Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The people complaining about Nyla Rose holding the AEW Women's title are the same people that didn't give a poo poo about women's wrestling and actively complained about it until she won the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The people complaining about Nyla Rose holding the AEW Women's title are the same people that didn't give a poo poo about women's wrestling and actively complained about it until she won the belt.

be fair, we can't expect people to give a poo poo about a minority until they can use them as a stick with which to beat a smaller, overlapping minority.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That clip cut over Kofi’s 7 second match with Brock was the worst I’ve felt about laughing at something in a long time

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Peanut President posted:

wasn't eric young womens champ in tna

Knockouts Tag champ with ODB. Held the title for a while, TNA forgot about the titles for a long time, and then suddenly remembered the titles again, realised that Eric Young is actually a guy, and just stripped him and ODB of the titles.

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

I Before E posted:

I think he could carry it with his hand, he's pretty strong and Cena's jock probably isn't very heavy when his cock and balls aren't in it

What about Batista's?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Peanut President posted:

wasn't eric young womens champ in tna

One half of the longest reigning Knockouts Tag Team Champions.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TinTower posted:

One half of the longest reigning Knockouts Tag Team Champions.

LOL that is the most perfectly TNA fact.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Randy Orton is a jacked used car salesman and John Cena is a space robot that's slowly losing coherence.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/kestevon/status/1245146837301907457?s=20

https://twitter.com/kestevon/status/1245157353692909568?s=20

https://twitter.com/kestevon/status/1245155270394667008?s=20

This person finds absolutely no joy in professional wrestling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ah yes, the six foot one Will Ospreay, famed for his unbelievable midair moves, innovative offense, and over-the top selling. What a vanilla midget.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gonna start a gang called the Neo Workrate Marks. Our first task will be to destroy the roving gang that tells people about LA Park.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 1, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The other guy attacked Rey Rey so they're both bad.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Alt marks. No, wait, markists.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Or anything else according to their twitter feed

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It's almost cheating to go looking at replies to Meltzer's tweets.

https://twitter.com/ShawnMatsudaII/status/1245393278356389888

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
100% chance that guy has never seen okada or thinks speaking english is a requirement to having charisma

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
April Fools

https://twitter.com/LadyofWWE/status/1245377356912525312

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Imagine being such a monumental dingus that you don't see Okada as a larger than life character.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Imagine being such a monumental dingus that you don't see Okada as a larger than life character.

He's not though he supposedly spends a lot of money in real life!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Okada got me excited about boats. And I despise boats. That's more than EC3 (or whoever that guy's in the bag for) ever did for me.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Not surprising that a Lacey Evans roleplay account doesn't understand the concept of an April Fool's Joke.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

The guy knocking Okada has an Okada profile picture. Pretty sure he’s just a troll. His pinned tweet is how the real Americans storyline was great because it’s anti-SJW. He posted it 7 hours ago.

E: And now he changed his profile pic to Finn Balor but his cover photo is the young bucks :psyduck:

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 1, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Catching up:

Alaois posted:

why would you buy a parachute

:laffo:

STAC Goat posted:

I can say with complete confidence I have never masturbated to WWE programing nor any wrestling tv show.

:agreed:

:lmao:

Did my part and reported that transphobe. Not surprised Twitter doesn't do much about that but still :<

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I reported that guy before and he was tossed in Twitter jail but lol Twitter.

He was the guy banned from AEW shows when someone called him out and I believe posted a video of him shouting transphobic slurs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The guy knocking Okada has an Okada profile picture. Pretty sure he’s just a troll. His pinned tweet is how the real Americans storyline was great because it’s anti-SJW. He posted it 7 hours ago.

I touched the poop and his idea of great wrestling is just the Attitude Era when you could call women sluts and bitches and use homophobic slurs while being the face

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chris James 2 posted:

Catching up:

:laffo:

:agreed:

:lmao:

Did my part and reported that transphobe. Not surprised Twitter doesn't do much about that but still :<

yeah the dozen accounts I went and reported that he made are still up, even the ones that are literally just five tweets of deadnaming nyla and shoving transphobia at random people (including nick cannon??)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can someone walk me through this take?

https://twitter.com/LindseyKelk/status/1245561913884307457

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
someone thinks he's an actual child

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They think Marko Stunt is comparable to like Benoit/Guerrero/Jericho being held back for being small in WCW. (which is incredibly stupid and belongs here ofc)

In the replies they say Stunt should have been made to look a threat which lol

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Even if you could at some point build up Marko Stunt as a credible threat (which I don't think you could unless something dramatically changes; he's not good enough) I don't think you'd lose anything by having be be utterly destroyed by someone like Archer: he's your short term plan while building up this hypothetical smaller person would be longer term and the story you'd tell is them getting slightly better each time; lasting longer (perhaps you do a draw) building to the big win down the road. Doing that with Marko would be dumb though; realistically for someone as small as he is you have to be really very good to be seen as credible and I don't think he is.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They use Marko pretty much perfectly. He can be a useful part of a trio, but he’s always gonna be a jobber in televised singles matches, outwith the occasional upset

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Fundamentally if you're trying to get Archer over as a guy with really insanely creative power moves, of course you're going to put him against the lightest guy on the roster. Marko showed his speed during the march effectively but his job out there was to show how powerful Archar is.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

jesus WEP posted:

They use Marko pretty much perfectly. He can be a useful part of a trio, but he’s always gonna be a jobber in televised singles matches, outwith the occasional upset

perfectly stated - you've got Jungle Boy right there who is also "smaller" and just better at literally everything Stunt does, save "how far can you get thrown"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Plus it seems like there's a natural build towards an Archer/Luchasaurus confrontation right? Like, if you take 'big guy beats up little guy' out of wrestling what do you really have left?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/storytellerwes2/status/1245532320934879232?s=20

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Any take saying WWE would book [x] better is automatically stupid.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you asked Okada if he'd rather "wrestle in front of nobody for WWE in the middle of a health crisis" or "not wrestle until it's safe for New Japan", he'd take the latter

If you asked me if I'd rather "wrestle in front of nobody for WWE in the middle of a health crisis" or "do anything else on Earth", I'd take the latter

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
What is it with people saying "unpopular" when the word is "dumb"?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

njsykora posted:

Any take saying WWE would book [x] better is automatically stupid.

Especially if it involves treating an Asian wrestler w/respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

this might actually be the worst opinion possible.