:

Another fun fact about this bunny day stuff - Primary residents get a mail notifying the start of bunny day with a recipe enclosed. Secondary residents don't know anything about the day until they talk to the bunny. Also no free recipe.

They really screwed the pooch with the way this system works.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can you have Isabelle evict a villager you don't want first and just have the campsite visitor take their spot?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Important Discovery

https://twitter.com/ThisIsACoolGuy/status/1245538070373388290

Dad Jokes posted:

Wait, do they tell you who they'd be replacing, or is it just "surprise, I'm replacing someone but I won't tell you who!"

Cause drat, it seems like it's more worth it to get an amiibo for a camper that you ended up liking

They tell you who they're planning on replacing.

I had June and thought her island look fit and she told me "Okay I'll move in, but you'll be losing Punchy is that okay?" and I walked out. Won 3 times and she wanted Punchy gone all 3 times.

Hobo Clown posted:

Can you have Isabelle evict a villager you don't want first and just have the campsite visitor take their spot?

Isabelle doesn't evict anyone. If you complain about a villager she just resets them to factory settings. Supposed to be used if they start cussing or wearing shirts you don't like.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

TurnipFritter posted:

They really screwed the pooch with the way this system works.

It's drat near openly hostile to multiplayer.

Like, I get Nintendo always fucks up multiplayer because they're big dumb idiots that still don't understand the internet in TYOODL 2020, but holy gently caress the multiplayer in this game is just a series of intentional annoyances.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if yall want cool rear end designs

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACQR/top/?t=all

https://nookpedia.com/designs

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I want to evict the bunny.

All my neighbors (except for Rodney) are freaking out that the rocks now spit out eggs when they hit them instead of stones and I'm afraid it's giving Coach an existential crisis.

Also my second plot of land I bought last night after inviting someone got snapped up first thing this morning before I could try to invite someone at a nook island. Hamphrey the grouchy black hamster will be joining me, who might actually be a step up from Rodney, to be honest...

Now I'm going to have two monkeys and two hamsters on my island. I should have named the island Spork!!!1XD

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They tell you who they're planning on replacing.

I had June and thought her island look fit and she told me "Okay I'll move in, but you'll be losing Punchy is that okay?" and I walked out. Won 3 times and she wanted Punchy gone all 3 times.

drat this system seems very bad and dumb and now I'm even more annoyed at the couple of villagers I have who I don't really like

Were previous games like this with it being really hard to pick who moves to your village?

Hipster Rooster
Feb 7, 2012

I only eat organic grain

Question regarding the rocks: I thought that if one players mines a rock, other players cannot get resources from it, but I just saw my wife mine a rock that I remember very clearly mining today in the morning. Do the rocks replenish at some point between morning and evening?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Harrow posted:

drat this system seems very bad and dumb and now I'm even more annoyed at the couple of villagers I have who I don't really like

Were previous games like this with it being really hard to pick who moves to your village?
Before amiibo cards in New Leaf the only way to actually have a choice about who is moving in was to go to someone else's town when one of their guys was leaving and tell them to move to your's. And also getting rid of people was a big pain in the rear end too. Animal Crossing traditionally isn't about you making these kinds of choices.

New Horizons seems to have a lot of bad and dumb systems generally, though

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Harrow posted:

in the older games you didn't even get to pick off anything like the Nook Islands or whatever. it was entirely luck-of-the-draw, unless you had amiibo cards, knew someone who had a villager packed up in boxes who you could then invite to your village, or got someone in your/a friend's campsite who wanted to move into a village.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Harrow posted:

Previous games gave you almost no control over who came and left your village. New Horizons actually gives you the most by a significant margin.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Doing my part to keep things updated

Holiday/Seasonal Recipe
Cherry Blossom
*Pond Stone
*Picnic Set
*Viewing Lantern

Bunny Day
Stool
Table
Wardrobe
Wall-Clock
Vanity
Merry Balloons
Lamp
Bed
Wall
Floor
Rug
Wreath (Villager Taught)
Crown (Villager Taught)
Backpack (Villager Taught)

I'm probably missing a few but here's my critterpedia.

I have a Bunny Day Fence

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://i.imgur.com/JuI2Ew4.mp4

I'm at a loss for words.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Harrow posted:

Was even worse. In New Leaf if you got a camper you really really liked then tough poo poo if village is full, the camper won't move in or anything and you just have to say goodbye.

This one at least lets you blood sacrifice someone.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
yeah, zipper

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Violen posted:

I'm at a loss for words.

lmfao holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It took awhile but I got found a flag to use I'm happy with. Continuing the Ragnarok Online theme and used the art from the Smokie Card. I think it came out nice. :kimchi: