Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1245708575365894144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

No. Absolutely not. Women pass eggs with their urine and you do not want an ectopic sewage baby forming.

If you need help remembering what you can or cannot flush down the toilet just say "Pippi PeanutButter. PP PB or Piss, Poop, Puke and Bones. Remember kids, the integrity of our sewage systems depends on YOU. Pippi believes in you.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

A wipe is not flushable even if it says so on the package!!!!

toilets are for POOP, PEE, TP, PUKE sometimes and BONES only

If your toilet is close enough to your sink, you can get the benefit of wet wipes with just tp. Just put a little soap on the tp, put it under the sink and blam, a cheap alternative to a wet wipe.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

i live upstate and edit the majority opinion is "it's only the city and it's fine if THEY die because who likes anyone who has ever been to NYC anyway? loving city-people rat cooties"

the managers of the auto shop i worked at were advocating walling the city off and letting them all die and that's why i quit on tuesday lol.

I was just making a joke about NYC exceptionalism in my post and this seems like a really, really stupid thing to do for the reason you listed but alright.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Billions of years of evolution and this is the best we could do.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You don't have to be like a tankie to say that China is generally somewhat competent, eventually, in a way that the US has seemingly become incapable of. It's not being a xi stan it's just saying that the place is generally pretty capable of keeping the lights on vs the free market death cult in the West which is deeply incapable of thinking past the next quarter

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
COVID-19 is at 8 senior care facilities in VT now :ohdear:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Big Beef City posted:

I was just making a joke about NYC exceptionalism in my post and this seems like a really, really stupid thing to do for the reason you listed but alright.

that was the last straw in a pattern of behavior and abuse that included the owner literally screaming at people in a loving rage if a single thing went wrong plus constant homophobic and transphobic bullshit that i had to deal with for two and a half years. advocating the death of my friends and family because they live in the wrong part of the state was the final bit but thanks for your faux concern.

E: also they think covid-19 is a hoax to discredit Trump and as such are not taking a single precaution about it, which had me wanting to quit before i caught it and died anyway (preexisting lung condition)

E2: i put up with this poo poo for 2.5 years because "oh it's not good to be unemployed" but at this point i'd rather be unemployed like everybody else in the time of crisis than, like, continuing to deal with this poo poo until it actually kills me. rational probably not but eh whatever i'm not going to loving get covid-19 from my coughing sneezing coworkers in order to fix a loving dent on some old man's hood

InediblePenguin fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 2, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Glumslinger posted:

Probably just trying to clear shelf space for more rice, beans, and flour

Nah, the store was fully stocked of everything, so people aren't really "prepping" at all here and buying those types of foods in bulk.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Platystemon posted:

Deer are rodents with horns.

Very strongly :agreed:

Also last night I had a dream where I was impromptu tested at a park and tested negative for covid-19, but just the scenario of being stopped and having a test done on me out of the blue while relatively out in the middle of nowhere made me :smith: for about half an hour after I woke up

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Washington has stepped up their graph game. And the Epidemiological curve here seems to have flattened some, however it's too noisy to really tell whether it's still increasing.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

The DOH has made sure the binning on their confirmed cases and deaths reflects meaningful age groups. We've apparently had a lot of cases in the 20-39 age bracket, but so far nofew deaths. The vast majority of deaths are 60-80 year olds.

They've also finally gotten their hospitalization rate working.

Apparently we've been doing between 4 and 5 thousand tests per day since early March, although it looks like there's at least a week of backlog in some places.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

zer0spunk posted:

I would laugh my loving rear end off if the CCP had a CCP spy goon. But yeah, I don't think anyone here is pro xi, what with most of caring about human rights and all. So gently caress his country and whatever sanctions they end slammed with for the initial hiding of it and the total lack of transparency which would have helped save lives

the ccp most definitely has a "spy goon" (more like a propaganda goon) but i haven't seen them or any of their parachutes post in this thread and i think those kind of accusations are a bad direction to go down

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

that was the last straw in a pattern of behavior and abuse that included the owner literally screaming at people in a loving rage if a single thing went wrong plus constant homophobic and transphobic bullshit that i had to deal with for two and a half years. advocating the death of my friends and family because they live in the wrong part of the state was the final bit but thanks for your faux concern.

E: also they think covid-19 is a hoax to discredit Trump and as such are not taking a single precaution about it, which had me wanting to quit before i caught it and died anyway (preexisting lung condition)

E2: i put up with this poo poo for 2.5 years because "oh it's not good to be unemployed" but at this point i'd rather be unemployed like everybody else in the time of crisis than, like, continuing to deal with this poo poo until it actually kills me. rational probably not but eh whatever i'm not going to loving get covid-19 from my coughing sneezing coworkers in order to fix a loving dent on some old man's hood

Your post said "I quit because my manager said they should wall off NYC" without any other context.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Pretty sure he is supposed to phrase it as something like "Not many people know it can be transmitted before symptoms show". That way you sound brilliant and informed as long as your audience is made up of fuckwits.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Your post said "I quit because my manager said they should wall off NYC" without any other context.

and i have given more context to you; i also truly believed and continue to believe that your initial concern was fake because we do not know each other so why would you actually care. this conversation may now move on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Xenocides posted:

Pretty sure he is supposed to phrase it as something like "Not many people know it can be transmitted before symptoms show". That way you sound brilliant and informed as long as your audience is made up of fuckwits.

Yeah the most shocking thing about this isn’t that he’s that ignorant about an issue of life and death, it’s that he lacks the good sense not to casually let on that he hosed up that severely.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

My man, the loving CDC is in Atlanta

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Oh cool Stuart Varney has a former catholic priest on to discuss how cool and rad and sexy the my pillow guy is for talking about the bible during a pandemic press conference

schmug
May 20, 2007

so not one, but two different people brought in food today for people to share...even have communal shredded cheese for everyone to stick their hands in. I'm ready to walk out of this place.

schmug fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 2, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

A manager saying confidently to their staff that nyc that should be walled off and left to die is context enough, buddy. gently caress that piece of poo poo.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

schmug posted:

so not one, but two different people brought in food today for people to share...even have communal shredded cheese for everyone to stick there hands in. I'm ready to walk out of this place.

wow look at this loving fancy rear end in a top hat with his nose up at good ol american communal shredded cheese

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

ruddiger posted:

A manager saying confidently to their staff that nyc that should be walled off and left to die is context enough, buddy. gently caress that piece of poo poo.

it was managerS it was four of them. it was a group of united opinions from the multiple people who are in charge of the location. that is also context that was included by the fact that i pluralized it in the original post. thank you for backing me up

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

schmug posted:

so not one, but two different people brought in food today for people to share...even have communal shredded cheese for everyone to stick there hands in. I'm ready to walk out of this place.

Didn’t you hear?

The virus knows when it’s on food and agrees that it wouldn’t be fair to infect you like that.

You don’t need to take any precautions with food because no one has conclusively demonstrated an infection caused by it.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Reminds me of that goon who got fired because he couldn’t stop eating cheese

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
The biggest pro-click of this whole pandemic is the descent into complete madness that is Bill Mitchell's Twitter

Watch a political scam-artist and Trump worshiper lose his loving mind trying to twist this entire thing into a nothingburger fake pandemic made up to hurt Trump-senpai

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
thank god for trump's newest tactic, cash on the tarmac and embargoed cargo meant for other countries. we really are all gonna die.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

InediblePenguin posted:

If I were you I'd try to say you quit because of unsafe workplace conditions or toxic environment, harrassment etc
And get unemployment
Think long and hard about actual events you can recall, etc
Do some research
The worst that can happen is you get denied
Im very sympathetic
First week of march I saw this coming, went to my dangerous workplace of 8 years and said nicely lay me off now because its dangerous here as I have documented for years
And they loving did thank christ

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

My man, the loving CDC is in Atlanta

Based on previous evidence, I doubt the Georgia governor even knew that until yesterday. :haw:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Upstate NY people always say trash like that. I'm from NYC but moved upstate a few years ago. Last week a coworker told me they should blow up the bridges and let em all die.

Now covid positive people are being sent upstate and people are buggin out. (As if carless city ppl really want their sick loved ones sent hundreds of miles away)

Upstate NY people constantly rag on NYC and see it has a burdensome moocher that eats up all their tax dollars. The far majority of people up here honestly believe that. Nevermind that NYC carries half the loving country.

Upstate NY is diehard trump fanatic territory. I was supposed to move back downstate in June....

I support the person who quit. Why the gently caress wouldn't you?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Moola posted:

I don't understand why CCP tankies aren't banned on sight?

You cant just single out one mental illness.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Reminds me of that goon who got fired because he couldn’t stop eating cheese

Look, I wasn't fired because I couldn't stop eating cheese, it was because I couldn't stop stealing cheese.

Jeez, get it right, Moran.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

InediblePenguin posted:

and i have given more context to you; i also truly believed and continue to believe that your initial concern was fake because we do not know each other so why would you actually care. this conversation may now move on.

Just read this, posted to you before I had. I care about you though you are a stranger as you say. Other goons do too. Gbs is a different kind of a community but it absolutely is one. I get most of my news from here, I'm holed up and isolating and I care about every goon, even the assholes. I hope you look long and hard at your options and can slide into unemployment. Stay safe.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Spinz posted:

Just read this, posted to you before I had. I care about you though you are a stranger as you say. Other goons do too. Gbs is a different kind of a community but it absolutely is one. I get most of my news from here, I'm holed up and isolating and I care about every goon, even the assholes. I hope you look long and hard at your options and can slide into unemployment. Stay safe.

thanks. since your concern wasn't phrased as "you did something really really stupid" i don't doubt it as fake lol

i appreciate the support from those who are offering it! i'm confident i'll be better off without that job than with it. i have enough money to live for a couple of months and i have local family to rely upon.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

So what are we at- about a week away from guaranteed death if you need to be hospitalized?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Look, I wasn't fired because I couldn't stop eating cheese, it was because I couldn't stop stealing cheese.

Jeez, get it right, Moran.

Cheese is so good

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Cheese is so good

God I love cheese

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Remember that time yesterday when the US just outright paid cash for a planeload of masks that were destined to France?
Today, a shipment of 10,000 masks that had just arrived in Quebec got "mysteriously" re-routed to Ohio by DHL.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2020/04/03/des-masques-pour-le-quebec-detournes

This is like the grown-up version of fighting over TP.
Also loving stop doing that.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:dta:

e:wtf

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I'm supposed to be working, but instead I'm (incredibly slowly) learning how to use GIMP.

I realized too late that I left the I in Xi capitalized. If I had more talent I would have replaced the name Teddy with Pooh instead of just erasing it, but I have no clue how to make text that looks convincingly handwritten.
Also apparently the fonts are different. Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

So what are we at- about a week away from guaranteed death if you need to be hospitalized?

Didn't we agree it was 20% chance of death if you need hospitalization?

Not terrible odds.