Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
https://twitter.com/charisisforlove/status/1245552226732584961

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cowpocalypse posted:

someone explain to me, a loving imbecile, why anybody would want to hide the number of covid-19 deaths? what would you have to gain?

1. Number go up bad for Trump (and the person in charge at the more local/state level supports Trump.

2. Number go up bad for local how well you contained the pandemic and your re-election (or your bosses reelection).

3. Panic, fear, incompetence.

I heard one million years ago that in Italian hospitals they were classifying everyone that died of anything respiratory as COVID-19. But on the flipside haven't tested/counted anyone that didn't die in a hospital.

I would imagine the "rule" going out in a lot of America right now is if they didn't have a positive COVID-19 test pre-death that there's "no way to know" and so "welp just mark it as ARDS, Pneumonia, etc".

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Nothus posted:

Holy poo poo the US response is somehow even more embarrassing than I imagined.

:smugdon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

don't eat at chain restaurants. give your patronage to locally owned places.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

a dude literally tried to crash a train into the USS Mercy yesterday too

it's loving crazy out there folks

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

jesus loving christ

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fascist hell demon cracker country

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

don't eat at chain restaurants. give your patronage to locally owned places.

im sure there will be lots of those left in a few months lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

aamerica is the worst country in the world

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mod sassinator posted:

a dude literally tried to crash a train into the USS Mercy yesterday too

it's loving crazy out there folks

Qmentum

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Over Easy posted:

sex will be completely virtual

im already living in the future

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hi,

This did not happen.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

fascist hell demon cracker country

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

This did not happen.

ok good but its believable :sweatdrop: i see the reply saying no police report.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

This did not happen.

Admiral Ray posted:

aamerica is the worst country in the world

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Durf posted:

and Doug Ford said ontario might be looking like Italy soon

land of contrasts

i want to make it clear we're talking about the same dude here in both of those cases and i'm still reeling over it. "we might look like italy but you know what? don't worry about it bud" is such a ford move it's almost funny

i have a couple of dumb questions* myself, because obviously my brain has cracked and pinged so much that i basically feel like a sad five year old all the time, so if someone has a couple of minutes (ha-ha) maybe field these for me

1) assuming that people actually did all the poo poo they're supposed to, like stay inside, wash their entire rear end and hands all the time, etc, how many people would this kill in a year? best case scenario? i mean globally here

2) i get that influenzas tend to get less lethal over time but i can't find what happens with coronaviruses. why is this one so differenter, is because we were dumber this time?

thanks in advance

*: i mean it, they are very dumb

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

fermun posted:

there's a place a couple blocks from me that is just a fancy arby's, like artisanal roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. i don't have an arby's anywhere near me so i go there about once a month when i want a roast beef sandwich and curly fries. also, for some reason they sell beer and it's ridiculously cheap so from like 5pm-7pm on weekdays you often find a bunch of old dudes hanging out at the tables just drinking pbr out of plastic cups and eating curly fries

I yearn for simpler times

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

This did not happen.

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

now imagine what this'll be like when everyone knows someone that died of the roni

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
where i grew up there was a broke-rear end version of arbys called Rax

the happy meals there had this dinosaur cup

edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rax_Roast_Beef

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

This did not happen.

How do you know? Were you there when it didn’t happen? Did you personally not shoot her?

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 05:07 on Apr 2, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rah! posted:

im sure there will be lots of those left in a few months lol

even better reason to give your custom to these places. my job was at a locally owned restaurant that operated profitably for 35 years before I was laid off a few weeks ago. it's an excellent place, honestly, really well run with managers who work alongside us employees. the depressing thought is that this is like wildly not the loving norm for usa because we are a fascist hell demon cracker country

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

charity rereg posted:

ok good but its believable :sweatdrop: i see the reply saying no police report.

Yeah even a 1 second google search turns up nothing.

xrunner posted:

How do you know? We’re you there when it didn’t happen? Did you personally not shoot her?

See above.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

xrunner posted:

How do you know? We’re you there when it didn’t happen? Did you personally not shoot her?

i was there, i was the gas

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/BaileyCarlin/status/1245463958049390592?s=19

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

cash crab posted:

i was there, i was the gas

After eating all these beans and lentils, I'm pretty sure that I'm made of gas now

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

we had a rax as well

their curly fries were great

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I’m not proud of it. but I just opted out of participating in ICU care until the hospital I work at guarantees PPE. my fiancée has severe respiratory issues and I just cannot get her sick. I’m not the only one. and honestly I think the ones who do sign up are the exception.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

MarcusSA posted:

Hi,

This did not happen.

??

https://okcfox.com/news/local/ou-medical-nurse-victim-of-act-of-violence-on-her-way-to-work

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't find a single other story about this.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

mod sassinator posted:

God I miss Rax

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MarcusSA posted:

I didn't find a single other story about this.

welcome to the collapse buddy

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah even a 1 second google search turns up nothing.

See above.

So you want me to google it but you won’t even admit that you were there and saw the whole thing not happen? I’m only taking first hand accounts bud

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
eventually news gaps will expand until it's like "So uh what happened to like a 1/3rd of the states?"

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what is 'real' anyway

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Man like... when I was working, I look forward to going to sleep. Respite. Recovery. All that poo poo

Now that I'm NOT working I'm like "gently caress, can I just skip to tomorrow morning?"

This quarantine sucks rear end and there's going to be 3 more months of this F U C K

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Bernie/Tiger King 2020

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

brugroffil posted:

my wife's having her near-nightly argument with her nurse mom to just loving retire from the hospital and don't you dare extend your retirement date beyond the two weeks you have left

the intro to the most depressing lethal weapon sequel

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Moxie posted:

Yes and this 1st degree burn vaccine will allow you to avoid any possibility of sun burn while granting the ability to put out candles with your fingertips

i dunno :negative:

if it prevents a buncha the common pneumonia infections that pop up as a secondary problem it seems like theres some sense?? i dunno1!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

can someone link me the Airplane! edit with the different year numbers?