Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I unlocked path making finally. Also saw the credits. I won’t spoil but it is epic.

Are there actual paths? I thought it was just people placing designs on the ground, which seemed like a big pain but a lot of people are devoted to their decorating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Are there actual paths? I thought it was just people placing designs on the ground, which seemed like a big pain but a lot of people are devoted to their decorating.

there are actual paths and its one of the few things in the game u have infinite of.....they also have really good audio feedback. if u get some wooden geisha sandals put em on and run on some paths.....really satisfying sfx

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that tool to create the qr codes is cool:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All my apple poo poo is set to Cambodia and I can’t download the app because it isn’t available. Whenever anyone talks to me in multi I groan and spend 4 minutes typing a reply on the switch. I also can’t do any cool QR code stuff :gonk:

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

real glad to hear there's a path making tool. i've been wanting to make some death stranding style dirt paths

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Excellent news

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Project K

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Chuck I don't have you on AC friends yet but I wanted to send you a Papa Panda. I have a feeling he'd be a formidable foe for your Godzilla.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1245564839893684224

(He is very far away in this image)

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Thanks to whoever sent me a hammock based on in-game rambling while visiting someone else :hellyeah: I'm not really up-to-speed on what game-account is tied to what forum-account yet :sweatdrop:

Got my 2nd room built today, and getting into decorating a bit more, and def feel like corner counter-tops are missing from the line-up a bit. I'm not in a rush, but have people seen those yet? Maybe that is the wrong word in English, but I mean like, when you have a corner of the room, are there pieces that fits that well and segues into your regular counter-tops for living room, bathroom and kitchen spaces?

Matching stuff is tricky (and fun) since, besides slight differences in height and color-options betweens sets; most counter-tops, and especially the ones with clear spaces to place things on top of, seems to be 1x1 blocks, and they look nice, but they don't really connect to each other :whitewater: Super fun playing dollhouse, but hoping those corner-pieces and longer counters appear at some point!

Kitchenette is cool & thanks @ Mister B for the cutting board & red roses, and elf-butt for chrysanthemums!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

Thanks to whoever sent me a hammock based on in-game rambling while visiting someone else :hellyeah: I'm not really up-to-speed on what game-account is tied to what forum-account yet :sweatdrop:

You’re welcome!

American McGay posted:

Chuck I don't have you on AC friends yet but I wanted to send you a Papa Panda. I have a feeling he'd be a formidable foe for your Godzilla.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1245564839893684224

(He is very far away in this image)

Awesome, thanks! My island will be closed for remodeling for most of today but I’ll open it up for visitors later, or stop in on your island at some point

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

If I move a building, is it instant or stay open and gets moved tomorrow?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It stays open and you set another plot and it will move tomorrow. Particularly annoying to those of us who just want to fine tune things and move a business over a few tiles.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

American McGay posted:

It stays open and you set another plot and it will move tomorrow. Particularly annoying to those of us who just want to fine tune things and move a business over a few tiles.

I tried to put all my houses in 2 neat rows but one is 1 tile out of alignment.. from now on im marking out all new plots by digging a bunch of holes im a row and lining them up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Brasseye posted:

I tried to put all my houses in 2 neat rows but one is 1 tile out of alignment.. from now on im marking out all new plots by digging a bunch of holes im a row and lining them up

i planned out where i was gonna put bridges and path tiles by digging a bunch of holes and a friend came into my town and "helped" me by planting full sized trees in my holes

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*

American McGay posted:

It was brutal to have to take two days and pay twice as much to move my house over one tile.

I place patterns on the ground for planning. It isn't as fast as digging but it is nicer to live with if the development won't happen for awhile.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
For some reason, despite visiting several islands, I failed to realize until my 6th villager that you're allowed to build on sand, which really opens up a ton of space.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

elf help book posted:

i planned out where i was gonna put bridges and path tiles by digging a bunch of holes and a friend came into my town and "helped" me by planting full sized trees in my holes

lol owned

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I wish you could just mass-move decorations outside like you can inside, the remodeling I mentioned earlier is because I had to shift my house down a little bit because it was blocking the only stretch of river that could support a bridge between two sections of island (I wish it wasn’t so finicky about where you can put them -_-) and now I’m going to have to spend forever redoing the fencing and gardens and the tree grove and all the other decorations around it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Lol

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Got my 2nd room built today, and getting into decorating a bit more, and def feel like corner counter-tops are missing from the line-up a bit. I'm not in a rush, but have people seen those yet? Maybe that is the wrong word in English, but I mean like, when you have a corner of the room, are there pieces that fits that well and segues into your regular counter-tops for living room, bathroom and kitchen spaces?

Got excited (lol) when I shook a tree earlier rn and a furniture item called "neutral corner" fell out, and when I place it to check it out it turns out to be a 2x2 large corner- segment of a boxing ring lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Got excited (lol) when I shook a tree earlier rn and a furniture item called "neutral corner" fell out, and when I place it to check it out it turns out to be a 2x2 large corner- segment of a boxing ring lol

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Unlocked paths and terraforming. Paths seem kinda annoying and difficult to make work well so I'll probably use they sparingly as accents. Terraforming seems cooler but I also kinda like my island as is so I'll probably just use it to smooth out some rough edges but I also can't help thinking that you could probably use it to do something really cool if you were creative enough.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I was looking forward to terraforming but I like the current vibe of my island too much to screw around with it. I may move the rivers around a bit.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Iona is open for visitors, but I’ll probably be afk for most of the day, if not all of it. Oranges and pears are available for picking and the bug NPC is visiting.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

i cant put bridges in the places i wanted to put them and its really messing up the "flow" of my island 😒

do you get a tool to fix this or do i need to start moving houses around?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

que sera sera posted:

i cant put bridges in the places i wanted to put them and its really messing up the "flow" of my island 😒

do you get a tool to fix this or do i need to start moving houses around?

Terraforming will probably help with it since you finagle blocks and rivers to let you build cleaner bridges.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Depends on why you can't place the bridge. If there's something in the way you'll need to move it but if it's because the river is a weird shape you could try to hold off for a while until you unlock terraforming and try to make them work that way.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

In Training posted:

Terraforming will probably help with it since you finagle blocks and rivers to let you build cleaner bridges.

American McGay posted:

Depends on why you can't place the bridge. If there's something in the way you'll need to move it but if it's because the river is a weird shape you could try to hold off for a while until you unlock terraforming and try to make them work that way.

Thanks! I'll hold off on building until then. I will have lost 300,000 bells in unsatisfactory bridge placement but ultimately anything is better than subpar flow. Nothing shall impede my frolicking.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also gonna be open all day while I'm at work, for no real reason other than I went nuts with paths this morning. Come visit my gigachad penguin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
paths are autism inducing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

paths are autism inducing
*paving an entire intricate plaza area with stone and then deciding I want to see what it would look like as arched tile, only to not like the look of arched tile once I change everything so I switch it all back to stone*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Iona is open for visitors, but I’ll probably be afk for most of the day, if not all of it. Oranges and pears are available for picking and the bug NPC is visiting.

Closed for now because my internet connection is making GBS threads itself and I still need to work. Probably back online later

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Evil Eagle posted:

Also gonna be open all day while I'm at work, for no real reason other than I went nuts with paths this morning. Come visit my gigachad penguin

He was the only villager outside when I visited. Cool island btw

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Should I make basically a ziggurat at the north of my island with staircases going down2 levels on 3 sides with just enough room for my house on top.....

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Unlocked paths and terraforming. Paths seem kinda annoying and difficult to make work well so I'll probably use they sparingly as accents. Terraforming seems cooler but I also kinda like my island as is so I'll probably just use it to smooth out some rough edges but I also can't help thinking that you could probably use it to do something really cool if you were creative enough.

herculon posted:

I was looking forward to terraforming but I like the current vibe of my island too much to screw around with it. I may move the rivers around a bit.

I think it was smart of them to gate it for this reason, if I got it right away I would have made my dream island but by the time I get it I'm going to be attached enough to my island that I'll use it to make tweaks and edits but not reshape the whole thing.

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*

lol

I got a Box Corner Sofa today, made me think there might be a corner counter out there for you.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Finally got some blue windflowers today :drum:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

que sera sera posted:

Finally got some blue windflowers today :drum:
I've been farming them manually (huge checkerboard fields of whites that I have to water by hand cause it never rains) and it's so painful lol. I get like 1 or 2 new buds a day.

I should just drop 20k on tickets and hope I get the rare flower island. gently caress this poo poo lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wasn't planning on becoming a flowerhead in this game but the rare colors look really good. The purple rose is really nice and there's a blue hyacinth that looks pretty good too.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1246288649005576192?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

yeah its slow, but it's fun to make the rounds and see what's sprouted