Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've spent some effort and found that the movie waydowntown can't be bought or stolen.

It's a weird indie comedy from 20 years ago about some people in Calgary who try to see who can stay indoors the longest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Zeno-25 posted:

Your waistline is lucky if you don't find relief in the reliable numbing that alcohol provides tbh

I’m still losing weight tho....

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's really called "waydowntown" which is very of its time.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Pohl posted:

My mom is freaked out because I'm still going to work everyday at the homeless shelter even though SEVEN of my coworkers have now stopped coming to work.
If myself and the few other people that are still working quit showing up what happens then?
Everything is pure loving insanity right now and our entire city and community has let us down but at least we had a volunteer show up today :angel:

We can't do case management and all of our programming is shut down and we are in pure survival mode, just trying to keep people clean, housed and fed. At least the cops are mostly leaving our population alone right now, though I did hear them yelling at a guy that pissed on a business wall when we have porta potties set up right around the loving corner. Yeah, gently caress up that guy's day.

Oh, no known cases at our shelter - YET.

If you’re doing this as a volunteer you’re basically a saint. You deserve real thanks for your work.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/03/health/coronavirus-tipsheets/coronavirus-proof-your-home/index.html

"Set up a disinfecting station — an area outside your home or in a room with low foot traffic where you can disinfect packaged food"

That sounds like a lot of work

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Unormal posted:

lol 3 billion people think they personally chat with the creator of the universe

if god manifested toilets full of poo poo on command then you might have a point

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeno-25 posted:

Your waistline is lucky if you don't find relief in the reliable numbing that alcohol provides tbh

Ativan and having dealt with far worse poo poo in a prior job is my secret. Hell the Ativan I barely ever need so when I do take it, it hits like a ton of bricks and I'm just fine with everything.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

instead of doing anything, we bought body bags.

this will go over great in june, when 3-6m are dead and everybody that dies before easter is infected already.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

all the qualified medical staff getting taken out of commission because they're running around in disposable ponchos / trash bags / takeout container masks leads to pretty much the same outcome as all of them refusing to come into work anyway

this is a good point and one i'll make to my EMT and nurse friends. We'll still need medical professionals a month from now.

edit: also what is a "military style" body bag does that just mean it's camo? my local hospital has one of those mobile morgues, except it's yellow

E Depois do Adeus has issued a correction as of 06:29 on Apr 2, 2020

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

also on arbys chat i don't really care for any of their other stuff but their gyros are...not bad, for a cheap drive-thru sandwich

like obviously they don't hold a candle to what you'd get at an actual greek place but compared to like a big mac or something they're pretty fuckin' good

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

watched the thing for the first time. good quarantine movie.

I love those 8 or 9 second scenes in the first act where they use the fact that every character's an rear end in a top hat to forward the plot very efficiently

"Hey where's the next goddamn plot beat?"

"It's in the next scene, rear end in a top hat!"

And then the scene's over and you're familiar with everyone and there's the dog again, movie continues at this brisk pace until it hits the Long Scenes Where poo poo Gets Real phase

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

Ativan and having dealt with far worse poo poo in a prior job is my secret. Hell the Ativan I barely ever need so when I do take it, it hits like a ton of bricks and I'm just fine with everything.

how the hell did you get your hands on an Ativan script?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BeefThief posted:

this will go over great in june, when 3-6m are dead and everybody that dies before easter is infected already.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Doc Walrus posted:

country continues at this brisk pace until it hits the Long Scenes Where poo poo Gets Real phase

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

We're in the first quarter still and everyone (including me) is already lusting for lovely fast food. Good luck!

we're barely out of the first month

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

I'm glad benzos work for you when you need them, but given my addictive personality I'm prob better off with good ol weed and booze ha

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BeefThief posted:

while you studied pandemics I dismantled regulatory structures

while you maintained close ties to public health systems around the world, I created a global asset bubble through lax monetary policy

now that your brain is on fire and your lungs are flooded, :sniff:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm down 15 lbs over the last month but the first 15 are the easiest.

It's a lot easier to stick to a diet when you've got nothing else going on.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also, important note about those Musk ventilators - they are actually ventilators, CPAP and BiPAP/VPAP are two very different technologies.

What they are is the exact wrong kind of ventilator for COVID-19 though.

They're not useless when you've got shortage of all gear for all patients, because you can use them for non-COVID-19 patients. They're usually not first choice, but they're better than nothing.

Musk making a big deal out of helping and having an answer that kinda sorta works but isn't really the best thing you could be doing is going to be the basis of a future storytelling trope with the sheer consistency the guy has.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mourne posted:

how the hell did you get your hands on an Ativan script?

Unless you're asking specifically how I got the name brand rather than the generic, I've had it (lorazepam) for like a decade, general anxiety stuff that I used to take wellbutrin for but after a while I asked to go off the wellbutrin to see if it was something that could be dealt with on an as-needed basis and the Ativan was the result. On average I need to take maybe 1-2 a week, so a 30-count refill lasts like 4-6 months.

Since most of what caused the anxiety was traffic and crying kids, I've been absurdly chill the past few weeks.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

yeah isn't a cpap in the hospital and observation better than nothing and dying at home surrounded by your mortally sickened family

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

BeefThief posted:

yeah isn't a cpap in the hospital and observation better than nothing and dying at home surrounded by your mortally sickened family

... not if you have COVID-19.

Because both CPAP and VPAP will absolutely spray the virus everywhere and probably infect care staff.

But VPAP is a lot better than CPAP if you need a ventilator and don't have anything infectious in your lungs, so... lowest passing grade for Musky Boy!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BeefThief posted:

no because putting a cpap on a covid patient is going to hose the entire area down with virus-loaded aerosols thereby potentially infecting a fuckload of medical providers instead of just your terrible relatives

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBx3qYGxL8

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

no because putting a cpap on a covid patient is going to hose the entire area down with virus-loaded aerosols thereby potentially infecting a fuckload of medical providers instead of just your terrible relatives

hm word, well i guess i will stay out of the ICU until i get conscripted (i have no training)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oh my yes

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Also, important note about those Musk ventilators - they are actually ventilators, CPAP and BiPAP/VPAP are two very different technologies.

What they are is the exact wrong kind of ventilator for COVID-19 though.

They're not useless when you've got shortage of all gear for all patients, because you can use them for non-COVID-19 patients. They're usually not first choice, but they're better than nothing.

Musk making a big deal out of helping and having an answer that kinda sorta works but isn't really the best thing you could be doing is going to be the basis of a future storytelling trope with the sheer consistency the guy has.

are they? they look exactly like the ResMed S9 Elite with H5i Humidifier

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Unormal posted:

lol 3 billion people think they personally chat with the creator of the universe

and here I am chatting with you assholes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

not all drone pilots are jewish though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bernie??????

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
If I carry a card that says "DO NOT INTUBATE; FILL THIS PIE HOLE WITH ROAST BEEF!" would doctors be legally obligated to honor it?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

elon musk loudly boasting that he was going to mass-produce ventilators, followed by him buying a bunch of chinese cpap machines and then literally slapping tesla stickers over top of their logo on the boxes and just calling them ventilators anyway, to the raucous applause of millions of gullible faux-intellectual dipshits who insist that this naked pr stunt is a genuine and inspirational act of philanthropy, is such a perfect encapsulation of this dumbass country lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zeno-25 posted:

I kinda want to post my drugs + alcohol coronastash and get others to do the same but that might be too TCC for thist hread

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Stairmaster posted:

Bernie??????

:3:

mod sassinator posted:

If I carry a card that says "DO NOT INTUBATE; FILL THIS PIE HOLE WITH ROAST BEEF!" would doctors be legally obligated to honor it?

i sure hope so

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mod sassinator posted:

Doctors are required to follow whatever orders they find in your wallet. It's part of the Hippocratic Oath

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

BeefThief posted:

do they have a trump seismo-autograph on em? you hate to see it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

don't eat at chain restaurants. give your patronage to locally owned places.

SKULL.GIF posted:

even better reason to give your custom to these places. my job was at a locally owned restaurant that operated profitably for 35 years before I was laid off a few weeks ago. it's an excellent place, honestly, really well run with managers who work alongside us employees. the depressing thought is that this is like wildly not the loving norm for usa because we are a fascist hell demon cracker country
yeah i feel bad for them so i've been getting (no-contact or close to it) take-out as much as I can to support the local places like that here in the bay area. but also not that much because i'm trying to conserve money. it's loving dire as hell and everyone just looks so brow-beaten and worried, not so much about corona per se, but that & they're going to be unemployed or lose their restaurant. one guy said i was the only one who came in all day :sigh:

i suppose silver lining is that they're even allowed to stay open for take-out ion the first place, which, is probably not great for containment, but at least a lesser portion of the entire food service industry won't be unemployed overnight

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:59 on Apr 2, 2020

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

do they have a trump seismo-autograph on em? you hate to see it

:chaostrump:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It seems that Stacy no longer has to worry about how her mom has got it going on.