Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Caedus posted:

I was watching some American TV while visiting my dad last summer and they had a commercial on about a T2 Diabetes drug and one of the side effects was holes in your taint.

I'll take 20 insulin shots a day before I take a drug that's has a side effect of "taint holes" tyvm.

so no, nothing from the Taint Store thanks

My wife is a health researcher and I asked her about this and she was like "oh yeah that's a thing, Fournier's Gangrene".

Not googling it, just going to trust her on this one.

edit: what a loving snipe. Wow.

Here, have whatever i can dredge up quickly.

Memento has a new favorite as of 07:58 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Memento posted:

My wife is a health researcher and I asked her about this and she was like "oh yeah that's a thing, Fournier's Gangrene".

Do not Google Image Search this.

DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH THIS!

DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH THIS!!!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

zedprime posted:

Joey is correct but also probably unironically uses the word sheeple.

That's just what he calls his neighbours Muffy, Baabara and Willow.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i just want to know who the hell fournier was

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Memento posted:

edit: what a loving snipe. Wow.

Here, have whatever i can dredge up quickly.

I’ve treated it multiple times over the years. It’s usually pretty awful. Often requires intense IV antibiotics and sometimes plastic surgery or in the worst cases surgical washout of the scrotum and lower pelvis. It can be life threatening if it leads to diabetic keto acidosis, and since it in that situation is the driver of the keto acidosis it is hard to reverse and thus can become life threatening.

Yeah the GIS surely will not help you’re appetite or sleep or anything. It’s a pretty rare type of infection though.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Doc Hawkins posted:

I don't know if you're into series all that much....

....but that was a different guy

Captain Splendid has a new favorite as of 08:23 on Apr 2, 2020

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Doc Hawkins posted:

Almost certainly just some doctor who was first to describe it. Or if not the first then the most famous.

Apparently that's what doctors do/did: race to see who can be the first to find out some new disease or part of the body so they can name it after themselves.

At least, that's my understanding after listening to https://maximumfun.org/podcasts/sawbones/ . Which you should do, because it's great.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

i never listen

i really should have listened this time

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
That... That sure is a thing.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

jesus WEP posted:

i never listen

i really should have listened this time

Most things are fine to search but medical things are not, they never are. If it was funny to look at someone would post it so the lack of pics is damning.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

thats a whole lot of hosed up dicks and balls

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Lodin posted:

Heading out to the store, any of you guys need anything?

Yeah? Well I just called the taint store, and they're all out of you!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Grand Egg posted:

thats a whole lot of hosed up dicks and balls

turn on your monitor

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve treated it multiple times over the years. It’s usually pretty awful. Often requires intense IV antibiotics and sometimes plastic surgery or in the worst cases surgical washout of the scrotum and lower pelvis. It can be life threatening if it leads to diabetic keto acidosis, and since it in that situation is the driver of the keto acidosis it is hard to reverse and thus can become life threatening.

Yeah the GIS surely will not help you’re appetite or sleep or anything. It’s a pretty rare type of infection though.

Is this like debriding?

This is another word not to google image search

this is not a place of honour

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

This message is a warning about danger

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just don't google image search anything you don't already know what it is.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Busty college girl fulfills her dream by earning her phd. :)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blurred posted:

Busty college girls fulfills her dream by earning her phd. :)

:unsmith:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blind Rasputin posted:

One of my closest friends got fournier's about a decade ago, it was horrifically sudden. One minute he's sitting on the couch at home feeling slightly off, an hour or two later he was lying on an operating table getting his scrotum amputated. Apparently he died on the table a few times but they managed to bring him back.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/apractical_man/status/1245455747397242880?s=21

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

One of my closest friends got fournier's about a decade ago, it was horrifically sudden. One minute he's sitting on the couch at home feeling slightly off, an hour or two later he was lying on an operating table getting his scrotum amputated. Apparently he died on the table a few times but they managed to bring him back.

So did he wind up as a cyborg with a robotic scrotum or something? Please finish the tale.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1245677224877002752?s=20

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Sound on, the delivery here is amazing.

https://i.imgur.com/lD565DJ.mp4

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Caedus posted:

I was watching some American TV while visiting my dad last summer and they had a commercial on about a T2 Diabetes drug and one of the side effects was holes in your taint.

I'll take 20 insulin shots a day before I take a drug that's has a side effect of "taint holes" tyvm.

so no, nothing from the Taint Store thanks

They're speed holes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

So did he wind up as a cyborg with a robotic scrotum or something? Please finish the tale.

You're probably happier not knowing

They had to 'bank' his testicles in his thighs to save them, months later he had plastic surgery to create a new scrotum but the surgeon didn't do such a great job because some hair follicles got stuck on the inside and were constantly insanely itchy. Also my friend's penis somehow ended up one inch shorter.
He ended up with chronic pain from all this but he also had a history of addiction so the doctors would never prescribe effective meds and his pain doc was suggesting he try meditation and poo poo like that to deal with it. Instead he decided to self medicate by taking fistfulls of ibuprofen every day, travelling around to a whole bunch of pharmacists in the area to buy up as many boxes of it as they'd allow and lying about how much he was buying at other dispensaries. One time I saw him sit down and swallow over 50 pills one after the other, apparently he did that every single day. Of course that ended up loving up his stomach and his liver real bad and caused him a whole bunch of other complications.
He'd always been a charismatic, persuasive guy but after all that poo poo he became downright manipulative and controlling and eventually lost all his friends. His wife had been super supportive and devoted but he eventually drove her away as well, and last I heard he was borderline homeless and living in a halfway house somewhere.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:24 on Apr 2, 2020

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Hi thread, can recommend leaving the spoiler unspoiled. Ta

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Not as bad as Dr. E. Henry Thripshaw’s Disease.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

They had to 'bank' his testicles in his thighs to save them, months later he had plastic surgery to create a new scrotum but the surgeon didn't do such a great job because some hair follicles got stuck on the inside and were constantly insanely itchy. Also my friend's penis somehow ended up one inch shorter.
He ended up with chronic pain from all this but he also had a history of addiction so the doctors would never prescribe effective meds and his pain doc was suggesting he try meditation and poo poo like that to deal with it. Instead he decided to self medicate by taking fistfulls of ibuprofen every day, travelling around to a whole bunch of pharmacists in the area to buy up as many boxes of it as they'd allow and lying about how much he was buying at other dispensaries. One time I saw him sit down and swallow over 50 pills one after the other, apparently he did that every single day. Of course that ended up loving up his stomach and his liver real bad and caused him a whole bunch of other complications.
He'd always been a charismatic, persuasive guy but after all that poo poo he became downright manipulative and controlling and eventually lost all his friends. His wife had been super supportive and devoted but he eventually drove her away as well, and last I heard he was borderline homeless and living in a halfway house somewhere.

Wow. :smith:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DPYF disease

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Tree Bucket posted:

Hi thread, can recommend leaving the spoiler unspoiled. Ta

Why do I never listen?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

You're probably happier not knowing

But how did he get it in the first place?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Scratch Monkey posted:

Pizza Hut

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

:goonsay: That's a bookmark, not a tab. It's not like browsers are new technology.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
HEY EVERYONE DON'T GOOGLE LOTUS TITTY

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Data Graham posted:

DPYF disease

My favorites are botfly infection, miliary tuberculosis, and the diphtheria pseudo membrane that thank god doesn’t occur any more because of the vaccine.

Botfly infections aren’t some HR Giger level poo poo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Scratch Monkey posted:

I have no idea and frankly I'm not gonna go googling its causes

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I have no idea and frankly I'm not gonna go googling its causes

Gangrene in general is caused by infection of some kind, stemming off of some complication like an abscess or physical trauma (e.x: deep cuts/bruises/burns getting infected after a car crash). Without overstepping my bounds it's reasonable to guess your friend wasn't washing his balls.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8oWaTumOc

PSA-- let your loved ones help you prevent gangrene

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wbuZ3Wl1I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005