Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man

This is just not what I wanted from this ending

I don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rody One Half posted:

Man

This is just not what I wanted from this ending

I don't know

We don't know that the series is ending yet.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

They still have to hold a tournament arc to determine the new pillars.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is KnY going to be the first shounen to run and end without a tournament arc???

because it's clearly about to end

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Patware posted:

is KnY going to be the first shounen to run and end without a tournament arc???

because it's clearly about to end

Idm since I find the tourney arc to be boring.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bleach didn't have a tournament arc.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dexo posted:

Bleach didn't have a tournament arc.

Every arc was a tournament arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Spoilers for next week's chapter.

Seriously this is major and turns everything on it's head, we may not be ending anytime soon, so I am giving a buffer

Tanjirou is a bad boy now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

USOOO DAAAAAAAAAA

USOOO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :psyboom:

AN DEN TANGERO WUZ UH DEMON :psyboom:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 2, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lemme say this:

Oh yeah?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ah so we ARE getting the typical shounen rescue arc

Caros
May 14, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Doubtful Imo.

Possible, to be sure, but given that nezuko managed to pull herself back together after being infected, it is possible that they manage to get Tanjiro to fight it off.

That or we get a multi year timeskip to follow Nezuko the demon slayer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It's does not look like it. Given that it appears that Muzan fully possess Tanjiro.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Muzan is going to escape to Egypt

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I for one look forward to Nezuko's great grandson, Tanjojo, defeating Muzan for good.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
hope the series doesnt start limping along like so many other manga that continued past a good end point only because they sold well

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Raposa posted:

I for one look forward to Nezuko's great grandson, Tanjojo, defeating Muzan for good.

After they ditch the Hamon Swords for Stand Swords?

EDIT: Wait poo poo that would just be Bleach nevermind nevermind :gonk:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Relin posted:

hope the series doesnt start limping along like so many other manga that continued past a good end point only because they sold well

Come on man...we both know that's EXACTLY what's gonna happen.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Relin posted:

*laughs* holding copies of DGM and Blue Excorist

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's does not look like it. Given that it appears that Muzan fully possess Tanjiro.

It's not possession, it's Muzan taking a page out of the Demon Slayer's book and deciding to entrust his hopes to Demon!Tanjiro.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's not possession, it's Muzan taking a page out of the Demon Slayer's book and deciding to entrust his hopes to Demon!Tanjiro.

Hoping this is a new arc and not a last hurrah before the ending. Mostly because it will be interesting to see what villain-Tanjirou would do with Muzan's powers, assuming he retains most of his original personality but rewired with Muzan's vengeance as his overriding objective. I mean, Muzan was paranoid and obsessed with removing all possible threats to himself, so he created demons who were (with a few notable exceptions) solitary monsters who he forbid from interacting with anyone outside of his say-so and put a tight leash on their ability to think and act independently of him, but Tanjirou doesn't care about any of that at all. So yeah I'd totally be interested to see what kinda shop Demon-king Tanjirou would run.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

But apparently he is inheriting all of Muzan's thoughts and memories. Which pretty much makes him the reincarnation.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Tanjirou... not a good boy?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What's the source for this .

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

What's the source for this.
It's the entirety of the newest chapter.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Legal versions of the chapter are one week delayed over illegal ones

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

It's the entirety of the newest chapter.

Where do I read it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GorfZaplen posted:

Where do I read it.

Just spoilers right now. Were the chapter up in full I would link it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm getting mixed messages here. Anyway I hope it's true because it'd be the first interesting thing to happen in this manga for months

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm getting mixed messages here. Anyway I hope it's true because it'd be the first interesting thing to happen in this manga for months

We have the Raws and such we know they are true.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Hoping this is a new arc and not a last hurrah before the ending. Mostly because it will be interesting to see what villain-Tanjirou would do with Muzan's powers, assuming he retains most of his original personality but rewired with Muzan's vengeance as his overriding objective. I mean, Muzan was paranoid and obsessed with removing all possible threats to himself, so he created demons who were (with a few notable exceptions) solitary monsters who he forbid from interacting with anyone outside of his say-so and put a tight leash on their ability to think and act independently of him, but Tanjirou doesn't care about any of that at all. So yeah I'd totally be interested to see what kinda shop Demon-king Tanjirou would run.

yea tbh that with nezuko as the protag would be interesting. I kinda liked how muzan went out too

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Of course it can't be over, there are some people we care about that aren't dead yet.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Well, that was unexpected.

And Inosuke is still best boy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter link

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006546

Inosuke :smith:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If Inosuke dies next chapter I swear...

JESUS gently caress WHY ARE ALL SERIES SO DARK THIS WEEK

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014
As dramatic a twist as this is, I doubt that Tanjiro is going to cross the point of no return of killing someone and this probably ends quickly with Nezuko saving him as a parallel to the start of the manga.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Dude, loving spoiler tag that poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nanigans posted:

Dude, loving spoiler tag that poo poo.

We have the chapter link.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have faith in Tanjirou being a good boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everyone who told me to read the manga after the anime aired because it was going to end soon is going to hell for lying.