Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

euphronius posted:

the catch is in the USA when you are laid off you don’t get health benefits unless you pay for the employer contribution

Loosing your job which provides health insurance is a "qualifying life event" which lets you shop the marketplace regardless of open enrollment

https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/qualifying-life-event/

What opening up enrollment would primarily do is allow those who'd chosen to not get health insurance to buy in, or those who's employer did not provide health insurance and they lost their job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

AceOfFlames posted:

And end up destroying my body by old age? Still would rather have the heart attack.

Yes, electrician, invalid at 50.
At the rate youre going, heath attack is a deffo possibility so good job I guess?

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

what does this map even mean? Louisiana had a stay at home order by 3/22.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Apparently 12% of Pennsylvania's workforce applied for unemployment in the last two weeks.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

kopasetic posted:

It's just some racist nonsense

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

quote:

Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist of UFG Bank, said the 9.9 million jobless claims filed in the past two weeks combined with February’s number means 15.74 million people are out of work for an unemployment rate of 9.6%

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Milo_Edwards/status/1245703262222929920?s=20

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Apparently 12% of Pennsylvania's workforce applied for unemployment in the last two weeks.

lol

Every rural county in the state, combined, has a smaller economy than Philadelphia County and the three surrounding urbanized counties.

Pennsylvania's economy has been absolute trash for decades if you weren't in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Centre County (Penn State).

Yuli Ban
Nov 22, 2016

Bot

kopasetic posted:

Louisianan here. If you seriously think people here followed that order, then I want you to eat some of these bugs I found in the mud. Try 'em, they're delicious. (Not even lying either)

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

kopasetic posted:

yeah every non red area in the south is a city so it makes more sense that people wouldn't need to drive more than two miles but in the red areas people probably have to go at least 5-10 miles to get to the nearest grocery store

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

seems bad

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

there are plenty of jobs available digging mass graves in the penal system if people are willing to bootstrap themselves into it

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Yuli Ban posted:

Louisianan here. If you seriously think people here followed that order, then I want you to eat some of these bugs I found in the mud. Try 'em, they're delicious. (Not even lying either)

no thank u mudbugs give you mudbutt

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Over Easy posted:

there are plenty of jobs available digging mass graves in the penal system if people are willing to bootstrap themselves into it

you could buy some land cheap and start digging the mass graves now so you can sell them in a month

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

kopasetic posted:

There's a lot of conflating information in this map. Urbanized areas where you don't need to travel far to do things or go to work would show up as green, even if they didn't enforce stay at home orders.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Nine of the 14 states that have refused to expand Medicaid to poor residents under the Affordable Care Act are in the South.

I live in one of the northern ones because we had a governor that boasted he was "Trump before Trump."

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

*coofs*

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

dude trying to be the t-shirt

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1245719787851915264

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

McKinsey is assisting the Danish government with the pandemic response. We're all gonna die.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drat wish i had a hookah for quarantine

Apr 7, 2003

Bert Roberge posted:

Nine of the 14 states that have refused to expand Medicaid to poor residents under the Affordable Care Act are in the South.

I live in one of the northern ones because we had a governor that boasted he was "Trump before Trump."

Dying of Whiteness is a great book that studies healthcare outcomes in Kentucky (which took Medicaid expansion) versus Tennessee (which didn't), it's a great read and I'm gonna keep plugging it until everyone reads it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

whats lmao in japanese

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Throatwarbler posted:

I just realized that this is not, in fact, Florida congressman Matt Gaetz.

whenever matt gaetz does something extremely stupid that reporter guy posts "welp today's gonna suck" lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

NofrikinfuN posted:

this thread might have saved my life long enough for me to have to face the apocalypse

does anyone know if there are places to buy seeds for gardens online? what's a good subsistence garden variety?

turn your dead neighbors' yards into memorial gardens full of potatoes just potatoes for blocks

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
6.6 million crisis actors hired to be unemployed smh

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Good soup! posted:

whats lmao in japanese

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1245717160502202369?s=20

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/janerichsen/status/1245707839789838340

Quarantine going pretty well for this guy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

yeah just casually fell into my knife sculpture

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

mastershakeman posted:

the ACA is vastly cheaper than cobra, people can go on that with a job loss. and i'm sure people who were making under $15/hr weren't getting jack poo poo from employer health care anywasy

"the ACA"? do you mean private plans on the marketplace? are you american?

changing plans means resetting all your OOP maxes/deductibles, possibly changing networks (lol at finding a doc accepting new patients now) and there's no guarantee it's cheaper than cobra

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

orange sky posted:

We're getting futures and premarket data right now. When poo poo opens to the public my opinion is it's gonna be a bloodbath
lol

Apr 7, 2003

Dog Toothbrush posted:

"the ACA"? do you mean private plans on the marketplace?

This, a large swath of Americans are convinced ACA policies are "government insurance," they're just individual commercial policies offered according to ACA guildelines.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

SKULL.GIF posted:

the fun thing about this crisis is I'm recognizing a lot of these ASL interpreters

this guy in particular is really cool

proof:

https://twitter.com/NyleDiMarco/status/1183776022287634433

haha pretty sure i'll recognize him in the future too

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Never stand on a bucket is like the first thing I learned in construction.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

turn your dead neighbors' yards into memorial gardens full of potatoes just potatoes for blocks

my one old neighbor has a huge corn/soybean field out behind my house, i was considering talking him into donating some space for a community garden

our little village has between 60 and 240 people, so a section of it could probably cover us all for a year if we can manage some canning and the like

i don't know how much we can count on freezing/refrigeration though if this is going to be prolonged since its unlikely electric service becomes a right anymore than medical care

probably gonna be eating a lot of river fish this year

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

seems low

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

AceOfFlames posted:

And end up destroying my body by old age? Still would rather have the heart attack.

Youre pathetic. Even for a goon

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Couldn't Malaysian men just not beat thier wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
stop recommending Arby's we already know it spreads by eating rear end