Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sewer rates, huh. So much content. A fully fleshed out Midgar. Each episode is a full game's worth of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
If by fleshed out you mean 'deliver water filter to weapon store guy to find out hes an rear end in a top hat' then yeah, its fleshed out.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

TommyGun85 posted:

You know what would be really fun and not at all padding, if after the first bombing mission they make you distribute water filters throughout the slums.

At least there arent any sewer rats that need killing.

e: I spoke too soon.
Yeah I fuckin hate seeing an expanded sector 7 slums with voiced characters (even all the background NPCs without names have voiced chatter that changes as you progress), and I definitely hate having to kill enemies in a game with fun combat!! Wasn't sector 7 a single screen in the original, plus the beginners hall, 7th heaven and a shop?

Seriously though, if you're somehow expecting this remake of Midgar to be a good length without introducing new storylines and characters (whether it's from the EU or just new), or fleshing out existing characters and areas, you might be expecting too much. Instead of thinking "ugh sick of this padding, I just want to get back to the REAL content", you should maybe enjoy all of the new content you're getting???

The combat system is fun, and cloud/Tifa/Barret all feel different to play.

You only have to do 1 or 2 of the side quests to progress btw. You even get to choose!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Can't wait to see people melt down in this thread when you can get weapons and spells from much later in the original game in Midgar because it isn't true to the original or something

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Every time I think Jessie can't get any thirstier for Cloud, a nearby river goes dry. :ohdear:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

PancakeTransmission posted:

Yeah I fuckin hate seeing an expanded sector 7 slums with voiced characters (even all the background NPCs without names have voiced chatter that changes as you progress), and I definitely hate having to kill enemies in a game with fun combat!! Wasn't sector 7 a single screen in the original, plus the beginners hall, 7th heaven and a shop?

Seriously though, if you're somehow expecting this remake of Midgar to be a good length without introducing new storylines and characters (whether it's from the EU or just new), or fleshing out existing characters and areas, you might be expecting too much. Instead of thinking "ugh sick of this padding, I just want to get back to the REAL content", you should maybe enjoy all of the new content you're getting???

The combat system is fun, and cloud/Tifa/Barret all feel different to play.

You only have to do 1 or 2 of the side quests to progress btw. You even get to choose!

relax its ok to make fun of things you enjoy

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Will this game have a preload? It's quite large, and Sony are limiting speeds.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

stev posted:

If they can fit in the whole Knights of the Round sidequest then I'll forgive them.

The KotR cinematic requires a separate Blu-Ray this time around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Will this game have a preload? It's quite large, and Sony are limiting speeds.

Yes. In fact they allowed for early preloads.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Every time I think Jessie can't get any thirstier for Cloud, a nearby river goes dry. :ohdear:

Just like me being thirsty for Jessie :ohdear:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

TommyGun85 posted:

relax its ok to make fun of things you enjoy

It's extremely old and tired that the default "gamer," and especially goon, attitude towards literally any game ever is rampant pessimism.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe it's the world's fault for being relentlessly bad, or "fail"

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I was hopeful that the game had been released digitally early, I am not sure why I thought this. I never played the original, and I remember hearing so much about it back in middle school, and I'm familiar with the cast of characters.

Really looking forward to playing this game, the demo had excellent gameplay.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

GoGoGadget posted:

It's extremely old and tired that the default "gamer," and especially goon, attitude towards literally any game ever is rampant pessimism.

someone made fun of a game I like :qq:

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

someone made fun of a game I like :qq:

Cool story, bro

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Oh no, this game is already divisive and only a handful of aussies have played for a handful of hours! :ohdear:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I recognize the 'goons eat goons' thread phase anywhere, it's usually after the game honeymoon period not just before release tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GoGoGadget posted:

Cool story, bro

Epic

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
My copy arrives tomorrow. I'm pleases that most of the impressions I've read so far have been positive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe we should at least wait until it's out everywhere before this turns into the Doom Eternal thread

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe we should at least wait until it's out everywhere before this turns into the Doom Eternal thread

Wait... so Isabelle will be in this game, too? She's the next Danté From DMC Devil May Cry, isn't she?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's fine to be annoyed with goons for being so negative

plenty of people have been busting in here to be negative about things they're not even informed about, ie it being episodic, and that poo poo was annoying

don't go looking for dogpiles

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spermando posted:

My copy arrives tomorrow. I'm pleases that most of the impressions I've read so far have been positive.

I'll be waiting for a while, since I'm expecting early reviews to kinda be blinded by the hype. Not saying the game can't be good, but I want people to really sink their teeth in first before I make up my mind.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

More like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUi01r8TrJ0

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The motorcycle guy pulled a Rubicante before his boss fight!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

The motorcycle guy pulled a Rubicante before his boss fight!
I love him. It's not even the most ridiculous thing to be in FF7 when you look at some of the original stuff like honeybee inn (I know it's been in trailers but I can't wait to see how they expand that whole wall market area :allears: )

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm loving all the time with these characters and the new stuff. It's so much fun.

Also Roche owns.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's fine to be annoyed with goons for being so negative

plenty of people have been busting in here to be negative about things they're not even informed about, ie it being episodic, and that poo poo was annoying

don't go looking for dogpiles

I was just joking around, I'm not annoyed at anybody

yet

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This game has zero downside it's so good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jessie, please. Spanking Wedge's bare rear end was enough. Inviting Cloud to come back to your place so you can "pay him in full" (airquotes are hers, not mine!) is just... :stonk:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jessie, please. Spanking Wedge's bare rear end was enough. Inviting Cloud to come back to your place so you can "pay him in full" (airquotes are hers, not mine!) is just... :stonk:

Cloud is so Japanese.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ain't nothing wrong with a flirty hot chick.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

JBP posted:

This game has zero downside it's so good
Downside: it's pushing the limits on a non-Pro that I'm getting a lot of texture pop-in and had a few pauses for loading when trying to talk to named NPCs

another downside: I know roughly when the game will end.

Also downside: my work won't close down and I can't do 90% of my job from home, I just want to play more of it!!

The combat just feels so much better than FF15 even though you could say they're similar.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Airbuster! You can weaken the boss by loving up his components and then taking them as treasure. But Square cut the King VERMIN line. :(

And as for the meeting with Aerith afterwards, it reaaaally seems like the idea that this is an AU might be plausible. Cloud has a brief vision of Aerith's death when she talks to him about the Holy Materia.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 2, 2020

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Airbuster! You can weaken the boss by loving up his components and then taking them as treasure. But Square cut the King VERMIN line. :(

And as for the meeting with Aerith afterwards, it reaaaally seems like the idea that this is an AU might be plausible. Cloud has a brief vision of Aerith's death when she talks to him about the Holy Materia.

I think it would be mad cool if they do a Rebuild of Evangelion sort of thing, but I really don't think they have the balls for something like that. I'd be legit surprised if they do.

Final Fantasy VII (You Can Not) Remake

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. In fact they allowed for early preloads.

Is this in addition to the existing pre-load window?

I just checked mine and it says it'll only pre-load 48 hours earlier. Is the norm just 24 hours or something?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
So will this be 60fps on pro?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

i must compose posted:

So will this be 60fps on pro?

No.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

30 FPS like the PSX original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

Plaster Town Cop
Couple of trophy spoilers (These trophies are not hidden, so visible once you launch the game if you look, gameplay spoiler rather than story):"Beat all chapters on Hard difficulty" - Hard was not available at the start. New Game+ mode or just new difficulty after beating the game once??
Trophy for possible max level: "Reach level 50"