Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yup, it sucks rear end

I feel like I’ve been saying that about a lot of aspects of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

The White Dragon posted:

roll again as in buy another ticket or is there a savescumming thing you can do because i am OUT of nook miles

Nook Tickets are like a gacha pull. Considering the game saves when you use the Nook Ticket and it's Nintendo, what does your heart tell you?

:capitalism:

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
Hey guys,

That's an egg, not a fish!
What should I do with it...

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
For getting Miles I habitually check the Nook Miles+ objectives (press + when looking at the stamp cards on your phone) and do them ASAP every day I can. The first five always have a multiplier bonus.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Donating the snapping turtle gives you some intense Blathers backstory

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
If you place the snapping turtle, it isn't in an aquarium or anything. It's just sitting there, you can even interact with it.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Finally we find out who's been throwing car tires into the water around our islands. It was self defense.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why did he have to climb on top of a car? Couldn’t he just fly away? He’s an owl!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bina posted:

Care to share your custom designs with me? I'm looking for some inspiration.

Some of mine:

MO-CTWC-9SWV-BTH1 (I use this for all my town customizations. It's my own -supreme-)

MO-TBQK-10WY-40W5 (This is the BIG VERSION for stuff that has a tiny decal area)

MO-9T7Y-63QP-637B (Best for bedding)

And if you want one of the designs from my specific Boofland line, may I suggest MO-NW20-DG3Y-W5X7

Enjoy.

-Beans

In the OLD ACNL thread, I was known as Fred the flower bomber. I also made cute dresses.

I might make some fancy clothes, idk yet

https://twitter.com/Nemo2342/status/1245022897904607233?s=20

I'm just trying to stay on brand.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Ogmius815 posted:

Why did he have to climb on top of a car? Couldn’t he just fly away? He’s an owl!

He admits he doesn't have hands, and yet clearly his wings are perfectly suited for manipulating the tools of his trade. He must clip them.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
On the note of flightless birds,

I think, "What would a dodo do?" every time I go to an uncharted island and completely tear down its ecosystem for self-enrichment and entertainment.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

bushisms.txt posted:

Sprocket was my first, and he's really cool, especially when he gets hype because other sporty people are on the island. Now he sings with Tammy and stalks Skye.

Oh cool, I got Roald as one of my starters, can't wait to see the two of them together

MeatBomb
Jul 5, 2007

Lux Animus posted:

He admits he doesn't have hands, and yet clearly his wings are perfectly suited for manipulating the tools of his trade. He must clip them.

Blathers is a book-type, not a jock-type. He's lucky that turtle didn't eat his tail-feathers.

Hmmm... my new magnificent beard needs some new threads...

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Cattail Prophet posted:

Put up a house plot now that I'm done sinking bells into bridges and ramps for the time being. I went to a Nook island to start hunting for new friends and immediately lucked into cool new horse villager Reneigh!

I've done like five islands today and all I keep finding are loving birds. I already started with two birds I want to move out.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I did some hunting for natural paths and kinda found none at all. I did, however, find some cool patterns otherwise that may prove useful for those looking for natural paths. That sentence when I read it back makes no sense, so here's the paths.

I would upload them all, but I think that'd be a super long post.

https://imgur.com/a/u5tKKgz

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Almost every Nook Miles island I visit has the same fruit as my home island. Is that normal? Only one so far has been different.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LastGoodBoy posted:

I've done like five islands today and all I keep finding are loving birds. I already started with two birds I want to move out.

all i get is lions, cows, and bear cubs. granted i did get dobie and skye through nook miles tickets, but they were standouts in a sea of trash

the worst thing about fishing up eggs is that they don't count towards nook miles plus rewards

MeatBomb
Jul 5, 2007

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Almost every Nook Miles island I visit has the same fruit as my home island. Is that normal? Only one so far has been different.

I only ever get bamboo, so it's pro'lly just bad RNG.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Stux posted:

5pm funk to 6pm wild world redux to 7pm lazy time is probably the best chunk of hourly music in any of them. 5pm by itself is so good i cant do anything i just have to leave the game playing the music

I finally heard it today! It was good. Very good.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
My place is called Smashville:

https://twitter.com/StarLoveDeluxe/status/1245589326034952193?s=20

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 2, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MeatBomb posted:

I only ever get bamboo, so it's pro'lly just bad RNG.

I’ve gotten oranges once (native fruit is peaches) and bamboo a good few times. Bamboo island is pretty great for tarantula farming since its all flat, at least.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So it's been like a week and I haven't gotten a single hybrid flower yet. Just lots of red, white and yellow. What am I doing wrong?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Nuebot posted:

So it's been like a week and I haven't gotten a single hybrid flower yet. Just lots of red, white and yellow. What am I doing wrong?

Are you watering them every day? Have you got the colour combos right?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/IslanderTar/status/1245445622141988865?s=20

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

superior ver

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Are you planting them the BEST AND RIGHT way?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
that's a really good guide but I hate that they misspelled crossbreeding

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I keep getting just Normal villagers on islands, and I already have two! I've seen all three normal kangaroos!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The 1 AM theme is very good stumbling home drunk from the bar music.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Bleck posted:

that's a really good guide but I hate that they misspelled crossbreeding

Some of the flowers magically swap places in a couple of them as well.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Where the hell can I get a sandwich in this game?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

There's an update out, 1.1.2. No details just yet.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Waffle! posted:

Replaced remaining fish with eggs.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Waffle! posted:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/switch/software_support/acbaa/112.html

quote:

General

- Under certain conditions, animals that had been invited to move from another island did not move and the vacant land to be relocated remained closed.

<Correspondence with the save data in which the problem occurs>
After the renewal, the land that has been closed will return to uncontracted and you will be able to relocate new animals.
Sorry, animals that were scheduled to migrate at the time of the failure will not return to their original island and will not be migrated this time.

- Fixed a bug that caused the raccoon to stop asking the Islanders under certain conditions to secure construction land for new migrants.

After the update, if the island has developed to a certain state (if the raccoon store is under construction or completed), a specific event will occur during the broadcast on the island in the next play of the islander representative, Will progress.

- Fixed a bug where deleting a user under certain conditions would make it impossible to apply for relocation of homes and facilities.

After updating, you can apply for relocation again.

- Fixed an issue where purchasing items from Lodley on an island on a tour going out on "mile miles" would reduce the money you own along with the miles.

- Several other bugs have been fixed.

-----
There is no local communication compatibility with Ver. 1.1.1 or earlier. Please prepare the version of the update data with the person who plays together.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 2, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

The balloons are still terrorising my village :(

Neunundneunzig Eggballons
Floating in your village sky
Panic bells, it's red alert
Zipper's here from somewhere else

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 2, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

I wonder if it fixed the bug with balloons not showing up after claiming the 300 balloon reward.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

unlocked path/terraforming tool and spent the evening realizing i need to re-arrange literally everything in my island, and probably move every single bridge :negative: ahhhh...

i'm not usually the kind of person who puts a ton of work into building things super-nice, but something about how easy it is to make a cute, cozy-feeling space just by placing a few items around is really making me want to spend some effort on designing a really good-looking island :3: I tried to take a picture of the little fountain-space I made between the airport and the plaza, but Cranston wouldn't stop photo-bombing it.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I just opened my gates to see if it would stop the balloons and got a "maintenance will soon begin" message...

There is also now a bench out of nowhere in my town square? wtf?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Maybe I've just gotten used to it, but the stream of eggs seems to have become a little slower. Still took me a while to actually fish some fish rather than eggs. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Hobo Ozzie had one too many