Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is that 6.6 in addition to the previous 3-7 million ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

workers of the world unite! you have nothing to lose but your bootstraps healthcare

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

euphronius posted:

yes, but it doesn't include the people put on zero-hour contract status which is probably a few million more

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Jonestown #1453252

:nms:https://imgur.com/p9KFzcm.png:nms:
JONESTOWN DEAD IN THESE PICS
:nms:https://imgur.com/nHfr7f6.png:nms:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 15:17 on Apr 2, 2020

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

a.lo posted:

how do i make my own horsey sauce

Mayo and horse radish squeezins

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Remington was shot the day after he prayed with 2016 presidential candidate Ted Cruz.

Kyle Odom, a marine veteran who had studied biochemistry at the the University of Idaho, was sentenced to more than 10 years for the shooting. He said he believed that Remington was an alien who possessed people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Yep https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/02/jobless-march-coronavirus/

quote:

Over 10 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits in March as economy collapsed
A record 6.6 million people filed a new jobless claim the week ending March 28.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

pelosi will save us with a salt cap repeal

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

upgunned shitpost posted:

yes, but it doesn't include the people put on zero-hour contract status which is probably a few million more

when do we get u-6 numbers

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

yes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think I just cracked my ping

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

good morning everyone in home jail

here in Georgia we've officially got a shelter in place order through April 13

I thought about running outside this morning but nahhhhhhhh

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

trumps going to lose his poo poo when he hears that

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nitrousoxide posted:

Tests per day has flattened out. % of cases tested which are positive is still increasing indicating a still growing undetected spread.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1245105474359513090?s=20

At this point deaths will be a better estimate of the spread, albeit time shifted back 2-3 weeks, since that's usually how long it takes to die.

death count will be overwhelmed shortly as well, as more and more people die outside of hospitals and the county MEs' notes of possible respiratory related won't get tallied up in the daily numbers

Marie Furie
Nov 11, 2016

don't worry everyone Number is going up

https://twitter.com/TheStreet/status/1245691471363268608?s=20

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how does that make sense in any reality

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

frajaq posted:

think I'm getting corona news fatigue :negative:

watch aew wrestling wednesdays at 9pm on tnt

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pumping the number to try to disprove Marxist labor theory

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

CODChimera posted:

didn't you hear, employees are obligations on the balance sheet, not assets.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

CODChimera posted:

Save money on labour costs, increase profit :capitalism:

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

CODChimera posted:

Everyone expected things to be terrible and sold stocks, things were as terrible as expected so at least the uncertainty is gone and now people buy stocks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NightGyr posted:

things were as terrible as expected

They were actually more terrible, the unemployment rate more than doubled what was expected (6.6mil reality, 3.1mil expected)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
dow jones average has nothing to do with the actual economy its all about how people feel about the economy

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

number will be fine as long as no one thinks that corporations are supposed to actually produce things or provide services

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Deceptive Thinker posted:

dow jones average has nothing to do with the actual economy its all about how people feel about the economy

yeah but who the gently caress doesn't feel moderate amounts of uneasiness right now?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Raiad posted:

number will be fine as long as no one thinks that corporations are supposed to actually produce things or provide services

this - number is for the rich
the rich never suffer

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

If you have Netflix, cancel that poo poo watch Babylon Berlin

it's peak tv-noir

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

You have to accept that the relationship between stock number and actual financial performance is passing at best. From there, hell, youre ready to trade!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CODChimera posted:

yeah but who the gently caress doesn't feel moderate amounts of uneasiness right now?

Ladies and gentlemen, the Aristocrats!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

stock number is just a horny number, not a sex number. sometimes less sex -> more horny

orange sky
May 7, 2007

We're getting futures and premarket data right now. When poo poo opens to the public my opinion is it's gonna be a bloodbath

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

CODChimera posted:

Wealth moving from everyone in society towards investors pockets

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

CODChimera posted:

payroll cuts and overnight loans for stock buybacks

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Two more US gov employee COVID-19 deaths last night

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Would like to see Trump change the narrative again and tell his followers that the miracle drug isn't looking so good, but putting garlic in your socks and applying essential oils is looking very successful in trials, because at least that wouldn't actively kill people.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

upgunned shitpost posted:

I think they can still file ?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Here's a visual

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Knight posted:

Would like to see Trump change the narrative again and tell his followers that the miracle drug isn't looking so good, but putting garlic in your socks and applying essential oils is looking very successful in trials, because at least that wouldn't actively kill people.

I could see trump leading very strongly into china-blaming, then receiving a Xi-call, to move to other post tomorrow.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Even though I am in a completely other country, I feel like I am going insane. My coworkers are more productive than ever and I feel like screaming "WHY ARE YOU WORKING SO HARD? WE ARE ALL GOING TO BECOME HOMELESS FOREVER!" I know the standard advice is "don't watch the news" but is shielding yourself from the truth a healthy attitude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

orange sky posted:

Job loss in Spain - look at the 2008-9 crisis in this, lmao we're all hosed

thats just the feb->march change of the each year its not the yearly cum change