Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I've eaten arby's exactly once and will never do it again.

hosed up and :wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sswG5gQYkXY

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol when the census is finished it'll somehow show 5 million fewer people than in 2010. trump will claim this is because of all the MS-13 members he has deported

Haha the difference is instead of them being illegals that Trump said voted for Hillary, they'll be boomers who worshipped Trump

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBva-z1AsGk

Not yet time to post Jim Morrison's take on COVID-19, but this will do for this month.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

mod sassinator posted:

femure fractures are scary, they're huge bones and you can bleed out from them in seconds with a bad enough fracture

definitely couldve made it through today without googling that

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I like how YouTube and Reddit are full of videos about other countries suppressing numbers while were actively doing it here too. I love my American exceptionalism.

gently caress the CCP and gently caress this administration, were in for even more hellworld.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Apraxin posted:

there’s been a few tough days ones in the last couple of days
https://mobile.twitter.com/NYTObits/status/1245494918560309253

i really hope that the reason i'm hearing about so many more cool people dying than assholes is that the assholes are dying like dogs, stinking up their mc/real mansions before being stuffed into garbage bags by uncaring sanitation workers

hellworld tho, so probably not

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Torpor posted:

https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

here is a study that hypothesizes that COVID is a blood disease which outcompetes with iron to bind to heme. the basis of this belief is it explains why ventilators don't work, and ferritin increases. So I guess you could give people shitloads of iron and a blood transfusion, or I guess you could give something that binds to the covid receptor that binds with heme?

Its an interesting idea and I guess we'll see where it goes.

hepatizon posted:

Any thoughts on the speculation re: disruption of heme groups causing a lot of the signature findings?

https://twitter.com/yishan/status/1244717172871409666

Some of my family have this thing called hemochromatosis, which is basically iron overload. It causes a lot of other problems like basically rusting out your insides, so I wouldn't really recommend it as a treatment. One's got it so bad it allegedly sets off metal detectors.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Coronavirus is attacking the Bourbon supply chain now. Not gonna be good for 7 years from now when that Bourbon would have finished ageing.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I don’t even get the point of trying to sweep cases into the ‘pneumonia idk’ bucket.

do they think the public will be less outraged and the reaction less severe if all the death records are normal familiar words and not covid19? seems to me the fact that some massive number of people are going to die/are dying is the important, outrageous but, not that they died explicitly and exactly from vivid

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

you don't know all those people wouldn't have died from pneumonia and ards anyways

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I don’t even get the point of trying to sweep cases into the ‘pneumonia idk’ bucket.

do they think the public will be less outraged and the reaction less severe if all the death records are normal familiar words and not covid19? seems to me the fact that some massive number of people are going to die/are dying is the important, outrageous but, not that they died explicitly and exactly from vivid

i'd imagine it's just that the generic condition doesn't require an already backlogged test that would be better put to use on someone alive

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Jenna Jameson wouldn't do that to us.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
usa baby

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Scam pop-up testing sites have started appearing around Louisville. They charge you $250 and take your info to file bogus Medicaid claims. There was a problem with them before where they were paying people in the West End (the poor black part of town) $20 to take a blood test for fake medicaid filings and now that they can trick people into paying money for it they're back up again. This country is diseased.

EDIT: Posted the video later on but this is the post people are quoting.

https://twitter.com/mattstonephotog/status/1245480530440749056?s=19

BIG FLUFFY DOG has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Apr 2, 2020

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
someone explain to me, a loving imbecile, why anybody would want to hide the number of covid-19 deaths? what would you have to gain?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Scam pop-up testing sites have started appearing around Louisville. They charge you $250 and take your info to file bogus Medicaid claims. There was a problem with them before where they were paying people in the West End (the poor black part of town) $20 to take a blood test for fake medicaid filings and now that they can trick people into paying money for it they're back up again. This country is diseased.

jesus christ

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Cowpocalypse posted:

someone explain to me, a loving imbecile, why anybody would want to hide the number of covid-19 deaths? what would you have to gain?

m oney

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

arby's got good curly fries & cheese

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/people/status/1245345220633509888?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

why have they never made a sandwich where bricks of curly fries are the bun

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol my matches on okcupid and tinder have noticeably improved over the past couple weeks as people are increasingly driven to stay the gently caress at home

(not that it matters, I haven't gone on a date in over a year because of a combination of indifference and poverty, I keep this mostly out of curiosity)

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i like these moments in design evolution before a crucial discovery (in this case gun magazines) and the solution is 'make existing thing but MORE'

just like how before revolvers people carried 6 flintlocks on their person

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

april starting off with a 1000+ new deaths in a day means we might blow past the "very good job" range this month alone, right?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Cowpocalypse posted:

our premier today said he was refusing to release information about projected infections and deaths in case people “panicked”

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol wasn't there a parody tweet along this line a week ago

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

There's not even enough tests for living people, you can't really blame the coroners for not making a finding of COVID-19 if they can't confirm it, even if it's pretty obvious. The CDC and state agencies could report excess respiratory deaths as probable coronavirus deaths or whatever but they've got a pretty strong institutional bias to keeping the number as low as possible

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Definitely broke my brain a bit thinking about how much covid has affected singers and musicians from famous people to choir groups.

So much of our social bonding is based around breath. It makes sense that physical distancing is ridiculously effective at stopping a respiratory disease like covid. But on the other hand, churches that refuse to close will kill more and more people with every hymn.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

cash crab posted:

our premier today said he was refusing to release information about projected infections and deaths in case people “panicked”

and Doug Ford said ontario might be looking like Italy soon

land of contrasts

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Definitely broke my brain a bit thinking about how much covid has affected singers and musicians from famous people to choir groups.

despite being famous, 99% of musicians are probably not well off and are likely to actually die from this thing

Durf has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Apr 2, 2020

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Cowpocalypse posted:

Makes the administration looks superficially better because number.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/mattstonephotog/status/1245480530440749056?s=19

Video from all 3 scam testing sites in Louisville. 1st dude spelled Hipaa wrong and pronounced Louisville like he very clearly had to train himself not to say the S. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic and predatory.

https://twitter.com/ALT_uscis/status/1245490181840474112?s=19

BIG FLUFFY DOG has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Apr 2, 2020

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

churches that refuse to close will kill more and more people with every hymn.

lol yea, it owns

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

I like how Arby's just straight up stopped making non curly fries because nobody wanted that garbage. curl me up friend.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

wayne brady asking his wife's boyfriend if he can have a mountain dew and play some xbox

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I've eaten arby's exactly once and will never do it again.

yo you gonna eat that arbys?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

So much of our social bonding is based around breath. It makes sense that physical distancing is ridiculously effective at stopping a respiratory disease like covid. But on the other hand, churches that refuse to close will kill more and more people with every hymn.

yet again American Sign Language demonstrates its superiority

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

peepsalot posted:

post your new fave apolalypse songs itt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdUfAE5Rz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD0pP7J-084

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

What the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
there's a place a couple blocks from me that is just a fancy arby's, like artisanal roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. i don't have an arby's anywhere near me so i go there about once a month when i want a roast beef sandwich and curly fries. also, for some reason they sell beer and it's ridiculously cheap so from like 5pm-7pm on weekdays you often find a bunch of old dudes hanging out at the tables just drinking pbr out of plastic cups and eating curly fries