Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Acelerion posted:

Over 1,000,000 Served

thank you for your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
pls quarantine gun chat until someone figures out the best round to shoot a single-stranded RNA virus with.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Today the Danish parliament doubled the penalty for covering your face in public gatherings, up to a year in prison.

why

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

no thread is safe from the perennial "22lr for defense" round derail

ok pick a new shitpost topic, im not choosy

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

“Engineering for the win!” 600k followers jfc

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Self Defense Fantasies

my idiot gun friend in college would tell these stories and my follow up question to all these scenarios was "how do you aim a shotgun while jacking off"

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I'll give you one guess which religion they're against.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-denmark-religion/danish-parliament-bans-the-wearing-of-face-veils-in-public-idUSKCN1IW1I5

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hint: it has to do with racism.

E: f,b lmao

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Something something “European culture” I’m sure

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Engineers are terrible people across the board with no exceptions

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

FistEnergy posted:

star wars

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/status/1245770146213507072

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

LimburgLimbo posted:

You are a shining example of American gun culture

lol ok

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Kibbles n Shits posted:

This applies to right wing gun owners as well, just replace "Karl Marx" with "the US constitution" and you're all set.

"One day you'll get to shoot your problems away" has to be one of the most successful marketing campaigns of all time

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

instead of buying or stealing a weapon, cover yrself in cursed antiquities that bring supernatural doom to anyone who breaks them. no one will dare harm you

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

pls quarantine gun chat until someone figures out the best round to shoot a single-stranded RNA virus with.

learn how to make tiny snares to trap them and trade virus pelts for beans

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I disagree, NUMBER always cares about unemployment. Whenever a company announces firing many people its stock goes up.

Corporate types and other rich people have fully internalized the idea that an employee is cost. They've internalized it so much it completely overrode the idea that employees do things (also maybe because they never do anything themselves). The ideal company has zero employees. Wait, what do you mean it's not doing anything? But you've cut all the employees, how are you not making way more money?

Seriously. I've seen this exact cycle so many times with so many companies. Company is in trouble -> let's fire people! -> woo, we solved the problem, stocks way up! -> wait what do you mean revenue is down? -> let's fire more people, that will solve the problem! -> stocks up -> repeat until once profitable company is fully run into the ground

lol at the bourgeoisie trying to end class conflict by liquidating the proletariat and then wondering why nothing is getting done

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

that would require a very, very, tiny gun, thus defeating the purpose of owning it for most gun people

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

EDDERKOP-MAND ER EN TRUSSEL!!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

if young luke had had a 22lr for defense, obiwan would still be with us today

forget the hokey religion and ancient weapons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

best thing you can get for home defense is a dog or two

guns are fun and useful but being proactive is better than reactive

FistEnergy posted:

COVID spreads in places with lots of cat ownership because cats act as resevoirs, this is because 5G activated their nanochips and thus Phase 5 of Jade Helm which started on the Mayan day of death

the bats are just a distraction for normies

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Squizzle posted:

instead of buying or stealing a weapon, cover yrself in cursed antiquities that bring supernatural doom to anyone who breaks them. no one will dare harm you

that's just gonna make you a target for the eventual hobby lobby funded militias

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

lol should I even be next to an open window with a breeze coming in?

Nevermind. I better get some fresh air before I end up hospitalized and billed 15k despite having insurance (If I live, that is)

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

oh cmon we havnt even reached the shotgun vs single round debate

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Squizzle posted:

the condom used before your conception is already broken tho

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

just stab it
https://twitter.com/USMC/status/1245713724385755139

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

if young luke had had a 22lr for defense, obiwan would still be with us today

forget the hokey religion and ancient weapons

yeah what's a light saber gonna do against a conventional round? make it so the jedi gets hit with a supersonic lump of molten lead? probably not a better outcome there

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Lambert posted:

American gun murder fantasies should be spun out in its own thread

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You're thinking .223 for deer hunting which is a centerfire round

No I am for sure thinking of 22. Of the variants, all top three confiscated deer poaching rifles from the US for illegally taking deer which is far more than legal tags has been 22wmr, 22 lr, and 22sm.

If you are a fancy pants non moonshiner who pays for tags, sure, 3030 or 3006 or a distance 223 third.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
over a million cases worldwide, the counter broke.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did anyone have "WaPo laying the groundwork for normalizing martial law" on their 2020 bingo card

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1245764137805918208

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

viruses are really really small, so actually even a .22 is overkill. What you'll want is a .410 shotgun loaded with powdered glass

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOpj-BEPnSg

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
it's good for lefty, smart, compassionate people to be armed.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

A Russian troll farm posted:

yeah, a .22 is better than nothing but sooner than later you're gonna want either an AS Val special assault rifle or a VSS vintorez in 9x39mm machined tungsten carbide cored subsonic ammunition, which not only is your ONLY reliable way of taking out an attacker wearing an armored exoskeleton, but it also has the stopping power to take down mutants in a pinch, and it produces no muzzle flash or supersonic crack, making it a very effective commando weapon. The only downside is it doesn't have an available grenade launcher attachment, meaning that you might be in trouble if you run into a pseudogiant, so you'll want to keep an AN-94 Abakan (which has a special 2 round burst mode in which the second round will leave the barrel before the recoil is felt by the shooter, allowing both rounds to hit in the exact same spot and penetrate all known body armor) with an attached GP-25 grenade launcher, and maybe an RPG-29 if you can find one.

Glad someone finally finished gunchat appropriately, this is the correct post, can we move on?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i plan to just do this instead of buying a gun

https://i.imgur.com/PdAWefr.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/Agenzia_Italia/status/1245772406091845633?s=20

quote:

CHRONICLE

The fatal blow inflicted by the virus on the chocolate egg industry

A confectionery entrepreneur tells Agi about the crisis experienced by the sector. With the only prospect of borrowing from banks to try to survive

Giammarini has been operating in the chocolate sector since 1937. More than eighty years during which the difficulties certainly have not been lacking, but never anything potentially fatal like the coronavirus.

The turnover for the approximately forty Italian companies operating in the confectionery sector is over 400 million euros during the Easter period and this year it is experiencing a sharp drop: between 30 and 40% of turnover. Luigi Giammarini himself confirms this to Agi.

How is the situation?

“We can't take it out on anyone because for companies like mine that have 95% of their turnover concentrated over the Easter period, the damage is huge. In terms of a much higher percentage, for a company that has an annual work breath. If the others, staying one or two months, had an average damage loss of 10-15% in percentage terms, for us it was more than 50% "

What could be the consequences?

"Dramatic. Either the banks give us liquidity and we can survive until next Easter, or we have to close and we are forced to fail. Because the turnover does not allow us to cover the costs. From what I have seen in the last decrees there will be no non-refundable indemnities or subsidies, so we will be forced, the luckiest ones who had the budget in order, to indebt us with the banks ".

How many people could lose their jobs in your sector?

“We hire seasonally, fortunately also for them, for 4-5 months, from December to Easter and we have 15-16 people who have worked at altitude. If we are not there next year, they will not work. "

How do you feel right now?

"Our company has been standing since 1937, it took coronavirus after more than 80 years. Sin. This is the situation and I think it is common to many others, at least in the confectionery sector, which is very affected by seasonality. Such an event close to Easter was devastating. As an entrepreneur I am resigned, it was an unpredictable event ”.

Are you trying to survive in any way?

"We are making online deliveries, we are doing everything to try to recover the recoverable, but the damage is still there. We have been collaborating with the Lega del Filo D’Oro for three years, we are currently making 300-400 shipments a day for them, but it is a drop in the sea. "

Wow! Apparently there is a whole sector of the Italian economy that makes eggs out of chocolate! Or rather, there was