Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Help Im Alive posted:

also does anyone know where you get White Lilies because I got a good DIY recipe for a record player that needs 5 of them?

Given that I've never seen a single one of these I would guess that they're seasonal materials, like young spring bamboo and cherry blossom petals.

e; Wait no aren't those one of the flowers you can buy from Nook's Cranny? You can probably get them from someone else's store if they aren't in yours.

Bland fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Do I need to have the Bunny Day stuff on the island or storage for the mission, or can I just sell each bit straight away? I need the money.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anime_Otaku posted:

Do I need to have the Bunny Day stuff on the island or storage for the mission, or can I just sell each bit straight away? I need the money.

Based on what Zipper says you just need to get all the recipes and craft them at least once so they get that check mark.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Your Computer posted:

similar to how you can smooth over cliffs, you can also smooth out paths. If you fill in the corners of that path you have and then try to erase them at the corner it should round them out and possibly make things look a little better!

Yeah I saw that, it's more just giving the turn a rounded edge instead of a sharp one. Wish there was a way to have diagonal paths but ah well. I can try messing with the water and cliff placement here to help.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Electric Phantasm posted:

Based on what Zipper says you just need to get all the recipes and craft them at least once so they get that check mark.

However, note that some of the recipes are unlocked by getting a certain number of eggs. I have no idea if this counts only eggs in your inventory or also eggs you previously gathered which are not in your inventory.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Brother Entropy posted:

yes that way everyone can collect eggs and get the time-limited stuff at their own pace instead of having to play on one day or be poo poo out of luck until the next year

I get that part. It’s the balance that’s off imo.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

I liked this interaction.
https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1245751505816186882
https://twitter.com/CercueilSA/status/1245751530721964032

Sorry for the weird cut off. Didn't even realize you could record clips with the Switch and accidentally got because I held the button down.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are people talking to their villagers as a aside. I'm not sure what gives but half the time it feels like

"Oh hi, what's up?"
>Lets chat!
"You talked to me! Bye!"

Then they leave. If I talk to them again the second time in a day

"Wow you sure do love talking to me we're talking so much! It's been what minutes??" (Even when it's been hours)
>Let's chat!
"I like to walk and stare at trees. Bye!"

I got villagers I like minus a couple but it's really phoned in and it's kind of weird that if you talk to them more than once in a single session they seem annoyed with you.

it depends on their archtype, the more highstrung ones make a sarcastic remark, my smug and normal villagers take it as a compliment, my lazy guy doesnt care at all etc

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If eggs showed up in addition to other resources this would be great. The thing that I'm finding so annoying is that they're taking the place of stone, tree, and fish resources that I'd rather have.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Ogmius815 posted:

However, note that some of the recipes are unlocked by getting a certain number of eggs. I have no idea if this counts only eggs in your inventory or also eggs you previously gathered which are not in your inventory.

I feel like they turn up based on cumulative collection. I've triggered new recipes while only having one or two of a given egg in my pockets.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just wish you didn't need this sheer volume of eggs, NL Bunny Day you needed to find a lot too but this is just far more laborious. It feels like a MMO/phone game event, and if this is indicative of how much of a pain in the rear end all the holidays are gonna be then ehhhh

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Gonna open up for a while if anyone's bored and wants to explore. Native peaches

looks like the server's down?

Nook's Crannies: Turnips 153ea, hamster cage & Newton's cradle on sale. Shell table is the hot item

Able Sisters: Business suitcoat, cowboy shirt, ninja costumes, captain/policeman hats among other stuff.

A billion peacock butterflies spawn between Nook shop & our houses on the east coast. Make some cash!

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 2, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope the halloween/valentines/christmas events, are also eggs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Can't wait to build snow eggs

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Well, I did it. I turned off balloons, intentionally. Sweet silence. Please don’t patch this bug until after Easter, Nintendo.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://i.imgur.com/jbWl50I.mp4

This game is deliberately mocking me.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

it isn’t doing the game any favors either that it came out really recently and a buncha people like myself are only really getting to the expanded town points etc where here’s momentum building after the slower starting days expected from an AC game, so this feels like a premature stall is all :/

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Grundma posted:

It was nice to visit, you have a really beautiful island

Thanks for coming! Thanks for the birthday gift.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Fishing is the only time I hate eggs. Eggs don't count for any Nook Miles achievements, so screw you if you were attempting the perfect catch achievement or need NM+ "catch five fish". The ones in the ground are bad, but there's only one fossil per day I think so it's not too bad. Everything else you can ignore, when you want. My Peacock Butterfly farm is unaffected!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
QUESTION: I'm getting close to the finale. Does anyone know that if I'm playing with my wife on as player 2, does she appear during the concert?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Violen posted:

https://i.imgur.com/jbWl50I.mp4

This game is deliberately mocking me.

haha

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Gripweed posted:

They're children.

They're essential workers.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I was trying to catch an atlas moth in my town last night, and I couldn't figure out why the spawn rate of everything was so low. Almost no stinkbugs, even. Then I realized that cherry blossom petals blowing around are bugs, and take up all the spawn slots. No wonder my town felt lifeless after dark.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Anyone know what the hell are these tracks in the grass? The land is not able to be dug at all.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

No. 6 posted:

Anyone know what the hell are these tracks in the grass? The land is not able to be dug at all.

it’s too late the thing monster is already infecting your town :tinfoil:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

No. 6 posted:

It's where Zipper emerges from

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

No. 6 posted:

It's a pattern! You can press Y to remove it if you want.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No. 6 posted:

Press Y to erase the evidence.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does Zipper show up every day or is he gone for good?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LifeLynx posted:

Fishing is the only time I hate eggs. Eggs don't count for any Nook Miles achievements, so screw you if you were attempting the perfect catch achievement or need NM+ "catch five fish". The ones in the ground are bad, but there's only one fossil per day I think so it's not too bad. Everything else you can ignore, when you want. My Peacock Butterfly farm is unaffected!
there are 4 fossils per day

they still all show up during this event though. there's just extra dig spots for the eggs

Fun Times! posted:

he will show up for all of these 12 days

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Fun Times! posted:

He hasn't shown up for me today, but yesterday he said he'd be back for Egg Sucking Day.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

IronicDongz posted:

he will show up for all of these 12 days

No, he's gone until the 12th.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Some twitter goof - out of the our island and blew everything up.

So again, please come visit my wife for her quarantined birthday celebration:

BSLJ4

Thanks for hosting, I had a blast! I hope your wife enjoys her presents!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Casu Marzu posted:

It's where Zipper emerges from

:negative:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

No Zipper for me today, but he left me a note in a bottle. Also hardly any balloons today, either they toned down the amount or I unintentionally triggered the bug somehow.

What DIY recipes do you learn from egg gathering? Is there more than the outfits? I've unlocked them all but the sky eggs.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oxyclean posted:

I get the frustration with the egg situation, but I also feel like it's that way so someone who only plays every few days, or only plays for an hour a day, will still have a chance to get all the event stuff?

Yeah that's pretty much the extent that I can play on weekdays. I also always loved Easter poo poo as a kid so it's kinda nostalgic for me except that creepy mascot. I think the theme looks way better than NLs. I love bright and pastel colors, so it works out for me.
It sounds like a lot people on Reddit and here are able to play for a really long time which is why they get annoyed or burnt out so quickly.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

QUESTION: I'm getting close to the finale. Does anyone know that if I'm playing with my wife on as player 2, does she appear during the concert?

I’m not sure about the concert, but when I was playing two-player with my sister following, she showed up when I did a dedication ceremony.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
found this on my SD card what does it mean

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Opening up:
Mabel-Eyepatch/C.kimono /elegant hat/ punk and hipster stuff on mannequin
Turnips-poop
Shop-Floor Sign/coffee cup/pillow
Label is here
Northern and pears
4CKSF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Can you craft with things in storage, or only with things in your immediate inventory?

I'm kind of tired of wood and poo poo lying around my house so if I can max out my house and just throw all that garbage into storage, all the better.