Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bulgakov posted:

i dunno :negative:

if it prevents a buncha the common pneumonia infections that pop up as a secondary problem it seems like theres some sense?? i dunno1!!

no because pneumonia is a symptom/condition of an infection, not an infection of its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
PSA: Easily the best piece of virus art going on right now is the Megg Mogg and Owl comic that Simon Hanselmann is drawing daily on Instagram.

:nws:
https://www.instagram.com/simon.hanselmann

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

is the lack of news from seattle due to censorship or have they actually managed to mitigate things

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

bigly league ratings

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

E Depois do Adeus posted:

is the lack of news from seattle due to censorship or have they actually managed to mitigate things

people are pretty good about it. I haven't left my house in three days, personally.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

brugroffil posted:

my wife's having her near-nightly argument with her nurse mom to just loving retire from the hospital and don't you dare extend your retirement date beyond the two weeks you have left

Your wife is right to worry about her mom's health, and your mother-in-law is inevitably an outstanding leader for her floor.

Medical personnel tend to be masochists. There's no good advice here. Your mother in law has lived a long streak of being a good person, and backing off during a pandemic will be anathema to her.

I don't have good advice here. Just know that you can't argue certain people away from running into a burning building to save others.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tunicate posted:

can someone link me the Airplane! edit with the different year numbers?

https://twitter.com/jon_m_green/status/1244765744342208512?s=20

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

got any sevens posted:

what 80's film had the closest prediction to 2020 of civilization's downfall

robocop is an extremely accurate depiction of the coming public-private partnerships that will be implemented instead of a new new deal

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I work for a pharmaceutical manufacturer and they're planning on setting up a 24/7 manned roadblock at the parking lot where you have to get your temperature taken while sitting in your car. Instead of not leaving my house I'm working a lot more than I usually do, so I'm already dead tired and with hundreds of people running around the site every day once somebody does bring it in we're probably all hosed. That's assuming they haven't already, several people have mysteriously disappeared which has of course done a lot to allay people's fears of being at risk as we get daily propaganda about how important it is for everybody to be there and we should not go anywhere else but work so we don't get sick, but my actual only risk of getting sick is going to work.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

doing your part

I guess if I want to poo poo all the extra weight out of my body to prevent covid complications then this is the best plan

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I guess if I want to poo poo all the extra weight out of my body to prevent covid complications then this is the best plan

why do people think Arby's or Taco Bell are some kind of harbinger of explosive diarrhea? like don't eat it all the time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how do i make my own horsey sauce

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

E Depois do Adeus posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1244677124612472839

Social distancing is working and rates of infection are dropping but aren't below 1.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a.lo posted:

how do i make my own horsey sauce

buy horseradish and put a shitload of hellmans into it

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

MadJackal posted:

Your wife is right to worry about her mom's health, and your mother-in-law is inevitably an outstanding leader for her floor.

Medical personnel tend to be masochists. There's no good advice here. Your mother in law has lived a long streak of being a good person, and backing off during a pandemic will be anathema to her.

I don't have good advice here. Just know that you can't argue certain people away from running into a burning building to save others.

My mom is freaked out because I'm still going to work everyday at the homeless shelter even though SEVEN of my coworkers have now stopped coming to work.
If myself and the few other people that are still working quit showing up what happens then?
Everything is pure loving insanity right now and our entire city and community has let us down but at least we had a volunteer show up today :angel:

We can't do case management and all of our programming is shut down and we are in pure survival mode, just trying to keep people clean, housed and fed. At least the cops are mostly leaving our population alone right now, though I did hear them yelling at a guy that pissed on a business wall when we have porta potties set up right around the loving corner. Yeah, gently caress up that guy's day.

Oh, no known cases at our shelter - YET.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

PSA: Easily the best piece of virus art going on right now is the Megg Mogg and Owl comic that Simon Hanselmann is drawing daily on Instagram.

thanks for posting this, did not realize I was missing out by not following Simon on Instagram

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

The South Korean quarantine centers look pretty good.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

thanks

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Elderbean posted:

Social distancing is working and rates of infection are dropping but aren't below 1.
Nice

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Everything sucks

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

why do people think Arby's or Taco Bell are some kind of harbinger of explosive diarrhea? like don't eat it all the time.

because they are harbingers of explosive diarrhea

This is such a widespread opinion you can't claim it's some kind of mass delusion. It's because their congealed blocks of fat and grease that get thawed out and squirted onto buns don't agree with a lot of digestive systems.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
what kind of monument do you think we're gonna build on the mall in a couple of years

we're outta space though, right? where's the next good spot? I'm sure there's some report about this poo poo already

I bet....... it will have glass, a lot of glass

what do u think

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Elderbean posted:

well we might as well not bother then

-a smart person

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Plinkey posted:

doing your part

makes me miss white castle

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Arby’s is always disappointing

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I don’t eat a lot Taco Bell, maybe once every few months and every time I do I poo poo my brains out like an hour later.

and I don’t even gorge on the Taco Bell, usually 2 grande soft tacos and a beefy nacho griller. sure enough that’s too much Taco Bell and I will pay dearly for my choice.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Arby’s is always disappointing

turn on your monitor

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I tried it for the first time in Phoenix, which had barely opened its location. They're pretty good, I prefer without cheese tho

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

:smith: oh god

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

replace the head of every monument in the usa with a roni virus model since we never got owned so bad before and everybody else is irrelevant

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This is such a widespread opinion you can't claim it's some kind of mass delusion. It's because their congealed blocks of fat and grease that get thawed out and squirted onto buns don't agree with a lot of digestive systems.

nah man. I'm pumping out straight no wipers after a big beef n cheddar

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

I tried it for the first time in Phoenix, which had barely opened its location. They're pretty good, I prefer without cheese tho

You probably also don't want the pickle, you monster.

Always put brakes on your slider.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i bet the us is already at 10,000+ dead a day and we just aren't counting them properly because TORNUPMP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TMMadman posted:

You probably also don't want the pickle, you monster.

pickles own. San Antonio had a Krystal for a short while and it was ok, but I didn't like their mustard!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

lol 3 billion people think they personally chat with the creator of the universe

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i miss white castle and seeing friends and going for a walk and getting drunk in different american states for no reason

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

This reads like a bad fever dream.

Nice.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
We're in the first quarter still and everyone (including me) is already lusting for lovely fast food. Good luck!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I miss going out for lunch and getting some shooters. I miss not being a germaphobe. I miss things before hell dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Trying to figure out the safest way to get 10 Arbys roast beef sandwiches to my apartment tomorrow now. Thanks goons.