Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

I am looking forward to it. Your games are really good!

😳😳

Drunk Nerds posted:

These give me a lot to work with, thanks!

Oh gently caress don't listen to me, I'm so sorry. I was referencing a game I ran called Cloaks where the scum had a one-shot false flip ability that wrecked the town due to a number of factors and they were not happy about it.

Still a great game to read though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im going to open up Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines mafia very soon.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Somberbrero posted:

😳😳

Oh gently caress don't listen to me, I'm so sorry. I was referencing a game I ran called Cloaks where the scum had a one-shot false flip ability that wrecked the town due to a number of factors and they were not happy about it.

Still a great game to read though.

in it, voted 5

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Im going to open up Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines mafia very soon.

:monocle:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

I will open game soon.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry Yami might have to bail on hidden role, I can't handle two games rn

Or any other time really

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Goons I am bored so empty quote this and I will assign you either a Danganronpa character or a JoJos character, or if nothing seems to fit I will pick something else weeby

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Goons I am bored so empty quote this and I will assign you either a Danganronpa character or a JoJos character, or if nothing seems to fit I will pick something else weeby

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Bifauxnen posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I better pick something JoJos for you hey

You can be NARANCIA cause he's not always thinking things through and just blowing poo poo the gently caress up lighting all the cars on the street on fire but that can be fun

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ooh let's see here

You can be YOUNGER BROTHER D'ARBY whose first name I forget rn cause you like making us all dance like puppets in your wacky setups

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You get to be KISHIBE ROHAN cause you are creating high quality content and always observing everything for more knowledge (even if it means going to crazy lengths like licking a spider)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I better pick something JoJos for you hey

:synthy:

quote:

You can be NARANCIA cause he's not always thinking things through and just blowing poo poo the gently caress up lighting all the cars on the street on fire but that can be fun

:hmmyes:

Bifauxnen posted:

Ooh let's see here

You can be YOUNGER BROTHER D'ARBY whose first name I forget rn cause you like making us all dance like puppets in your wacky setups

Terrence I believe

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Bifauxnen posted:

Ooh let's see here

Checks video

Seems about right.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

:emptyquote:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I can't come up with anything from a known published weeb media rn cause I can't stop thinking about how if Pod ever runs his Persona LARP thing you should be the "fall down go boom" Tower card guy, so ask Pod for the deets

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Bifauxnen posted:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Though it should be noted that I am an older weeb, and don't know what either of those shows are.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You can be SPEEDWAGON cause you always got a lot to say and even when you're technically a badguy it sure doesn't seem like it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

Though it should be noted that I am an older weeb, and don't know what either of those shows are.

JoJos is prolly as old as you!!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

JoJos is prolly as old as you!!

Huh...it is much older than I thought it was.

Still not quite as old as me, but close :P.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Jojo Rabbit is a great movie.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man I am super tempted to give you Hagakure but that's lazy haha

No wait you can be the dude with the Lovers Stand, DAN OF STEEL, always going on about how your Stand may be the smallest and weakest but that conceals its great strategic power muhahahahahahaha

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Bifauxnen posted:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

Man I am super tempted to give you Hagakure but that's lazy haha

No wait you can be the dude with the Lovers Stand, DAN OF STEEL, always going on about how your Stand may be the smallest and weakest but that conceals its great strategic power muhahahahahahaha

Lmao

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Argh I don't know you well enough yet to have this be any more than surface level but in DQ Builders you seemed just nice and townie helpful once your mason thing was out there, so you can be, uhhhhh, GONTA! Yeah weren't you like a kickass fighter in that game, so there you go, a gentle giant type

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Hi

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

E: dont feel limited to any particular anime, I am vaguely familiar with JoJo and not at all familiar with dragonronpa

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 2, 2020

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Danganronpa please because I am familiar with those characters.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Bifauxnen posted:

this is an open invitation to call me joseph jostar

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
What's more fun:
A. Having a fixed period of time for the Day period, and killing whoever has the most votes at the end of it
B. Having a fixed period of time for the Day period, but only killing someone who gets the majority of votes (otherwise day ends with no kill)
C. Day period goes on until someone gets a majority of votes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think A with a built in minimum threshold

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Drunk Nerds posted:

Have we tried this in recent memory? Right now, games lazily approach every deadline.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s been done in a few minor attempts but it absolutely leads to massive lurking. Everyone here is very trained to do nothing until deadline

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Majority voting is fine in theory but in practice it's a pain in the rear end to moderate. Having the most recently cast vote act as a tie-breaker leads to some real degenerate nonsense.

I think in general days need shorter deadlines, weekends are just rough.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Drunk Nerds posted:

What's more fun:
A. Having a fixed period of time for the Day period, and killing whoever has the most votes at the end of it
B. Having a fixed period of time for the Day period, but only killing someone who gets the majority of votes (otherwise day ends with no kill)

A. Almost everyone will lurk, Town will be effortlessly destroyed by strategic voting.
B. Most people will lurk until the last 6-12 hours. Both alignments have a fair shot.
C. Almost everyone will lurk and the game may be entirely abandoned. People will post in their other games instead (just before deadlines).

I have generally only ever played Ione game at a time. I wonder how much of the bad habit of only engaging in the lead-up to deadline is due to people splitting their attention and posting between juggling multiple simultaneous games?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
My only experience with a deadline-plurality system was in the Two Post game and that definitely wasn't the best game to serve as an example for it. Don't remember it actually coming up either. Never played any that just straight up had no deadline, but I can't see that lasting long in practice. It's more like something that sounds good on paper than in reality.

Bifauxnen posted:

Argh I don't know you well enough yet to have this be any more than surface level but in DQ Builders you seemed just nice and townie helpful once your mason thing was out there, so you can be, uhhhhh, GONTA! Yeah weren't you like a kickass fighter in that game, so there you go, a gentle giant type

If it was gonna be any DR3 character, I was expecting Kaito so this is a nice surprise. I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think the problem isn’t people signing up fortoo many games. It’s people signing up for games and then just not posting, even if they’re reading, just not posting. Scum or town.